7

Selena...

With Derek still being in the hospital, I have to walk again to school. I don't feel completely ready to go back. I'm nervous of what everyone will say. I never have before, but with everyone seeing my incident on Friday, it'll be the worst. Another thing I worry about is seeing how the boys will react at school. Will they say anything to me?

At the first sight of me, people begin to whisper. I can hear some of the comments about me passing out and how 'dramatic' I am. I try not to listen their words. I've done it before, I can do it again.

I get to my locker and want to just crawl in and hide from everyone. My breath gets caught in my throat when I look over to see Luke. A part of me feels he will act the same as before, but disappears when he gives me a shy smile.

"Goodmorning" He says.

"G-Goodmorning to you too" I say looking into my locker.

"You alright?"

"Yeah I just, Didn't think you were actually going to talk to me in school" I reply, not looking at him.

He furrows his eyebrows together.

"Why wouldn't I?"

I shake my head and shut my locker, looking past him and pointing to our peers and his three judging friends across from us. He turns to look at them and looks back at me as I turn to leave for class.

"See you around Luke" I mumble.

As I walk away I once again receive the judging stares and glares. Only a few more weeks of this and school will finally be over. If I can even make it that long, it's driving me crazy.

I take my seat in class and receive a message from Luke which I choose to ignore for the time and turn my attention up to the teacher walking in.

___

For the entire school day I ignore Luke. It's nothing new for me, maybe for him it is. Since he wants to be 'friends' and all.

I'm on the bus heading to the hospital to visit Derek as I promised yesterday. It takes only around fifteen minutes for me to arrive. After I walk in, I check in and head up to Derek's room. The door is already open and I walk in.

"Hey" I give him a smile.

"Hey sis"

"How are you feeling today?" I ask and sit beside him.

"I'm doing better. The doctors say I should be able to go home tonight" He tells me.

"That's great"

A part of me still feels a bit guilty for not telling him about the boys. I just want this all to blow over and be done with.

"So since there's not much to do in this hospital bed, I did a little something for you last night"

I give him a confused look. Hopefully nothing extreme.

"I got a hold of an old family friend last night. And I told this person of your situation, and they wanna come out to visit you" He explains.

"Who?" I ask.

"It's a surprise, but they will be flying in this week"

I pull him into a hug. He's probably the best brother anyone could ask for.

After we talk for a while, I help him up and we go to the cafeteria for food. It's not the best, but it's what's here. Derek decides to try and walk himself to stretch, since he's been in the bed all weekend.