5

Luke...

The loud echo of sirens fill the area. Large crowds of people begin to surround the scene and chatter erupts.

"We completely ruined this night" Ashton mumbles.

He's right. We're complete idiots, and can't mind our own business. I thought we were helping someone. Guess I was wrong about it. But there's still something wrong in this situation. Selena didn't seem okay, the way she bled and passed out.

"Luke we gotta go, police are here" Micheal nudges me and I can't move.

I watch as the paramedics lift Selena and her brother onto the gurney, taking them away. I feel a shove, but I don't move. Then I feel two hands wrap around my arm and pull me away from the circle around them.

"Luke come on!" Calum says.

My mind tells me to stay. It's my fault this is happening anyways. I'm guilty, so I should suck it up and tell the truth. But my legs begin to move and follow the other lads. Running away from our mistake. We mix in with the large crowd and find the exits. Ashton unlocks the doors and we quickly speed off after.

"Fuck! What did we do?" I groan.

"Well we're idiots and jumped to conclusions to damn quick. And for what, a girl we don't even know" Michael says.

"Hey, it doesn't matter if we don't talk to her or anything. If she was getting abused we wouldn't just sit and do nothing" I defend her instantly.

"What's gotten into you?" Michael questions, looking back at me.

He's right. Just jumping to a stupid conclusion has me defending someone who's not even my friend. But we pick on her so much, why would it be so hard to try and defend her for once in the first place. All I feel is guilt though, I'm not sure what has changed me in the past few days.

"I-I don't know" I speak slowly.

He shakes his head at me and looks forward again. Now with the car silent, I'm back to thinking again. What is wrong with here though? Should I check on her? Apologize? Should I explain to her the situation?

"What are we gonna do when she comes back to school?"

"Deny anything she says, don't speak to her, do even acknowledge her." Michael tells us.

"Why?"

"We're not getting in trouble for this, you shouldn't care about what she thinks or says anyways. You haven't before" He replies.

I stay silent again and we arrive to Ashton's home. For the rest of the night we don't speak about the situation we caused tonight. But I wonder if they thought about her as I did. Wanting to know if she's okay, but I don't speak my thoughts to them.

___

I wake up early the Saturday morning and my mind quickly begins to think of the previous night. I'm curious and eager to find out what happened. Everyone is still sleeping.

Quietly I go to the restrooms, brushing my teeth with the spare I have and washing my face. I make my way upstairs from the basement and grab my shoes. I slip them on and without making a sound, open the front door to leave.

"Lucas, leaving so soon?"

I slowly turn around and press my lips together. Damn it.

"Yes Anne, not feeling to well. I'm just gonna head home" I lie.

"Oh well I can wake up Ashton to give you a ride"

"No, Um no thank you Anne I'm fine really"

She gives me a questioning stare, but doesn't push the subject any further. She gives me a smile and waves me goodbye.