Irreplaceable (BWWM - Book #1...

By Cocoa47

Kamea Palu surprises her boyfriend, Reed, of three years on their anniversary only to find out he is cheatin... More

Chapter 1 - Caught In The Act
Chapter 2 - The Breakup
Chapter 3 - First Impressions - Part 1
Chapter 4 - First Impressions - Part 2
Chapter 5 - Who Are You?
Chapter 6 - Trouble Is Brewing
Chapter 7 - Oh My Goodness! How Could You?!
Chapter 8 - You Are A Wanted Man, Reed!
Chapter 9 - Kamea, Please Wake Up!
Chapter 10 - Big Trouble Ahead
Chapter 11 - The Road to Recovery
Chapter 12 - Trust
Chapter 13 - What Is Going On?
Chapter 14 - Getting Better
Chapter 15 - Welcome Back, Sweetheart
Chapter 16 - It's Official
Chapter 17 - First Date - Part 1
Chapter 18 - First Date - Part 2
Chapter 19 - The First Night
Chapter 20 - Rivals Meet
Chapter 21 - Not Again
Chapter 22 - Surprise
Chapter 23 - Long Time No See
Chapter 24 - Drama Drama Drama
Chapter 25 - Guess Who Is In Town
Chapter 26 - Trip to Italy
Chapter 27 - He's Here Too?
Chapter 28 - New Love & Trouble
Chapter 29 - The Rescue
Chapter 30 - The Bachelorette Party
Chapter 31- The Wedding is Here
Chapter 32 - Reception Time
Chapter 33 - Devastated
Chapter 34 - Goodbye, Jayde
Chapter 35 - Repast Trouble & The Gender Reveal
Chapter 36 - Miranda Is Back
Chapter 37 - Baby Shower #1
Chapter 38 - Wedding #2?
Chapter 39 - Trip to Milan
Chapter 41 - He Is At It Again
Chapter 42 - What Happened To Layla
Chapter 43 - Layla's Bodyguard Arrives
Chapter 44 - It's Showtime
Chapter 45 - It's Reception Time
Chapter 46 - Back to Jamaica We Go
Chapter 47 - New York, New York
Chapter 48 - Baby Shower #2 Part 1
Chapter 49 - Baby Shower #2 Part 2
Chapter 50 - The Babies Are Coming
Chapter 51 -Isabella and Kekoa Are Here
Chapter 52 - Another One Bites The Dust
Chapter 53 -The Grand Openings
Chapter 54 - It's Our Anniversary
Chapter 55 - The Wedding Is Here
Chapter 56 - Going Back To Cali - Part One
Chapter 57 - Going Back To Cali Part Two
Chapter 58 - Going Back To Cali Part Three
Chapter 59 - Trouble In NYC
Author's Note
Chapter 60 - Terror and Surprise
Chapter 61 - Baby On The Way
Chapter 62 - Who Was Kidnapped?!
Chapter 63 - Where Are They?
Chapter 64 - Good Riddance To Chase
Chapter 65 - Back Together Again
Author's Note
Chapter 66 - What Happened To Cris?
Chapter 67 - It's A Party!
Chapter 68 - Uh-Oh Part 1
Chapter 69 - Uh Oh Part 2
Epilogue

Chapter 40 - The Answer Is

2.4K 113 38
By Cocoa47

At the photo shoot

Marco's POV

This is how Layla and Ryan's conversation went.

"Ryan, what are you doing there?"

"Layla, turn around for a minute?" Layla turned around and saw her family and friends.

"Hi, mommy!" Layla's daughter, Braelyn, waved to her. She figured out what Ryan was about to do.

When she turned back around, she had tears in her eyes. Ryan had one knee in the sand and opened the ring box that he had for Layla.

"Layla, I wanted our family and friends to share this moment with us. I finally found out what true love is when I fell in love with you. I am so glad that you and I met at that party. When you told me you weren't looking to date, I was willing to wait. Thank you for the chance to make you happy. I love you so much and want to spend the rest of my life with you and Braelyn."

Braelyn's father, Austin, must have whispered something to Braelyn because she came running over and grabbed Layla's hand.

"Layla Danielle Jordan, will you marry me and be mine forever?"

"How did you plan this?"

"I already had planned to propose but didn't know how to do it. I did not want to take you to a restaurant. I wanted to be different. So, when you left to go to the restroom at the reception, I told everyone that I was going to propose. Marco suggested I propose at the photo shoot."

The photographer apologized. "Mrs. Layla, I sincerely apologize for calling you honey and asking you to kiss Marco."

"Marco and I planned it that way. We had him do that to distract you. While you were arguing, Marco and I switched places. The last set of pictures will be of us. So Layla, will you marry me and become Mrs. Meyers?"

Ryan then stood up from the sand, still with the ring box open.

"Yes, I will marry you, 'Sugar Hot Lips.'"

He then placed the engagement ring on Layla's finger. She then jumped in his arms and mugged his mouth with hers. Día, Rocco, and Braelyn said, 'Ewww.' Layla's father started clearing his throat.

"Sorry, I got carried away." Ryan put Layla down, and she wiped the lipstick off his lips. "Can we continue with the photo shoot? The chill from the ocean is making me chilly."

The photographer then says, "Layla and Ryan, now do your sexy pose." Then, I heard her father say, "Not too sexy. Remember, kids are here."

Ryan stood behind Layla and wrapped his arms around her, then nuzzled his face on her left shoulder. He started planting kisses on Layla, and the photographer snapped several pictures.

The photographer says, "One more shot, and we are done."

She whispered something to Ryan. Layla then wrapped her arms around his neck and started pulling Ryan down with her in the sand. Layla's father called Braelyn over to cover her eyes. I saw Cris do the same thing with the twins.

Ryan did push-ups while they were kissing, and the photographer snapped the pictures.

He then said, "That's a wrap for the photo shoot." But they didn't stop and didn't care who was looking either.

"Let's leave the two lovebirds in peace. Layla and Ryan, I'll wait for you in my trailer. Everyone else is going to the restaurant, and we will meet them." Layla gave me a thumbs-up, and I walked away.

After I finished changing, Ryan waited outside the trailer to change. "It's all yours."

I noticed a guy walking on the set but thought nothing of it. Fifteen minutes later, Ryan was done changing.

Ryan asked, "Hey Marco or Noel, have you seen Layla?"

"No, we haven't seen her since you both were in the sand."

"I would have thought she had changed by now. I'll go check on her."

"We will follow you, Ryan."

When we reached Layla's trailer, the door was locked.

Ryan hollered, "Layla, open the door, love!" Nothing. He then started banging on the door and twisting the knob. "Layla baby, answer me please!"

Suddenly, we heard Layla scream, "HELP ME!"

Both Ryan and I busted the door down. Noeli screamed, "I'm calling for the police!" The next thing we saw was Layla's hands tied to the bedpost. The dude had his boxers down and was almost in a position to violate Layla. I was horrified at the scene before us. Rage and anger overtook Ryan. While he grabbed the guy from behind and started punching the life out of him, I ran to untie Layla's hands and get her out of there.

"I almost had a taste of her 'pretty boy.' You ruined it," the perv said with a smug grin on his face.

"Prepare to die." Once I had Layla out of there, I saw Ryan almost choke his life out until one of the police officers grabbed Ryan from behind.

The police handcuffed the perv and said something in Italian, so Ryan asked me what they said.

"They told him that he was going away for a very long time. He is also wanted for several other attacks on women. While you were changing, I saw him roaming around, but I didn't think anything of it."

As we left the trailer, we saw Layla and Noeli standing together. Layla was giving a statement to another police officer and was in tears. Layla jumped when Ryan came over and wrapped his arms around her. She unwrapped his arms. "Please, don't touch me." Then, she let Noel hug her.

I walked over and patted Ryan on the back. "Give Layla some time." Then, I asked Layla, "Would you like to go home?"

She tried to fight back the tears but couldn't. "I just want to cuddle with my daughter."

So, we all got in my truck.

When we reached the restaurant, Layla's mom, Braelyn, Ryan's mom, and Kam were outside waiting for us. Ryan tried to help her out, but she wouldn't let him touch her at all. Layla got out, went straight to her mom, and cried in her arms.

While walking in the restaurant, I heard Ryan say, "What if Layla doesn't want to be engaged? I couldn't think of what life would be like if we were not husband and wife."

I reassured him, "In the short time I have been around Layla, she seems like a caring, loving, and humble person. I don't think she will leave you. Kam was attacked by Cris' ex-best friend the first time they got married in the Virgin Islands. Cris says she does have a few nightmares. The love they have for each other is strong. Give Layla some time and be there for her. You both remind me of Kam and Cris. How long have you and Layla known each other?"

"Layla and I have known each other since April. I knew since that day that I wanted to be with her. She said she wasn't interested in dating. But, the same day, she said that we hit it off and have been together since then."

"See, Layla is not going anywhere. Like I said, just give her some time."

Kam's POV

Layla's mom told her, "Layla honey, I know you are hurting. But sweetie, don't push your fiancé away. Don't let what that guy did to you affect your relationship. Let Ryan be there for you."

"I could never push him away. After what that man almost did to me, I didn't want him to touch me. I don't want even daddy to touch me. Mom, he had his boxers down and was getting himself in position to ra--." She started crying again. "I love Ryan too much to let him go."

"Layla, I was attacked by Cris' ex-best friend on our honeymoon when we got married in the Virgin Islands. I was on the elevator, heading down to the hotel's gym. Cris didn't come with me. The guy knew I was getting on the elevator alone because his room was conveniently on the same floor. Nobody got on the entire time we were on there. But, suddenly, the elevator stopped, and that's when he attacked me.

"You were attacked on your honeymoon? That was horrible, Kam."

"I fought back and knocked the mess out of him until we got to the first floor. When I told Cris what happened, he almost killed him. I am sure Ryan did the same thing to the one that attacked you. Somehow, the guy that attacked me managed to get out of jail and is stalking me. Cris hired a bodyguard for me after that. Your Ryan seems like a very sweet person. I met him before the photoshoot while you were changing. He was excited, as well as nervous about proposing to you. I told him don't be because you deserve all the happiness in the world. Sometimes, I still have nightmares, but Cris is always there for me. Let Ryan be there for you."

Then Ryan's mom said something as well. "Layla, you have an awesome support system that will help you through this. Ryan was giddy like a school kid when he told us about proposing. We were, too, because he finally has a woman that makes him happy. And we love your daughter like she is our grandchild. It amazes me how Braelyn and Katie are so close. Whenever you call me, I'll be there. It doesn't matter what time, call me sweetheart. Understand?"

Layla then went over to hug Ryan's mom. "Yes, ma'am. I understand."

"Hey, how about Noeli, princess, Ryan's mom, mama Olivia, and I come over to your house for a girls' night? We can have a girls' chat. Braelyn and princess can play together. We are sisters, remember? We are not going to let you go through this alone."

"Thanks, Kam. I would love that. Boy, what a rotten way to start our engagement."

"We will even make it a no boys-allowed night. Let's go inside because I am sure you are hungry."

Meanwhile, inside the restaurant.

Marco's POV

"Cris, you and I both know the person who attacked Layla. He is also behind several other attacks, the police officer said. It was Fabrizio De Marchi."

"I wish I had waited for Layla to change. Then this would not have happened."

"Don't beat yourself up, Ryan. It's not your fault."

Layla's father added, "Yeah, son. You got to her just in time so that he couldn't do anything to her. Sometimes, Layla can be stubborn. But in this case, patience is needed. Give her some time to feel comfortable with your touch. I thank you so much for rescuing her. Layla is our only child. If anything happened to her, I don't know what I would have done."

Cris' POV

"That guy was always trouble. Trust me when I say that he will never, ever bother Layla or any other woman again."

I texted my security team in Italy to take care of a 'problem.' I told them the 'problem' was Fabrizio De Marchi. After a few minutes, they texted me back, saying it would be handled.

"Poor Layla. I hope she will be okay," Layla's cousin mentioned.

Ryan's POV

"When Marco and I busted down the door, I saw he had Layla's hands tied up. He was standing, with his boxers down, ready to position himself to violate her. I almost killed him."

"You did what any loving man would do for his girlfriend, wife, kids, or mom."

"I just hope she doesn't lea---."

Layla's POV

"I'm never leaving you, sugar. I just felt, and still do, uncomfortable with you trying to touch me. Please give me some time. But, I promise you, I am not going anywhere."

I sat in between my mom and Kam. Both of them had their arms around me. I looked down and saw Kam's son, Rocco had come over. "Ms. Layla, these are for you."

He had a bouquet of flowers behind his back and gave them to me. I kissed him on his forehead. "Thank you, handsome." Of course, he wiped it off. Everyone chuckled. He went back to Cris.

Cris then gave him a rose, and Rocco then walked over to Braelyn. She said, "thank you."

"I think our little prince has a crush on Braelyn."

Then Cris says, "He is a charmer, just like his dad."

"Oh, boy. Now I have two monsters to deal with." Cris started flexing, then he urged his son to do the same.

"Um, Kam, looks like you are going to be in trouble," Cris smirked at Kam, and I guess he sent her a text because she looked at her phone, then started blushing.

My mom then said, "Well, for tonight, Kam is not in trouble. We are having a girls' night at Layla's house. So, Ryan, you will have to find somewhere else to sleep. Oh, and no boys are allowed. Got it?"

All of them said, "Yes, ma'am." Even my dad said it. "Now, let's celebrate a successful photo shoot. And Layla and Ryan's engagement."

That's exactly what we did - we had a good time. But I still found myself thinking about what had happened. My mom and Kam noticed and whispered, "It's going to be okay, Layla. If you want, come back to Florida with us for a vacation. Cris won't mind at all."

"Thanks, Kam. That sounds like a great idea. Brae baby doll, how would you like to go to Florida to visit with Aunt Kam and Uncle Cris?"

"And we can take you all to Disney. Ryan, you are welcome to come too."

My cousin, Darlene, added, "Layla, go ahead and enjoy some time off. Alicia, Jamala, and I can hold down the fort."

"As a matter of fact, we are ordering you to take two weeks off. You hardly take time off for yourself and Braelyn. So effective right now, you are off. And we will email your floor plans to Cris and Marco."

They are the only ones, as well as Riley and Sophie, who can boss me around. "Okay, Cris and Kam, do you mind if we fly back with you?"

"That's not a problem at all," Cris says. "The more, the merrier."

"August is typically slow for me because of my client's vacation with their kids. So, count me in for Florida."

"Thanks, sugar." The whole time in the restaurant, I never heard Austin say one word.

"Thank you, Austin, for flying Braelyn over to Milan for me. It means a lot that you did that. I owe you for that time because it cut into your father/daughter's time."

"It's fine, Layla. And congratulations on your engagement."

He had an expression on his face that I couldn't really decipher.

"Was he really happy for me?"

Well, I can't worry about that. All that matters is that Ryan and I are happy.

"Mommy, can daddy come with us?"

"Baby girl, you have to ask Aunt Kam or Uncle Cris. He is sitting next to daddy."

Braelyn turned to him and asked, "Uncle Cris, can my daddy come with us?"

"What's your name, sweetie?"

"It's Braelyn."

He picked her up and sat her in his lap. "Braelyn, of course, your daddy can come."

"What do you say, Braelyn?"

She hugged him and said, "Thank you!"

"You're welcome, Braelyn." Then she turns to Austin, "Can you come with us, daddy, please?"

"Sure thing, Braelyn." She had a huge grin on her face.

"Hey, Layla and Ryan, when are you planning to get married?" His mom asked.

"I want Kam to be my matron of honor, so sometime after she gives birth. Sugar, what do you think about April?"

"April sounds great. And, Austin, will you be my best man?"

Austin's POV

"Of course, I'll be your best man. Thanks."

"Of all people, why does it have to be Layla he is marrying? Woe is me."

Ryan's POV

"Are you sure you want a big wedding?" Layla asked me.

"Oh, I am sure. I told you I want the whole world to know you are mine."

"Okay. Sophie, Riley, Alicia, Jamala, Darlene, and Noeli, I want you all to be bridesmaids. And, my baby girl as my flower girl."

"I would be honored to be a part of your wedding. We all can't wait," Sophie added, and the others nodded in agreement.

"So, here is what we will do. Each of the guys will walk with their ladies."

Austin started clearing his throat, and I realized he was not dating anyone.

I saw Layla motion for Braelyn to come over to her. She whispered something in her ear. Then, she walked back over to Austin. "Daddy, will you walk with me?"

Austin's POV

"I would be honored to walk with you, baby girl."

"I just wish I was the one waiting for Layla to walk to me."

Braelyn kissed me, then said, "Love you, daddy."

"I love you too, baby girl."

Layla's POV

Braelyn got off Austin's lap and walked over to Kam because Kam started crying.

"Must be a mood swing because Cris just sighed."

"Auntie, why are you crying?"

"These are my happy tears."

Ryan and Kam switched seats. Cris wrapped his arm around Kam to console her.

"Auntie is crying because she is happy. Both her sister and myself are getting married. And auntie is pregnant. She is going to have a baby girl and a baby boy. She can't wait to hold them in her arms. I cried when I had you. I couldn't wait to hold you in my arms."

"You did, mommy?"

"She loves her babies just like I love you."

"Are you going to have more babies with daddy?"

The room got silent. Both Austin and Ryan spit out whatever they were drinking. I just choked on the drink that I had just sipped. My mom patted my back. After a little bit, I was okay.

"Braelyn, let's go for a walk." We excused ourselves, and we left the table. We found a little bench that we sat on to talk.

"Mommy and daddy are not going to have any more babies together. We both love you very much, Braelyn. But I am about to marry Mr. Ryan. Now, don't you think it would make Ryan sad if daddy and I had a baby?"

She thought for a minute. "Yes." Then, she says, "Well, are you going to have babies with Mr. Ryan?"

"One day, we hope too."

"Okay, mommy. Love you."

"I love you too."

"Hey, Layla, everyone is making their way to their vehicles. You and Braelyn are riding with Marco and me. I have your purse with me."

Noeli handed me my purse, and I told her, "Thank you."

"Brae, go over and say bye to your daddy."

She ran over to where he was standing with Ryan. He picked her up and swung her around. She kissed him, got back down, and ran over to me. I waved to Ryan and mouthed, "I'll text you." Then, we hopped in Marco's truck and left.

The first stop was their hotel so Noeli could pick out some clothes. After 15 minutes, we were on our way to my house. While riding over, I shot Ryan a text.

****************************

Layla - "Hey, sugar. I'm sorry that our private celebration was ruined. I wanted us to finally be fully together, all the while celebrating our engagement. And thank you for being my knight in shining armor, rescuing me from that guy."

Ryan - "Sweetheart, it was not ruined. Think of it as being a delay. We will have plenty of time to celebrate at an appropriate time. And you don't have to thank me. It's my job to protect you and Braelyn from sickos like that guy."

Layla - "You're not mad at me?"

Ryan - "Layla, I have no reason to be mad. No woman or child should have to go through what you experienced. However long it takes, I will wait for you. I just don't want you to push me away."

Layla - "I promise you. I will never push you away."

Ryan - "That is music to my ears. Good night, my love. Enjoy your ladies' night and day." 😘😘

Layla - "Good night, sugar." 😘😘

******************************

We made it safely to our house. Since everyone was at the same hotel, they all followed Marco's SUV to my house. All the girls got out, and the guys all left.

Kam's POV

Layla's house is beautiful, and it is right on the beach. We all changed into our pajamas and had our little girl chat.

Princess and Braelyn got along really well. They played with dolls in Braelyn's room. We stayed up practically all night talking about our men and Layla's business. She is quite successful. And, with her now being in Europe, "Look out, world. Layla is coming."

The night was a little rough for her, though. I had late-night/early-morning cravings. As I passed her room, I heard her crying. I opened her door and saw that Layla was having a nightmare. She was also sweating heavily, and her breathing was also heavy.

"Layla, wake up!"

She did and immediately sat up. "Layla, you were having a nightmare. Try to breathe slowly. I'll be right back." I went to get her a cup of water. Then, I went back to her room. "Here, drink this." I also grabbed a washcloth to wipe the sweat from her face.

"Listen to me. I already know that Marco and Ryan told Cris. Cris will make sure that the creep who did that to you will never bother you again. Think about your wedding, honey. Okay? I am going to call Cris and have him bring Ryan here."

"Thanks, Kam."

"Where is your cellphone?"

She pointed to her purse. So, I went over and looked in it for her phone. I found it and dialed Cris.

While talking to him, I walked back to Layla and sat on the bed with her.

When Cris picked up, I didn't give him a chance to speak.

"Hey, handsome, can you bring Ryan over? I just woke Layla up from a nightmare. She was sweating profusely, and her breathing was heavy. She calmed down some. She is hurting, Cris."

"Okay. We will get dressed and be right over. What is the address?"

I gave Cris the address. Then he says, "Give us about 20 to 25 minutes."

"Thanks, handsome. See you when you get here." Then, we hung up the phone.

"Layla, Cris is going to bring Ryan over. But I won't leave you alone. We are 'ohana.' And, 'ohana' in Hawaiian means family. This may be easy for me to say but try and get some sleep."

"I'll try, but I can't. In my dream, the creep told me, 'You tasted good, Layla. How about another round?' Kam, when he came to the trailer, he knew my name. He probably knows where I live now."

About 25 minutes later, I heard Cris and Ryan coming up the stairs. "In here!" I screamed so they would listen to me.

"Layla, I'm going to switch places with Ryan. Try to let him hold you. Always remember he loves you and will not hurt you. If you don't feel comfortable, we will switch back."

He came over to the side of the bed I was on, and we switched. He placed a pillow in his lap and motioned for Layla to lay her head down. She was hesitant at first, but she did it. She flinched, too, then I saw her cringing.

"Can we leave on Friday instead of Saturday? I don't want Layla to stay another day here."

Cris tells Layla, "I know the guy who assaulted you. And trust me, he will never, ever hurt you or anyone else, okay? If you would like to, we can get you and Braelyn a bodyguard. I'll see if we can get an early flight time and let you know."

"Thank you so much, Kam and Cris. I love you both."

"We love you too, Layla. Don't you worry. We got your back." As Cris and I walked out of her room, I couldn't help but cry.

"Can you stay? Memories of what happened in the Virgin Islands are coming back."

"Of course, love. When we talk to Jake, we will see if he knows anyone available to be a bodyguard for Layla and Braelyn."

So, we both got under the covers, snuggled together, and fell asleep.

******************************

Narrator's POV

Cris and Ryan were the only two guys permitted in the house. The others had to wait until Friday. Thursday went by fast, so everyone packed to head back home to America.

Early Friday morning, Cris, Kam, Layla, Ryan, Austin, Marco, Noeli, Braelyn, Día, and Rocco flew back to Florida. Everyone else flew back to NYC.

By the time they had made it safely to Florida, it was after 10 pm. Cris and Marco went to the valet stand to have their trucks brought out to where they were standing. Layla was making progress. She let Ryan hold her hand.

While waiting for the valet, they had no clue they were being watched from afar. Specifically, Layla was being watched.

Chase's POV

We were just about to head towards our gate for the jet to take off. But, a surprising development has happened. I saw Cris and my prize.

"Well, it looks like we picked the right time to travel back to California. But now, seeing them, we are staying. Mike, I want you to follow them and see where they live. Because I see another sexy piece of chocolate that I want to have too."

******************************

Thank you all for reading chapter 40.

Layla's engagement ring is courtesy of Can Stock Photos - © Can Stock Photo / fruitcocktail

And thank you all for the votes and comments. 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.9K 1K 37
Romina Windstor, daughter of two of the most ruthless Italian assassins, reunited with childhood boy next door crush Joseph Giordano. The once nerdy...
24.7K 741 37
Valeries life makes a turn for the worse when her family company is on the verge of bankruptcy. The only way to protect herself and her family is to...
1.3M 37.2K 31
Nariah Williams always work for what she wanted. She never had anything handed to her on a silver platter. Her past relationships weren't the absolut...
4K 151 36
"We agreed. If I won, you'd marry me someday." "Why'd you wanna marry me, anyhow?" I ask. "So, I can do this for the rest of our lives," he stops wal...