3

Selena...

Derek decides to drive me to school today rather than me walking. He says he doesn't want me to lose energy or faint on my way there. I'm rather used to it as I am with everything else in my life. I try explaining it to him, but he insists on taking care of me while he's down to visit.

"Have a good day at school today sis, If you need anything don't hesitate to call me" Derek says as I step out of the car.

"I will, thank you for the ride"

He gives me a smile. I shut the door and turn around, dreading yet another school day. As I walk down the halls, I notice an unfamiliar feeling. Not a good one, and I'm not sure why.

"What's up Selena" That too familiar voice speaks as I reach my locker.

"Yes Luke?" I question as I grab a few things from my locker.

"So, I overheard you'll be in the art fair correct? Since you're so amazing, the lads and I might make a stop by to see what you have to offer" He smirks.

Before I can reply he speaks again.

"Oh and don't disappoint us, wouldn't want you to embarrass yourself" He walks away after.

I slam my locker and press my forehead against the cool metal. Can I ever just get a break from him? The bell rings and I push my thoughts aside and make my way to my class.

I drown out most of my classes, not really interested in the information I won't be needing. To pass the time, I sketch in my notebook in the back of the classroom. Most of my teachers don't mind that I'm off task. Usually I get most of my work done. The bell rings and everyone hurries out of the classroom and into the cafeteria. I simply grab an apple and sit outside under a tree. Minutes go by and I feel a presence above me.

"Hello" I speak softly as I look up to the tall figure standing.

Ashton Irwin. The last best friend apart of Luke's little group. Not as into the pranks as the others and not really around as much.

"Hi, Can I sit?" He asks.

Confused, I nod and he takes a spot next to me. I don't look at him and he doesn't say anything for the first few minutes.

"So, how are you?" He questions.

My eyes avert my eyes to him and confusion is written all over my face.

"I've been better" I trail off. "Is there something you need? Not to be rude"

Ashton doesn't really scare me as much as the others do. Well more like they annoy me than scare. I just don't want him saying anything to irritate Luke. I'll be lucky if he doesn't prank me today.

"Just curious, who was that you were with yesterday?" He asks in the kindest way possible.

Of course. I knew something was up. Probably Luke planning a prank on me again. That feeling is probably whatever is going to happen to me now.

"My brother, why who's asking?"

"Don't worry nobody sent me or anything, just curious" He answers back as the bell rings.

He stands up and lends a hand down to me. Hesitantly, I take it and stand up. My legs shake as I try to keep my weak self from falling.

"See you around Selena" He tells me before walking back inside.

I grab my things up and walk back inside as well, making my way to art class. Looking over my shoulder, nervous for anything that may pop out at me today. Surprisingly nothing does and I make it to class without any humiliation.