The Huntress: Fight Back

THE HUNTRESS

All rights reserved. © 2014

Chapter 22

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

:D do you guys like the new cover? It was BirdieLynn's work as well!

COMMENT PLEASE! :D

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Amaryllis's POV

With a delicate fluttering, my eyes opened. The first thing that registered in my brain was Oh my Goddess I'm so hungry... Then it actually sunk in that I had shifted again the night before and blacked out... again.

"Oh great! You're up! I was getting worried, you were out like a light for a while..." I heard a familiar voice say. Jared came over to the side of the bed and helped me sit up, while handing me a glass of water which I greedily gulped down.

"How long was I asleep for?" I asked curiously.

"Well, it's 1:30 in the afternoon now, so about 10 hours." My eyes widened in shock, and as I did that Jared suddenly frowned and bent down. He stared intensely into my eyes for a moment before saying,

"Your eyes. They've changed."

I flung the sheets off my bed and ran to the bathroom. I held open my eyelids to get a better view of my eyes.

They had turned into a bright, almost shining, molten silver, with a thin band of gold around the iris. The pupil itself was a strange mix between a normal round pupil and a slitted one.

I relaxed, as this wasn't the strangest thing that had happened to me over the past week or two. When I relaxed my pupils morphed into their normal roundness.

Huh. Weird.

I had been concentrating on my eyes so much, I hadn't noticed the jerk sneaking up behind me until he grabbed me by the shoulders. I jumped up, jabbing myself in the eye along the way, and nearly punching Jared in the face.

"What the hell was that?! Don't sneak up on me like that! I could have seriously hurt you!" I yelled, completely furious.

I wasn't sure why I was so angry, I knew one of the reasons was my watering eye, which hurt a lot. Also it was probably because of the stress of shifting and my fatigue. I just wasn't in the mood to be messed with.

"Woah... wait... do that again!" Jared said, brushing off my scoldings easily.

"What?" I asked frowning.

"That thing with your eyes, they changed into tiny slits, and the gold sort of glowed." He replied, still staring deeply into my eyes, as if trying to find an answer.

"I don't know if I can do it again though."

"Just try!" He urged.

"Can we just leave it! I've had enough change." I snapped, getting slightly annoyed at the way he was inspecting me.

"There! Your eyes changed to slits slightly!" Hmmm...

"So it probably only happens when I'm annoyed and angry or something..." I said, thinking.

"Yeah.... maybe." He stared at me again, before shaking his head and clearing the glossy look his eyes had taken on.

"I'm hungry... is there any breakfast around here?" I asked, just as my tummy rumbled.