The Huntress: A New Friend

THE HUNTRESS

All rights reserved. © 2014

Chapter 31

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Uhm. 3K votes? What. What is this witchcraftery.

OH MY GODDD I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

This is a pretty long chapter, just for you beautiful people :)

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Amaryllis's POV

'Do not stress, this shift will be smooth, but you'll be incapacitated for a while. Your powers are finally maturing. Hopefully Jared can save you.' Jade whispered softly.

I groaned as my bones felt like they were being twisted. Needle pinpricks spread up my body from my toes. It felt like when your leg falls asleep and it's waking back up again.

The pain was magnified, but it was not nearly as bad as the last times. My body was falling asleep while I was awake, and I couldn't do anything.

My nose elongated, my eyes changed, and I felt myself grow a tail. I could see Jared take advantage of Kayden's shock, and twisted his neck. Jasper and Jacob did the same with their enemies, and ran to the end of the bridge.

I have no idea how, but somehow, with the bridge cracking and breaking, Jared ran over and lifted me up. I was a huge wolf, so I wasn't sure how the hell he had managed to do it, but he did.

I looked back, and could see some vampires running out and grabbing Kayden and the others. For some reason I couldn't help but feel sad at the fact that I was leaving him.

I slapped myself on the inside, no I shouldn't feel like that. Jared had just come to... rescue me, and I was sad that I was leaving Kayden??? I couldn't have these feelings.

We walked for a long time before Jasper (who was scouting ahead) came back and told us he found an overhang we could rest under.

I wasn't really cold, because of my thick fur, but I couldn't even imagine how freezing the others were. I understood why Jared wasn't shifted, and that was because he was carrying me. But I wondered why Jacob and Jasper hadn't changed into their wolves.

'It's because the pack is so loyal they believe that if the Alpha is suffering through something, they need to suffer as well. But they won't purposely injure themselves if the Alpha is hurt or something, because that's stupid.'

'Oh. Ok. Well, the whole thing is sorta... stupid.'

'Most of the time, it's their wolves influencing their decisions as well. Although, with people like the Beta and Gamma, and of course any relatives of the Alpha, they would follow the rule anyways. Most of the time.' Jade added the last bit in a darkened tone.

'Can an Alpha just tell them to stop, and relieve them of their suffering? Or...?'

'Yes, if the Alpha orders his pack members to not do it, they'll have to listen. Sometimes, there are a few that are insistent about it, so the Alpha would have to use his Alpha tone to make them listen. Which actually could happen with Jacob and Jasper if Jared told them to shift.'

'But why hasn't he done it yet??'

'I feel like he's been a bit distracted by us?'