Before I Go ➸ L.H

By lostinmyheadx

She continued to live with a smile. ___ Original story is on my old account @aussie_arses. More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16

9

94 3 0
By lostinmyheadx

Selena...

When I wake up, I hear commotion downstairs. I stretch and make my way to the restroom to make myself somewhat presentable. After brushing my teeth, taking medicine and securing my wig, I head downstairs.

Cher sits at the kitchen island, having a conversation with my parents. They notice me and it goes a bit silent.

"Great you're up, We we're just having a chat and your parents made breakfast" Cher smiles as she sips on a cup of tea.

"Well we will have to be going soon, but you two eat up" My mum tells her.

Of course they would leave after I interrupt their morning. I take a seat next to Cher and she stands up and grabs a cup.

"Tea?" She asks, and I nod.

She pours the hot liquid in the mug and hands it to me. My parents finish up with their cooking and begin to gather their things.

"Well it was lovely seeing you again Cher" My mum says and gives her a side hug.

She simply gives me a sad smile. Her and my father exit the house, leaving Cher and I alone.

"Sorry for ruining your morning" I mutter as I take a sip from the cup.

"That's so strange that they'd act like that" She shakes her head and stands up, walking to the stove.

She grabs a plate and fills it with breakfast and does the same to a second plate. She slides it towards me.

"So I wanted to talk to you about something" Cher says as she eats.

I pick at my food and give her a nod to continue.

"Why is it that you stopped chemo?"

Im silent at her blunt question. I hear a loud sigh from her and I set my cup down.

"I didn't really have anything to live for" Is my most honest answer.

"Nothing? Your family Selena, Life in general. You're too young to go so quickly" She tells me a bit hurt.

"My parents don't care about me and pushed me away every since I was diagnosed. Derek moved away before he even found out, and when he did find out, he didn't even come back to see me until way later. And you, You left. I had no friends. I had nothing." The words flow out and seem a bit harsher than I intend them to be.

"I'm sorry" She says quietly.

"Don't be. It's life"

After speaking, she stays quiet. I move from the island and toss my food away.

"I'll be upstairs" I walk past her and to my room.

My legs give out when I reach my bed, and I fall into my covers. My body aches and my head is pounding. Of all days I feel worse than usual. My eyes shut and I try to not focus on the pain. I sit up when I hear the creek of the floorboards and Cher stands in the doorway.

"So how about that thing we have going on tonight" She says.

"Oh yeah the gig, We don't have to go" I tell her.

"No we're gonna get out this house. So who's gig is it?" She asks.

"Just a friends. I guess you could call him that. His names Luke" I tell her.

"Oh so you and this Luke fella, Are you a thing?" She questions while raising her eyebrow.

"No No, We just started talking and he asked for me to come"

"Well we're gonna go shopping and get some new outfits for this. Considering you own basically all sweaters" She says as she looks in my closet.

"It's chilly out though" I frown.

"You'll be fine, Let's go" She grabs my hand and pulls me downstairs.

I slip on some flats and she grabs my mothers keys off the counter. She sees my worried and confused look.

"She said her and your father would share the car. It's fine" She tells me and grabs her wallet.

We get into the car and she pulls a GPS out and we head to the mall. When we arrive I mentally groan of all the walking I'll have to do. We park up close and walk into the large building.

"I don't even know where to start" Cher says with excitement as she looks at all the stores.

She begins walking towards a store and I follow. This is going to be such a long day. A day I'm not sure I can handle.

___

Throughout the many hours we spent in the mall, Cher grabbed almost every single dress, top and bottoms and pushed me to try them on. Along with accessories and shoes.

"See it wasn't all too bad, you survived" Cher laughs as we finally walk back to the car.

"So much walking" I groan as I sit back in the seat.

When Cher starts the car the time is five and I have failed to know what time the gig starts. Cher starts to drive back and I send a message to Luke.

*I never asked what time your gig starts, or where it's at*

I send it and wait for a reply. We arrive back home and Cher helps me with the many bags we have. My phone buzzes and I quickly unlock it.

*Starts at seven, Did you wanna hang out before then?*

I let Cher know the time as we enter my room and she begins her 'work'. She pulls out articles of clothing and tries to make an outfit for me. I reply to Luke.

*Im with a friend who i'll be bringing along, but i'll see you then*

Luke says it fine and sends the address. I dress myself in the clothing Cher hands me. After, she begins doing my makeup and adding accessories.

"I don't understand why I have to dress up" I say as she puts a thick liquid on my cheeks.

"Because it's a boy who asked you to see him play with his band, he's obviously trying to show off to you" She says while patting my face with an odd sponge.

"We're just friends" I say again and she laughs.

"We'll see about that" A smirk plays on her lips and I shake my head.

It takes about twenty minutes for my makeup to be finished. I look at myself in the mirror and stare at a reflection that looks nothing like me. My face looks more alive and has a glow to it. My outfit is a long sleeve striped body suit with a black skater skirt and black thigh high stockings. I shake my head at Cher as she grabs a pair of black wedges.

"I am not wearing any form of heels" I tell her as I reach in my closet for a pair of all black shoes.

"Fine, but besides that you look amazing" She squeals.

"Don't you think it's a little too much?" I ask.

"Never, you're gonna blow his mind" She's thrilled.

"Now you've gotta get ready" I tell her as I sit on my bed.

"Oh no Im fine, I did this all for you"

"Cher come on, I look way to dressed up" I complain.

"I would never take then attention away from my best friend. Besides tonight's about you and this dude who's just a 'friend'" She quotes friend.

She continues to tease me and we go downstairs. She grabs a few snacks and we spend the rest of our time watching random shows.

At around six thirty we grab out things and head out to the car. Cher puts the address in the GPS and we arrive to a small theater. We walk in and there's a large group of people with stand near the stage with drinks in their hands and chatter fills the room. Cher grabs my hand and I follow her to the side of the stage.

"You okay?" She asks as I stare at the large pit full of people.

"Yeah, I'll be okay"

She nods and soon we look up when we hear people talking louder and cheering. I watch as Luke and his friends walk onto stage with their instruments. He looks at the crowd and finally speaks.

"Hi, I'm Luke" He says.

"I'm Michael"

"I'm Calum"

"And I'm Ashton"

"We're 5 Seconds of Summer" They say together.

"Thank you for coming out to see us, We're gonna start off this set with a song called Permanent Vacation" Luke says.

They look at each other and nod. Ashton counts to three and they begin to play. Luke seems to enjoy himself on stage and the crowd cheers. His smile grows with this. Cher looks at me and nods her head in approval. We sway to the music and cheer them on. The song soon ends and Cher and I cheer as loud as we can. Luke looks our way and smiles as his eyes meet mine.

"Thank you guys, This next song is called Catch Fire" Michael says into the mic as the crowd calms down.

With each song they play, I see a new side to them. The songs aren't that bad, and I see something so important in their life. Which is their band. We cheer on until the very last song and the boys step into the back.

"That was really good" I say looking at Cher.

"Not bad at all" She agrees.

We move away from the large crowd and take a seat by the bar. I feel a tap on my shoulder as Cher and I talk. I turn and see Luke, his band mates behind him. They don't look too enthusiastic to see me.

"Hey, you guys did really good" I tell them.

They don't reply. I don't expect them to.

"Thank you, it means a lot" Luke smiles.

Another voice finally speaks behind me with her hand out.

"Hi I'm Cher, Selena's best friend"

Luke...

I take the hand of the girl behind Selena and shake it. She's very pretty and kind. But Selena is also very beautiful. I take in her new appearance which fits her. Did she dress up just to come see us? She's too kind of a person.

"All of you did a real good job up there. Glad Selena brought me along" She smiles.

I'm a bit lost for words, but manage to thank her.

"Well thank you guys for coming, but we have to go" Ashton says behind me.

He goes up to Selena and awkwardly gives her a side hug.

"Thanks for coming love, have a good night" He gives her a slight smile.

She seems a bit shocked by his sudden act of kindness, but doesn't say anything about it.

"Yeah you too" She tells him.

They begin to pull me away and I manage to pull away for a second. Selena stands up and I pull her into my arms for an actual hug. I'm careful not to squeeze her too hard.

"Stay safe tonight yeah? I'll text you" I tell her as I pull away.

She nods, her lips slightly turning up. I walk back with the lads to get our instruments.

"Well thank you to Ashton who decided to be nice" I say as we pack our things up.

"Luke I can see you're trying with her so as your friend i'll try for you. You seem pretty happy" He tells me.

I look at Calum and Michael.

"What about you two?" I ask.

"Don't know" Michael says.

I don't push the subject on them and continue to silently pack our equipment away.

___

Published June 23, 2018

So i've figured out how this story will play out. Not much longer than the original but it's not short. Hopefully you like this
Word Count: 1973

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

557K 34.2K 98
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
222K 9.1K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
261K 11K 39
ဤ Fic သည် အရမ်းရိုင်းစိုင်းသော အသုံးအနှုန်းတွေကိုသာသုံးထားသော Big Warning 🚨18+ Fic တပုဒ်ဖြစ်သည် ။
122K 3.2K 73
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...