outlines ✰ l.h.

By fluffycashton

A classic high school sweetheart story that's been doused in liquor and cigarette smoke. Copyright © fluffyca... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two

chapter eleven

29.2K 1.3K 562
By fluffycashton

from: luke skywalker

received: 11:47pm

Hi sweets

from: luke skywalker

received: 11:47pm

Are you awake

-

to: luke skywalker

sent: 11:48pm

don't call me sweets

-

from: luke skywalker

received: 11:48pm

It's cute

-

to: luke skywalker

sent: 11:48pm

i don't think cute is the way i'd describe it

-

from: luke skywalker

received: 11:49pm

Can I come over

from: luke skywalker

received: 11:49pm

:-)

-

to: luke skywalker

sent: 11:49pm

what no go to sleep i saw you a few hours ago

to: luke skywalker

sent: 11:50pm

and that smiley is creepy

-

from: luke skywalker

received: 11:50pm

;-----)

-

to: luke skywalker

sent: 11:52pm

no stop that face makes me so uncomfortable

-

from: luke skywalker

received: 11:52pm

Sorry

from: luke skywalker

received: 11:52pm

So can I come over now

-

to: luke skywalker

sent: 11:53pm

luke no you aren't coming over there's school tomorrow and it's nearly midnight

-

from: luke skywalker

received: 11:54pm

I'm coming over

-

to: luke skywalker

sent: 11:54pm

WHY

to: luke skywalker

sent: 11:58pm

i hate you

-

from: luke skywalker

sent: 12:08am

Of course you don't, sweets

-

As soon as I opened the last message from him, I jumped at the sound of something hitting one of my windows. I had two and one of them was open while the other was closed. Luckily enough, I didn't have rocks getting thrown through my open window.

I climbed out of bed, wrapping my blanket around my bare shoulders and putting both hands on my window sill and staring down at the blonde boy in my backyard.

"What the hell are you doing?" I whisper-shouted.

"Your cloak looks nice," Luke said, a smile spreading across his face.

I glared at him, "Luke, come inside."

"How? I can't get to your window from here." He motioned towards the floor below me, which was my basement. If my house wasn't built on a small hill we wouldn't have the problem.

"How did you even know what window was mine?" I questioned. Luke had been outside my house before, but has never actually been inside so I was rather confused as to how he knew this.

"Well, one of them is open," He began, rocking back and forth on his heels. "I could hear Red Hot Chili Peppers coming through your window. I know you like them." He rubbed the back of his neck as he explained this, getting just a quick smile from me.

"Go around the other side." I told him. "Just use the front door."

"Won't your parents see me?" He asked. I simply rolled my eyes and left my window. I exited my room and headed towards my front door, unlocking it and opening it just as Luke walked around the corner.

"My dad isn't home." I informed him as he stopped walking just before coming inside.

He furrowed his eyebrows, "What about your mom?" He asked.

"My mom doesn't live with us." I told him, opening the door wider so he could come in.

He shoved his hands into the pockets of his sweatpants which hung low and loose on him. His t-shirt was just long enough to cover his waistband. His messy hair was opposite of the neat ponytail mine was in, but he looked more awake than me.

"Where's your dad?" He asked as I led him towards my room, my blanket still wrapped around my shoulders.

"Peru, currently. He's there for work," I said. I opened my door and went straight to my bed, sitting down and watching him examine my room.

"So you're home all alone?" He peered around my room, it wasn't very big but it have a lot of things.

"Yeah, well for the next week I am then he comes home for the weekend before leaving for another few weeks." I explained. He nodded as he sat down in the beanbag I had in the corner of my room that I've had since I was about 12.

"It must be great practically living by yourself." He chuckled, kicking his shoes off.

I wrapped my arms tighter around myself, "It's kinda weird. I'd prefer to live with my dad all the time, but what can I do."

"I'll live with you." He offered, getting me to roll my eyes at him again.

"That's a horrible idea," I said.

"What! Why?" He seemed offended by me telling him that two 17 years olds living together was a bad idea, buy I'm pretty sure he knew this was all playful.

"We'd probably burn down my house in the first week!" I replied, laughing at his distraught.

"I saw in the first month, maybe two." He joked.

I shook my head at him, our conversation stopping. The only thing being heard as of right now was the quiet playing of my music. I pulled my legs towards me and crossed them, trying to find a little bit more warmth.

"I can't believe you have a beanbag in your room." Luke suddenly spoke, tracing his fingers over the seams that kept it together.

"I can't believe you're sitting in it." I muttered, looking over at him. He was too tall for it, as really anyone was. It took a lot to stop myself from making fun of him at the moment.

He laughed, "Where else am I supposed to sit?" He asked.

"There's a giant floor, also a chair in the other corner. I also have a bed." I replied. He scoffed at me as he went through a small struggle to get out of the beanbag, earning a giggle from me.

"What's so funny?" He walked over to my bed and sat right next to me, bringing his knees to his chest.

"The fact that it's past midnight and you're in my room complaining about where you sit." I told him, glancing up at him.

"I'm not complaining." He pushed my side with his, nearly getting me to topple over since I had no way to balance myself.

"You're going to be complaining when I kick your ass to the floor." I shot back, raising my eyebrows at him.

"Are you cold?" He suddenly asked.

"What?" He had thrown me off guard and this seemed like the only thing I could reply with.

"Are you cold?" He repeated.

"I, um," I stammered. "Yeah, a little. It's always cold in here." I told him.

"Do you have another blanket?" He asked as he glanced around my bed.

"You can use the one I have." I shrugged, as I only had one.

"I don't want to take it from you." He frowned just a little from what I could tell. There wasn't much light except what came through my window and the lamp I had beside my bed.

"Sharing is caring." I laughed, offering him one side of my blanket, thankful that I had gotten the wrong sized bedding for my mattress.

"Andy Emerson, remind me why I'm friends with you." Luke sighed, scooting over to sit hip at hip with me.

"Because I'm your only friend that will cooperate in a blanket burrito," I said, instantly getting warmth just from his body heat as he leaned onto me.

My heart beat had picked up a little at this point. It was only a few hours ago when Luke had kissed me, but we both seemed to have brushed it off. We didn't act like it didn't happen, but we just chose to not make a big deal out of it. I didn't know what he thought, but it's practically all I've been thinking about since.

I jumped lightly at the contact of his arm falling over my leg. His elbow hit the front of my hip while his hand gripped over my knee. He was using me to pull himself closer to me so we had more blanket to share, but once he settled in his spot he hadn't moved his arm off of my leg.

"What time is it?" He asked, seeing that his phone was on the other side of the room.

I flipped my phone over from where I had it and unlocked it. "12:31." I told him, tossing it back where it was.

"Shit, you have like three tests tomorrow don't you?" He peered down at me as I nodded. "I didn't think this part through." He laughed, taking his hand off my leg and running it through his hair.

"It's okay, they're all during my later classes." I assured him as he let his hand weave its way back through the covers and rest back on my knee.

"Sorry, Sweets." He sighed, a smirk slowly appearing on his face.

"I told you not to call me that." I whined, hiding my face as I rested my forehead on his shoulder.

"It's funny when you get worked up over it." He replied as I picked my head up.

"No it's not." I shook my head and he shoved my leg once again.

"Yes it is." He teased.

I pushed him back, "No it's not!" I laughed. "It makes me sound like I'm 8!" I defended myself as he turned all the way towards me, now putting weight onto my knees so I couldn't move.

"Sweets, Sweets, Sweets." He repeated, now on his hands and knees, except his hands still remained gripped onto my legs.

I tried to pull back from him, "Okay, now you sound like you're 8." I told him. He took the advantage of my loss of balance and pushed me all the way back, nearly tackling me so I couldn't move under him.

"Luke!" I nearly squealed, trying to push him off of me but realizing he had pinned my arms to my side. "How did you do that?" I asked, looking up at his face that was inches from mine.

"I don't really know." He chuckled, letting go of my arms and bringing his hands to either side of my head.

I swallowed as I caught his eyes, but he quickly glanced away. I noticed how tensed my body had been and I relaxed under him even though there seemed to be anything but tension between us.

I took in a sharp breath as he leaned just the slightest bit more towards me. In the moment I was unsure of whether or not I wanted him to kiss me or not, it was almost strange having him come onto me without even speaking about whatever we had going on with us. It made too many questions run through my head for my liking.

I could feel his slow and shaky breathing on my lips and I knew he was hesitating. It was then when he turned his head and moved his head near my shoulder. I couldn't tell if I was relieved or disappointed, but either way I had moved my hand up to one of his shoulders to get his attention. He pulled his head back up and stared down at me, a sheepish look in his eyes.

"I'm sor-"

"Don't be sorry. It's alright, really." I cut him off before he could apologize as I knew he probably had a thousand thoughts going through his head about what could happen.

I knew Luke was still dealing with Kat and there was just something still there. I didn't want to become a rebound to him so I guessed that the best thing to do would let him have his fun, but stop him when it got too far. I still wasn't sure if Luke kissed me because it was in the moment or because he actually wanted to, and with what just happened it made things a little more difficult.

"Listen, Andy," He began with his voice soft, not moving from his spot above me. "You are so fucking pretty," He tucked a strand of hair that fell from my ponytail behind my ear as my cheeks burned red. "And you're practically a genius, God I love smart girls." He muttered the last part which made me unsure if he even meant to say it. "Anyways, I've known you for what? A month? And I can classify you and one of my best friends." He smiled down at me with a genuine look in his eyes. "It's probably weird and you're like 'Why is this dude on top of me saying nice things to me', but I just want you to know that you're one of the most genuine people I've ever met. And I like you for that." He ended his rambling with with a quick squeeze to my side, making me jump.

"I was hoping you were going to confess your undeniable love to me." I giggled, getting an unimpressed look from him. "Go on, I'm listening." I nodded my head at him, biting back my bottom lip to try to keep myself serious as I fought back my smile.

"God, I really want to kiss you just to shut you up." He grumbled, getting my breath to hitch. "You confuse me and you're the same yet complete opposite person as me. I thought that when I met you you were some badass, cigarette-smoking, party girl who could kick my ass in under 10 seconds." He confessed. It was the same exact way I saw him when we first met and it made me wonder what had been running through his head.

"Really?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"You are are a ball of fluff. You care about your friends and your grades and you know how to have a good time and you put up with my dumb ass jokes and you are the loveliest person." He went on saying these things about me, making my stomach knot and my cheeks flush.

"Luke-"

He cut me off, "I know I have some weird stuff going on in my life and I don't want to drag you-"

"Luke, shut up." I stopped his words and he gave me a confused look.

He shook his head lightly, "What?" He asked. I then brought my hands up to the collar of his shirt and his eyes widened.

"Oh my God," I rolled my eyes, tugging him down towards me to where our lips nearly met. "Just kiss me."

-

A/N:

OMFSJSKAKA

#stopluke2k14

ENJOY FAM :-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

555K 8.5K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
471K 14.3K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
627K 31.8K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
195K 4.1K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...