The Huntress: The Meeting

THE HUNTRESS

All rights reserved. © 2014

Chapter 4

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Amaryllis's POV

*BEEP*

*BEEP*

*BEEP*

"Muthreflurgla"

*BEEP*

*GROAN*

*BEEP*

*BEEP*

SMASH!

My hand collided with the clock, smashing it to bits. My hunter strength did that. I've always hated alarm clocks with an undying passion. Looks like I'll be needing a new one.

I roll out of bed (literally) and fall onto the floor with a thump. I stand up and walk to my bathroom, grabbing my clothes I had set out 7 hours ago.

"Ugh I look hideous." I said to myself, while looking in the mirror. My hair was askew, like a mini tornado had gone through it. My eyes had big bags under them, and I had dried drool lines down the side of my mouth. Basically, I looked like a zombie from the walking dead.

I cleaned up, slipping my black tights and black tight shirt on, for easy maneuverability. I glanced at my watch.

11:17

I walked out of my room, whilst grabbing my bow and quiver that was leaning against the wall just inside the bedroom door. As I was heading towards the kitchen, I unfolded my bow, (yes, my bow can fold up to take up less space, awesome right?!) and shouldered my quiver.

I sat down at the dining table, and just glanced around. I stared ahead, thinking about what was going to happen tonight. I had fallen asleep, and set my alarm to wake me up at 11. I breathed in deeply and released a huge sigh.

Sorry Rose, I thought, you won't have an uncle after tonight. I swiped a chocolate chip muffin from one of the surrounding counters, and set it on the table. I began plucking bits of it off with my long, agile fingers.

By the time I was done pecking at my muffin, it was 11:32. It would take approximately 15-20 minutes to get to the spot, in the shadow of the trees, and I wanted to get there at least a tiny bit earlier.

I slung my small bag around my shoulder. It had all the essentials, a small vial of wolfsbane, two wigs (one black, and one red, the same I used earlier today), a set brown contacts and set of vibrant green ones, a quiver of ordinary arrows (in case I run out of silver ones), an extra set of clothes, 4 energy bars, and $250 in cash. I had to be prepared in case anything, and I mean anything, went wrong.

I slipped out of my room in silence, and proceeded to the elevator. I found myself going over a list of things in my head...crap. I forgot the sleeping fluid. I realized I might possibly have some left over from the last time I used this bag.

As I was searching the elevator dinged, and I stepped out. In a small pouch, there was some liquid with a label that read,

Sleeping Fluid, High Potency, Works on bears, cougars, and other larges mammals. And werewolves.

I had written the last part in, obviously. I let out a sigh, glad that I had some. I was out of the apartment building, and across the street by now. I glanced at my watch which read 11: 38.