The Huntress: Curiosity Killed The Cat

THE HUNTRESS

All rights reserved. © 2014

Chapter 14

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Amaryllis's POV

After about three days of looking through the bookshelves and trying to find information about what I am, I fnally found a bit of a lead.

My slim fingers slid behind some bookshelves searching for more books. So far, the ones I've looked at have no information whatsoever for me.

I froze as my fingers brushed over something deathly cold. Metal. I felt the small engravings and patterns of metal over the wood.

I tried looking through some of the inky blackness at the back of the bookshelf but to no avail. I would just have to feel my way around.

My fingers brushed over the smallest indentation that I almost didn't feel it. It felt a bit like a keyhole, but I couldn't be sure. I needed a flashlight.

"Looking for something?" A voice said, and it sounded a bit familiar.

I turned around and saw Jacob. He was leaning against the wall beside the door with his arms crossed. He looked a lot like..... oh.

"Ah, the Alpha's brother I presume? And yes, I am looking for something."

"Yup, I'm the Alpha's brother, and if I may ask, what are you looking for?"

I laughed, we sounded so formal.

"Oh goddess you sound so formal! It's too weird! Hehe. I'm looking for a key now actually. Any ideas?" I chuckled.

He smiled a bit.

"Yeah, I don't do well with formalities either. But you'd have to talk to Jared about the keys, I'm just the brother." He didn't sound bitter or anything when he said the last part, so I'm guessing they have a good relationship.

I groan, oh jeez, I have to talk to him.

"Can you do it?"

He chuckles, that bastard.

"Nope. Bye!" He pops the 'p' and turns around, I scowl at his retreating back.

I throw my hands up in frustration, pacing the room. I assess my choices.

One, I can go ask him. Yeah no.

Two, I can look around some more. That would take quite a bit of time, which I'm not sure I have.

Three, I just added this one because it would look like I had more choices.

Okay, considering I'm actually really anxious to find out more about all.... this, I'm going to have to go with the first choice. I walk out of the room, pondering whether or not I've chosen the best thing.

What the hell am I doing?

Oh well, YOLO and all that crap. But I need to find him first which I probably should have asked Jacob about. Damn it.

Most of the reasoning behind going to find him is also because I'm am so, so curious about that little keyhole thing that I felt at the back of the shelf. At least, I'm pretty sure it was a keyhole.

'Okay, I'm all for this but just remember, curiosity killed the cat!' Jade echoed in my mind.

'But satisfaction brought it back.'