Before I Go ➸ L.H

By lostinmyheadx

She continued to live with a smile. ___ Original story is on my old account @aussie_arses. More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16

14

98 5 1
By lostinmyheadx

Selena...

It's been about a week since the incident with Luke at school. We haven't spoke since considering the guilty feeling within me. Throughout the few days of my sorrow feeling, my phone has buzzed at least once a day. Not once have a checked the messages.

"You doing alright in her?" Cher's voice asks as her head pops into my room.

I slowly turn around from starring at my wall. Her eyes soften as she sees the distress that fills me.

She makes her way over to my messy bed that I have barley left. Her hand finds its way to my arm and she shakes her head slightly.

"Come on Selena, You shouldn't be so upset about this. You tried to help and he over exaggerated."

I sit up and rub my tired eyes.

"What I did was wrong and he was right to be upset. I just don't want to face him just yet" I tell her.

She stands up and puts her hand out to me. With the strength I have, I grab it and she lifts me up. We walk downstairs and I collapse on the couch while Cher walks into the kitchen. She returns after a minute with two plates of food. She hands me one and takes the place next to me, switching the tv on.

"Let's just enjoy the rest of our week okay, I'll go get your school work later on and we can just spend time here until you're ready to go back" Cher tells me, her eyes glued to the screen.

I know she's worried for me and It brings me happiness knowing she cares. As her best friend, I decide to listen for once and try not to focus on the negativity going on in my life.

Cher finally switches to a channel playing an old Disney movie. I manage to eat as much of the sandwich she made me, giving a slight boost of energy to my day.

"Did you take your medicine today?" Cher asks as she stands and takes our dishes to the sink.

"Yeah" I mutter.

I can hear the clatter of the dishes in the sink, everything piling up. We haven't done much for the past week except eat and do my work. Mum and dad have been in and out of the house, acknowledging me for once.

Cher enters the room again and slips on her shoes. She gives me a small smile and grabs the car keys from the wall.

"I'll be back with this weeks work" She tells me.

I give her a nod and she exits the house. The house isn't as silent as it used to be. Only sound is the television on. I lay back on the couch and continue to watch.

The sound of my phones loud ringer causes me to jump. My eyes scan the screen to see the new name pop up. Harry Styles video chatting me. My heart jumps a bit and I swipe to answer. His beautiful smile appearing.

"Hello" I say, my voice coming out higher than I intend.

"Good afternoon Selena" My name coming from his lips gives me goosebumps.

"How are you?" I question, unsure of his random call to me.

"Well I'm actually great now because of you" He tells me. "That song came back and the producers loved it."

My smile grows at his news and a bit of the guilt washes away. Harry continues.

"They loved it so much they may be considering a spot for your friend, Possible song writer" He explains.

"But he's in a band, they want to perform" I tell him before he continues.

"We haven't heard them, We'd need some proof that they can really sing"

I zoom out of our chat and go to my messages, scrolling through my photo albums and sending Harry a few of the videos from the gig I went to.

"Well there's your proof, Just tell me what you think later on"

He smiles at me and nods.

"You're a nice girl" He replies.

My cheeks heat up a bit and shyly smile back. He tells me he'll get back to me after everything has been watched and talked about.

"Selena one more thing, Don't be so down about that Luke fellow."

"How did you-"

"Cher told me about it, You're just being a good friend"

I purse my lips and nod. We say our goodbyes and my heart flutters a bit.

My music app opens and I shuffle my playlist, laying down and shutting my eyes. Listening to the beautiful music. Thinking about all the good things to hopefully come. Hoping Luke can see it to.

___

My eyes burst open at the loud sound of Cher squealing and shaking me.

"You got their song approved Selena, it's amazing" She says loudly.

I shake my head and sit up from my pile of blankets and pillows.

"It's not because of me, It's because of the band" I grumble.

"Yeah, but you're the one who suggested helping them" She replies with a bit of anger in her voice.

"Well I'm a good friend I guess. I see potential in them" My reply causing her to make a face.

I playfully roll my eyes and see she's now serious. She sits beside me and lets out a breath she was holding.

"Selena, I don't think you should be friends with Luke anymore"

My eyes furrow in confusion at this sudden comment.

"Cher it's just a small fight, I don't hate him. I don't think he hates me either" She shakes her head at my responses.

"Selena I need to tell you something Luke did, and you're not going to like it"

And my face drops. Along with all the guilt I was holding for what I did to Luke.

Luke...

Another day goes by and I still haven't seen Selena show up to school. My stomach flips every time I think of why she can't be here. I know she's upset with me, and it's eating at me. Because I know what I've done is far worse.

My eyes avert over to the boys who haven't spoke to me much. I understand why, but it wasn't my place to tell them her business.

A loud slam from the entrance catches my attention and I see Cher walk into the office. My feet move before I can think. The sound of three other pairs of feet follow behind me. This isn't good. Cher walks back out to be greeted by us all throwing questions her way.

"Cher can you please tell her to message me" I plead.

Along with questions from the boys.

"Is she actually sick?" Ashton.

"When did she get cancer?" Michael.

"We really want to apologize" Calum.

Her eyes are wide and her lips in a thin line. Her face heats up and her knuckles white from squeezing the stack of papers in her hand.

"You told them, You are a pathetic excuse for a friend." She snaps at me.

Her body turns away from me and to the boys.

"As of you three, It should have been none of your business until she was ready to tell you. She's fine just leave her alone now. Luke here has done enough to hurt her" She motions to me.

Her hard stare glances at me once more before she exits the school.

"Great job, She'll never speak to me now" I say and walk away.

To think I could've avoided all of this hurt again if I would've just listened to her. Over a dumb song. A personal song that is for her.

___

I stare at my ceiling. Thinking of nothing, but my stupidity. My phone has gone off since I arrived home from school. I just haven't had the need to answer the boys.

"Luke honey, Michael, Ashton and Calum are here" My mums voice calls from downstairs.

"Go away" I reply back.

"Luke Robert Hemmings, You better be nice"

I groan as I hear their loud footsteps run up the stairs and bust into my room. They enter all out of breath and make themselves comfortable.

"What do you guys want?" My eyes roll.

"Come on mate you can't stay mad forever, She'll talk to you" Ashton says.

I roll my eyes and look over to Michael messing with an old radio.

"Michael don't touch that" I snap at him as he messes with the channels.

He doesn't listen and finds a station with an upbeat song. It's unfamiliar, something new. My eye furrow and listen closely to the lyrics. Throwing my legs over my bed and walking over to my desk, pulling out an old crumpled paper. The lyrics, her story. It's my song.

"It's my song" I breath.

I shove the paper over to Michael who scans it and listens to the song.

"How did this-" He stops as he hears the announcer speaks when the song ends.

"That was One Directions new hit Illusion"

We're all in shock and frozen. One of the biggest bands in the world just sang my song. And there's only one possible way they got it. This was her plan all along and I fired on her.

"Shit, what have I done"

___

Published August 17, 2018

Okay so I know I haven't posted in forever but my summer was just awful. I've had a lot of family issues going on and I will try to update more but I am starting my Senior year too.
But if you liked this please vote, comment.
Word Count: 1600

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 2.8K 31
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...
178K 4.6K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...
231K 9.3K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
440K 15.6K 93
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...