6

Selena...

Luke left soon after he came to explain himself and was told my secret. He apologized more than enough times to where it got very annoying. We exchanged numbers before he left, which was new for me, considering I rarely use my phone since I have no friends.

It's now Sunday morning and I get released today. I lay in my bed and I feel a presence by the door. My parents.

"How are you feeling?" My mother asks.

"Fine" I say.

Not that you care

"We were so worried when we got the phone call, You haven't had an emergency incident like this in so long" My father tells me.

Bullshit

"Well, Im alive" I reply. "I want to see Derek"

They look at each other before coming over to my bed to help me up. They help me walk to Derek's room down the hallway. I finally see him in person for the first time since Friday night. He's pretty beat up. Dried blood and bruises on his face.

"Hey" I softly say, he slowly looks up to me.

I sit down on the bed and give a small smile to him.

"How are you feeling?" I ask.

"Pretty shitty, got the shit kicked out of me. But i'm alive" He chuckles.

"So what happened?" I ask.

We both look over to our parents who get the message and leave the room.

"Well I went to find the restrooms, came out and someone grabbed me from behind. Before I knew it I was punched, slapped and kicked around. Then I was here" He explains what he remembers to me.

I feel guilty since the whole reason he was hurt is because of me and my stupid cancer. My bruises and bloody nose. The far from normal life I have.

"Did they find out who did it?" He questions.

Oh god. Do I tell him it's the guys who pranked me for so long, but then tried to save me from abuse they thought was going on? But Luke and I just started over. I don't want to say the wrong thing. I don't want more drama then there already is. I don't want anyone getting more hurt because of me.

"Um not yet, I'll let you know if they do though" I lie.

He nods and a nurse walks into the room, holding a plastic cup of water and two pills.

"Hello Derek, it's time for your pain medication" She smiles and hands him the pills.

He takes them and she leaves the room.

"Well I get released today, You should get some rest" I tell him.

I give him a hug, making sure not to squeeze him too hard. Not like I have the energy to do so.

"I'll visit you tomorrow after school" I tell him.

"Alright, see you tomorrow little sis."

I give him one last hug before slowly standing up and trying to keep my balance. I walk to the door and he speaks once more.

"And Selena"

"Yeah?"

"Stay safe please"

I nod and continue to make my why back to my room.

Thirty minutes go by and my parents push me out the hospital in a wheelchair. They help me into the car and we don't speak as we head home.

We reach home and I'm helped upstairs and given pain medication. It's not long before I hear the front door open and shut. Of course they would leave me here alone.