The Huntress: Turned

THE HUNTRESS

All rights reserved. © 2014

Chapter 10

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Amaryllis's POV

(Skip forward one day, full moon)

I remember that the moon was almost full the day before yesterday, so that must mean that the full moon is.... today!

I've been here for two days, and in that time my arm has healed. I know hunters heal faster than normal people, but this was bronze, and it was a large wound. I shouldn't have healed that quickly, but I'm not complaining.

If they are going to turn me, they are going to do it today, or they're going to have to wait another month. It'll be a wolf that's in a position of power that's going to turn me. So, an Alpha, Beta, or Gamma (third-in-command) is going to be the one to turn me.

Considering I've been killing their packmates for quote a while, I don't think the Beta or Gamma is going to have the honour of killing me, so.... the Alpha's going to kill me.

Great. My mate's going to be the one to kill me. Fantastic.

Wait. Why do I care? I don't want him as my mate so why do I care if he kills me?

'It's the connection. You're actually devastated that he is the one that's going to kill you. But your hunting instincts won't let you admit that.'

'I'm NOT devastated! Actually, I think it's good he's the one to kill me! Because afterwards, he'll probably kill himself when he realized he just killed his own mate!'

'Whatever, you just proved me right.'

'Shut up.'

'I can't, I'm your conscience.'

'Fine I'll just block you out then.'

'You can't block me out, I'm your conscience.'

'Watch me.'

And I proceed to do exactly what I just said. Then I realized, how can you block out your conscience? That's like, impossible. Whatever, I need an escape plan.

I might tell him in his mate before he kills me, but then he will have to, because everyone will want him to.

Or I tell him, and he might not kill me. And he might put me somewhere that has more of a chance for me to escape.

Or I just die valiantly.

Or.... I try to find an escape route. Which is near impossible.

Hmmm.... I don't feel like dying, but I guess I have no choice. May as well torture as many people as I can before I do.

The first/second choice it is then. Since the killing me or not part is up to him then....

'Let's hope he doesn't kill us! Then we can be with him!' Constance manages to butt into my thoughts again.

'Let's hope he doesn't kill us! Then we can escape!' I repeat an alternated version back to her.

'You know you like him.'

I just roll my eyes in response.

'See! No answer because you know I'm right!'

'You're not! I hate him! I could never like someone related to the monster that killed my parents!'