12

Selena...

It's my first day back to school since last week. I feel a little anxious, but I'm going to keep my head up. Since yesterday, I've been thinking about the decision that I made. I might actually be normal, I should at least try to act like it until then.

"Hey, you can text or call me if anything happens" Cher says as she drops me off.

Her and Derek, so much alike. I nod and shut the door. I take a deep breath and walk inside. Already my day is interesting as I feel a presence next to me. It's not Luke.

"Good morning love" Ashton chirps.

"Good morning" I say still looking forward.

"I've been meaning to ask you, Are you okay? Like from the other night?"

"Yeah, Just headache that's all" I lie and I reach my locker.

"Well since we're going to be friends, You wouldn't mind putting your number in right?" He holds out his phone.

Awkwardly I nod and put it in. He smiles and I continue to grab my books from my locker. The bell rings.

"Well I'll see you later Selena" He says happily as he walks away.

I ignore the few stares I get from people. It's not every day that you see the boys who are usually childish and mess with you, suddenly being nice.

My classes go by quickly and we soon have our free time, which is lunch. As I'm walking down the halls, I feel a large hand grab onto my wrist and pull me into a different hall. Luke.

"Jeez you scared me" I breath.

"Come with me, I need your opinion on something"

He leads me down to the music room, which is empty. I've never been in this room. He sits down and I take the spot next to him. He has a pencil and paper with a lot things written on it.

"What's this?" I ask.

"Well I'm writing a song, But I don't feel like it's really our style, like as a band" He tells me. "Every time I try to find a rhythm to go with the lyrics it just doesn't sound right"

"Let me see" I say and grab the paper from him.

The word 'Illusion' is printed at the top. I look over the lyrics and my heart flutters a bit at the words he put down. Maybe I can help him out with it. As I'm about to speak, someone else enters the room. I turn to see a teacher and Luke walks over to explain. Quickly I grab my phone and snap a picture of the song.

"Come on, She doesn't want us in here. Plus you should get some food" He says holding out his hand.

He lifts me up and I grab my things. We walk out to the lunchroom, my appetite is small. I grab a bag of crisps and a water. I'm used to sitting outside alone so that's where my feet take me, Luke following behind.

"Is that all you're eating?" He questions.

"Not much of an appetite" I reply.

He nods and we sit in silence. A bit of a breeze goes by and I tug on my sweater.

"You cold?" He says pulling off his flannel.

"It's fine Luke, Keep it" I try to deny it.

He shakes his head and begins to cover me. He gives me a small smile.

"Thanks" I mutter.

"It's no problem"

He wraps an arm around me and gives my arm a slight squeeze. He doesn't move though. I look up to him, he really isn't as bad as I thought.