Before I Go ➸ L.H

By lostinmyheadx

She continued to live with a smile. ___ Original story is on my old account @aussie_arses. More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16

13

105 5 1
By lostinmyheadx

Selena...

The lunch bell rings and I'm distracted by my thoughts. My thumbs quickly type a message and send it to Luke.

*Meet me for lunch?*

I stand up from my seat and grab my bags and head to my locker, placing my books away. The lunchroom is filled with chatter and I look over everyone, searching for Luke. While in line I grab an apple and head outside to my normal spot. A familiar buzz catches me off guard and I look to see Luke's message.

*Yeah, Ill see you outside*

My stomach flips with how excited I am. All night I just kept thinking about what to tell Luke today. A slight breeze goes by as I sit outside under a tree. I wait for Luke to meet me out here. The slightly tinted windows from the school building makes me insecure with sitting out here alone. I've always felt as if people were starring at me.

With a few minutes going by, the door is pushed open and the tall boy walks towards me holding a lunch tray. A small smile fixes itself upon his lips. I return the gesture and he sits next to me.

"Hey" I softly say.

He sets his tray down and gives me a side hug, rubbing my shoulder for a minute before pulling away.

"You seem in a good mood today" He tells me.

He starts to pick at his food and I'm trying to think of exactly what to tell him about what we did with the song. One Direction is a huge band and I want that part to be a surprise, but I still want him to know about the opportunity with a larger group having his song.

"Yeah well Cher and I did a lot yesterday regarding your song" I look up to his confused face. "Like trying to help you out"

He takes a bite of his food and then looks back to me. His eyes are dark, and his mood has completely changed.

"Help how? What did you do?" He questions me calmly.

"Well you see Cher thought it would be a good idea to show a professional the song" I explain to him shyly.

"How would they see my song?"

"Well I took a picture just to get her advice on it" I admit.

"And what happened?" He presses.

"Well they liked the song and thought of making it into something that could be really big"

"So you're telling me, you took my song without telling me and gave it to someone else to make it how they want it?" The tone in his voice is something different.

His expression has dropped and my cheeks begin to heat up in embarrassment.

"Well when you say it like that it sounds bad, but trust me-" Luke's loud voice cuts me off.

"Trust you? That was my song, I never said you could just give it away. It was extremely personal"

I'm silent. I purse my lips to keep them from trembling. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. He looks at me and backs away. He goes to leave, but I speak again.

"Luke, I'm sorry" My voice cracks a bit and he turns around quickly.

"What is this Selena? Like did you do this just to get back at me?"

I sit up from my spot and try to get closer. But with each step I take he moves one back.

"No, I swear I was just trying to help" I tell him.

"Well you've done enough" He snaps.

He turns his back to me again and walks back inside. Leaving me outside alone with a sad heart. I sniff and blink away the forming tears in my eyes and grab my things from my precious spot. My legs move quickly inside, not caring about the judging eyes.

I reach the girls restroom and go into the largest stall. I lock it and slide down against the wall. My fingers quickly dial Cher's number and I try to control my breathing. She answers her phone, happiness in her voice until she hears my soft cries.

With that, she tells me to stay where I'm at and rushes to come get me. About fifteen minutes go by and I hear footsteps walking towards me. A knock is heard on the door and I crawl over to unlock it. Cher comes to my side and holds me.

"It's alright, just breath Selena" Her voice is full of concern. "What happened?"

"I messed up" I breath out.

___

After sitting on the restroom floor for a while consisting of crying and hard breath, Cher managed to get me up and back home.

"He yelled at you?" She annoyed with Luke's response.

"No, Only raised his voice" I respond and I receive a stern look from her.

"Why would he just go off on you like that?"

"He had every right to Cher, I took his song without asking and we gave it away"

"Okay, but you're trying to help him and his little boy band" She rolls her eyes and I shake my head at her.

My head turns away from her and I cuddle up to my pillow. Pain rests in my body, and today adds on more emotional pain to that.

"I don't ever want to go back" I sniff. "They're all going to go back to hating me again"

Cher creeps up behind me and places her hand on my shoulder.

"It's gonna be alright, You don't need them."

I think of what she says and she's right. I don't need them. But I want to be their friends. Through all of the embarrassing pranks and annoying things they've said to me, I actually wanted to be friends. But I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

"I guess" I mumble.

"I'll share my boys with you then" She jokes.

But not even a small smile comes to my lips and I can hear a deep sigh escape from her. She moves from the bed and goes downstairs. Leaving me alone once again in my deep thoughts and sadness.

Luke...

Anger fills me as I storm into Ashton's basement. They haven't heard about what Selena did, but all they know is i'm furious. When I reach downstairs, their eyes reach me and are looking in confusion.

"So what happened?" Calum questions.

"She stole my damn song" My voice is a bit harsh, but it's not towards them.

"What do you mean stole it?" Ashton's eyebrows furrow in confusion.

The song may have not been our style, but it was my song. She had no right to do anything with it without my permission.

"Exactly what I said, She snapped photos of my song and her and Cher gave it to some 'professional' and they made it their own way" I angrily reply.

"Why would she do something like that?" Calum pipes up again.

"She was apparently trying to help us, obviously she did a shit job at it"

"Well do you know who she gave it to? Maybe there's more to the story" Ashton defends.

My eyes snap to him and I glare at him for defending her. God they were right about her. I should've never tried to make friends with her. She was probably planning to get back at us somehow.

"Told you she was bad news. Should've never tried to be cool with her" Micheal scoffs.

"I know, God this is all my fault. I never should've taken pity on her just for her damn illness or beating her brother, She was just gonna take advantage of it and get back at us. Don't need her anyways" I ramble on in rage, but the lads are silent right after.

The looks are their faces are frozen. Confusion and regret in their eyes.

"What?" I speak again.

"Illness?" Ashton questions.

"What illness Luke? What haven't you told us?" Calum pushes.

My eyes become wide when I realize the words that I let slip pass my lips in my state of anger. Oh no.

"I-I didn't mean-"

Michael cuts me off.

"What fucking illness Luke?" His voice is loud.

"I shouldn't have said anything" I respond.

Their faces are full of disappointment. I know they want answers, but I shouldn't have told them about her. Even through anger.

"Luke I swear if you don't tell us right now what is going on, there going to be problems" Michael gets closer to me.

I can almost feel the heat coming off of him from his now sudden rage. I walk past him and onto the couch. My hands on my head and my eyes to the ground. They sit around me and stare at me, waiting to tell them her secret. I look up to them.

"The day after we put her brother in the hospital, I went to go visit Selena" I begin. "And I felt so guilty of what we did and I came to apologize to her and thought if we started over with her that everything would pass us and that maybe we could just grow up a little bit"

Their eyes are still stuck on me, urging me to continue. 

"I told her I wanted to get to know her and actually be friends, and that I knew something was wrong with her from the previous night. I was just so interested in what happened since it was our fault" I pause and see them nod their heads in agreement and that they're following along. "She finally told me what was wrong with her"

"Well what was it?" Michael cuts me off.

My eyes glare at him for a moment and he rolls his eyes, staying silent to let me continue. This is it now. Her secret coming out to them, something I didn't want them to know.

"She has stage two leukemia, and has recently developed a brain tumor" My voice comes out shaky.

We're all silent now in this circle of idiots. Now that I think of what I've said of her during my childish fit and repeat the moment her and I had together, my head hurts. The words I spoke just minutes ago I now regret. And now because of that her secret is out without her permission. I guess Im a hypocrite.

Michael stands from his spot and begins to storm out.

"I've gotta go" He mutters and leaves, not before slamming the door loudly.

"Yeah I should go too" Calum says and follows.

Ashton looks at me and shakes his head.

"We tell each other everything Luke" Ashton says.

"I didn't want you guys to befriend her just because of her illness" I tell him.

"Well we deserved to know too Luke, it's doesn't matter. We hurt her just as much as you did. I think we deserved to give our apologies too" He fires back.

He purses his lips together and looks down away from me before speaking again.

"Maybe you should go"

Without another word, I stand and leave his home. I'm more angry at myself now then I was at her. She's going to hate me for this.

___

Published July 1, 2018

Sorry I haven't updated much. I've been a bit busy. Please Vote and Comment, Ill update again here soon.
Word Count: 1894

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146K 2.8K 31
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...
228K 9.2K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
129K 4.7K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
930K 35.3K 83
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...