Summer, 1983 (I'll call you b...

By ThinkingPeaches

After the blank years, Oliver's wife can no longer keep the secret that she's known for years. She knows that... More

I'll call you by mine
Home
The Boys
B
The Graduate
Different
Not a kid!
Hangover
The Party
Desire
4th of July
Promise?
The book
London
Jona
Answers
Promise is a Promise
Stan
Summer's Ending
See you in New York
Home Again
Feelings, I don't do them
Barriers
Fears
Hidden Desires
University Dinner
Friday Night Lights
Fall
Rules Don't Apply
Truth & Heartbreak
Letting Go
Best Friends and Cabins
Vermont
Graduation Day
About Last Night
No worries
What happened to Elio?
Summer 2005
From a numb heart
Waiting
Very Unhappy Birthday
Growing Up
So this is Love
Why?
I do's and I don'ts
In the park
The Past
Family dinner
To Forgive?
Home Sweet B
Elio meets Elio
Oliver meets Oliver
Pre-Production
Peach
Mon Coeur
Midnight
Finally
Consume Me...
Back to Summer
Secrets and tears
My funny Valentine...
Penny for your thoughts
No day but today
Things happen for reasons
Letting go and starting a new
Repaid
Ghosts of the past.
Ghosts

It's the little things

482 25 2
By ThinkingPeaches

The late October air was crisp, the leaves had begun to turn orange and fall to the ground. Oliver was on the front porch hanging a fall wreath on the door. The house was being prepared for Oliver's birthday celebration. Elio was out picking up the cake, food, and drinks. While Arty and Michael were in the backyard putting up decorations.

"Oliver, did Elio say specifically where he wanted the tables?" Arty asked poking his head out of the study window.

"No just set them where you think is best."

"Got it!" Arty ducked back into the house. Oliver heard Elio pull up in the truck, Elio insisted he on taking his BMW but when he realized only the cake would fit into the car he changed his mind. He rushed down the steps to help. Elio got out of the truck smiling.

"What are you up too?" Oliver asks giving Elio a kiss.

"What do you mean? I've just been to the bakers, grocery, and the party store." Elio walked around to the side of the truck he opened it and was assaulted by grey balloons that had tombstones on them.

"You know you're not funny." Oliver huffed pointing at the balloons.

"I'm fucking hysterical. Just wait until you turn 50 next year, you are going to really think I'm funny." Elio laughed.

"You wouldn't."

"Oh but I will. It's payback for my 40th birthday party when there were 40 cows in our backyard and a massive sign in the front saying Lordy Lordy Elio's turning 40! It's on baby!"

"Hey in my defense that was the boy's idea."

"You can't hide behind them for that, they've already ratted you out, my dear."

"Damn!"

They hauled everything into the house. The house phone rang and Elio rushed in to get it. They had already gotten RSVP's from about seventy people, the house was going to be full.

"Who was that?" Oliver asked as Elio walked out of the house.

"That was Christopher, he's about 10 minutes away." Elio smiled.

"He's coming awfully early."

"Not really, he said he wanted to come and help set up before everyone else had your attention."

"Well, at least one of my son's will be here. I tried calling Jona and he didn't answer. He's not even called me yet today. You don't think he forgot to do you?" Oliver pouted a little.

"No, he and Lea are busy. They have a baby on the was and Jona is also busy with school. He will call dear don't worry." Elio said lovingly.

The backyard was nearly done when Christopher popped his head out of the back door.

"HAPPY 49th BIRTHDAY POPS!" Chris yelled out with a gift in hand and his arms in the air. Oliver turned and greeted Chris with a smile.

"Hey, buddy!" Oliver gave him a hug. "You know there is no reason to throw my age in there a simple happy birthday would have sufficed." Oliver laughed.

"Yeah, but it would have been as fun. Plus I really wanted to see your face when I gave you this." Chris stepped aside as Annella, David, Mini, Jude, Jona and a very pregnant Lea walked out of the house. Oliver was speechless and overwhelmed. All he would do was hug everyone.

"David? Well, I'm not going to ask just yet what's going. But I'm just happy to see you again." Oliver gave David the biggest hug. "And who is this gorgeous little one?"

"This is Vimini but we call her Mini."

"Hi." She waves at Oliver.

"Vimini?" Oliver held back his tears.

"Yes, the day she was born I remembered the little girl that lived next door to Elio."

"She was a bright and strong little one," Oliver said taking Minis hand.

"She is that. Very smart and very strong."

"Elio come meet Vimini." Oliver reaches out his hand to welcome Elio.

"Hello, Vimini. I'm Elio, I knew the little girl you were named after. And I have to say you are just as she was."

Mini giggled and shoved her face into David's neck.

Everyone had begun to arrive at the Perlman-Adler house by 5 in the evening. There were gifts, cake, singing and of course food. Elio sat down next to Christopher who was drinking his beer by the fire.

"So how long were you going to wait before you told us that you and David were together?" Elio asks leaning back into the chair crossing his arms over his chest.

"Uh, today?" Christopher smiled shrugging. " Sorry I would have told you all sooner but I didn't want to get my hopes up. He and I have changed a lot in the last five years. And if we were to not work out, I just didn't want any more feelings to get hurt. You and dad went through a lot when everything fell apart between David and I."

"Well we are very happy you two have finally found each other. Did you have to go through the same thing with his daughter that I had too with you and your brother?"

"God no! Mini is different, she is just the best kid I've ever met. It's funny when David and I kissed in front of her for the first time she giggled. By the end of the week, she was the one asking me to move in with her and David. She just a funny little girl."

"Well, your dad seems to be in love with her as well." Elio and Christopher watch Oliver picking Mini up in the air as she squealed with joy.

"He is in his element right now isn't he?"

"Yes, yes he is. I wish you boys could have met Vimini she was brilliant a literal genius. Leukemia took her the following year after your dad left. I still add that extra candle on my cake every year just for her."

"Yeah, dad said she was bold."

"Bold wasn't the word for it." Elio laughed. "If this Vimini is anything like her namesake, you my boy are going to have your hands full."

Oliver never did question Christopher or David about their relationship, he was just happy that they were happy. By Christmas, the Perlman-Adler clain had welcomed a new member. On December 14th, little miss Annella Perl Adler was born four weeks early but healthy.

"She is perfect," Oliver whispered as he held her.

"She is we've decided that we are going to just call her Ella Perl," Jona spoke softly. Oliver laughed.

"That almost sounds like she should be from the deep south."

"I thought so too, but Lea insists."

"Of course it's a beautiful name for my beautiful little girl," Lea said sitting up in the hospital bed.

"Yes, she is very beautiful." Elio leaned into Oliver kissing the soft blonde hair on her head.

David, Chris, Mini, and Annella arrived at the hospital. Mini ran to Oliver peering at the baby.

"Is she my little cousin?" Mini asked.

"Yes, she is your little cousin," Oliver said smiling even wider.

"She's pretty." Mini softly touched the baby's head.

"Yes, she's very pretty," Elio said picking Mini up so she could see the baby better. They saw a flash and Christopher had taken a picture of the four of them.

"You better give me a copy of that," Oliver said looking up at them.

"Dad how many times do I have to tell you, you need to get a Facebook account. Elio even has one." Christopher scoffed at his father.

"Oh, I don't need that Facebook thing."

"You are an intelligent man you can figure out Facebook. Besides, it will be the quickest way to see pictures of Ella Perl after you go home you know."

"Well, then I will just use Elios." Oliver shrugged it off.

"You are stubborn you know that pops." Jona chuckled.

On Christmas morning Mini came barreling through the door of Chris and David's room. Her room was officially Chris and Jonas old room. She jumped on the bed.

"It's THRISMAS!! Daddy, Tris wake up!" Mini cheered while jumping in between them.

"Okay, Okay Mini I'm up I'm up." David groaned.

"Okay, I go get Nonna!" she rushed to Annella's room she sat at her vanity brushing her hair.

"Nonna! Let's open presents!"

"Okay piccino, I will be there in a moment."

Mini smiled at her closing the door. On her way to the stairs, she saw out of the window. It was snowing, a thick blanket covered the property. Mini's eyes grew wide at what her big blue eyes saw. She steadily crawled up the stairs to the room just in front of the stairs. She sneaks into the quiet room. Elio smiled as he felt the small shift in the bed. He opened his eyes, seeing the little girl lean over Oliver, she began to whisper.

"Bubbeh wake up it's Trismas. Santa tame."

Oliver smiled.

"Oh, he did?" He asked and Mini nodded."Well then let's wake up Nonno and we will go downstairs."

Mini had started calling them her bubbeh and nonno not too long after they had started visiting every week. They loved it when she asked them what they called their grandpas.

"Nonno's already awake." She giggles as she laid on top of Elio.

"Alright let's get up and opened presents. I take it you've already woken up the entire house?" Elio asked her.

"Yup!"

"Dear lord it's only 7 am. Mini couldn't you have waited a couple of house." Oliver groaned as he got out of bed.

"Bubbeh I was too excited." She jumped up standing on the bed. Oliver grabbed her up.

Downstairs the wrapping paper was strung from one end of the living room to the other. Everyone's stocking hung from the fireplace. Mini sat in the middle of the room playing with her dolls, Ella Perl lay next to her on a boppy pillow.

"I don't think I could be any happier than I am at this moment." Oliver looked to Elio grabbing his hand.

"Me either the boys are happy, my momma is in good health and I have you." Elio kissed Oliver's hand.

"You will always have me as long as I breathe."

"Bubbeh you and nonno need to open your presents."

"Alright, sweety start handing us gifts," Oliver told her waving his hand toward the tree. This family was whole again. Happiness was always in their future.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.9K 5.6K 27
Dontavius has been in love with Diamond since they were kids. When they were 23 and 22 respectively and finally began exploring a relationship togeth...
6.6K 382 12
[COMPLETED] When Eli found his boyfriend having sex with his best friend, he was shattered. Tyler and Tony were the only people other than his family...
59.6K 1.7K 30
"I hate you - so much Tripp." More confusion because, once more, wasn't this a good thing? "Why did you have to say that? What if," A little quieter...
7.2M 262K 42
Nathen Dawson is so in love with his girlfriend, Tracy. The two of them are as happy as any couple can be, and there is literally nothing that can ge...