How Will I Know

By BubblySoccer

Elena Addams thought that a weekend in Las Vegas would take her mind off her recent break up. ft. Robin van P... More

Summary
Chapter One: Partying in Vegas
Chapter Two: Waking up in Vegas
Chapter Three: Unhelpful Friends
Chapter Four: Confirmations
Chapter Five: Traveling Home
Chapter Six: Back in London
Chapter Seven: Leaving the Past Behind
Chapter Eight: Dr. and Dr. Addams
Chapter Nine: Back to Work
Chapter Ten: Awkward Meetings
Chapter Eleven: Spending Time Together
Chapter Twelve: Thinking of the Future
Chapter Thirteen: Robin's Pain
Chapter Fourteen: The Battle Begins
Chapter Fifteen: Meeting the In-Laws
Chapter Sixteen: Birthday Surprise
Chapter Seventeen: A Life Changing Day
Chapter Eighteen: Time Spent Apart
Chapter Nineteen: Goodbye London
Chapter Twenty: Our New Home
Chapter Twenty-One: Lunch with Roxanne
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Welcome Party
Chapter Twenty-Three: Surprise Announcement
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Baby Scan
Chapter Twenty-Five: Elena's Doubts
Chapter Twenty-Six: Don't Mess with the Vidic
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Staying in Rotterdam
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Netherlands vs. Andorra
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Elena's Secret
Chapter Thirty: Talking with Roxanne
Chapter Thirty-One: Paging Dr. Evans
Chapter Thirty-Two: Something to Celebrate
Chapter Thirty-Three: Shocking Matters
Chapter Thirty-Four: The Truth Comes Out
Chapter Thirty-Five: Damage Control
Chapter Thirty-Six: Old Friends
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Baby Shower
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Christmas Shopping
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Deck the Halls
Chapter Forty: Suspicious Accidents
Chapter Forty-One: Coming Together
Chapter Forty-Two: Christmas Eve
Chapter Forty-Three: Welcome Christmas
Chapter Forty-Four: Back in Manchester
Chapter Forty-Five: Robin's Secret
Chapter Forty-Six: Auld Lang Syne
Chapter Forty-Seven: Coming to Visit
Chapter Forty-Eight: Being Put on Bed Rest
Chapter Forty-Nine: Happy Birthday Elena
Chapter Fifty: Good News and Bad
Chapter Fifty-One: Baby Names
Chapter Fifty-Two: Worrying Thoughts
Chapter Fifty-Three: Ewan's Revenge
Chapter Fifty-Four: Returning Home
Chapter Fifty-Five: Rash Decisions
Chapter Fifty-Six: Drastic Measures
Chapter Fifty-Seven: The Court Case
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Proving Innocence
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Unbreak My Heart
Chapter Sixty: Reconnecting
Chapter Sixty-One: It's Time
Chapter Sixty-Two: Arabella van Persie
Chapter Sixty-Three: Let's Get Organised
Chapter Sixty-Four: Coleen and Wayne's Baby Girl
Chapter Sixty-Six: The Bachelorette Party
Chapter Sixty-Seven: The Bachelor Party
Chapter Sixty-Eight: Spending the Night Apart
Chapter Sixty-Nine: The Big Day
Epilogue: Honeymoon with the Family

Chapter Sixty-Five: The Wedding Dress

1.3K 42 0
By BubblySoccer

Opening the front door to Lydia, Coleen and Roxanne, Elena glared at her best friend wondering why they had to leave so early to go dress shopping; she'd been up most of the night with Arabella and just wanted to go back to sleep. 

"Good morning, did you remember to put on nice underwear?" Lydia asked making Elena stare at her while Roxanne and Coleen laughed between themselves about the bluntness of the question. 

Rolling her eyes, Elena nodded as Robin appeared carrying Arabella down the stairs, since the women were all going dress shopping, the men were going to spend the day together with the children. 

"So what's the plan today?" Robin asked while Elena went to make sure that there was enough bottled milk for while she was out for the day; she didn't want Robin seeing the dress before their wedding day. 

It might have been silly but Elena was looking forward to seeing his face when she walked down the aisle; they hadn't had that moment and she was excited about it. 

"Wedding dress shopping, it's the last thing that we need to get before the wedding," Lydia revealed with a smile, there was only a month left until the wedding and everything had fallen into place; she was relieved that everything was nearly done. 

Elena took a deep breath as she returned, she was a little worried that she hadn't found a dress that she adored yet; they were slowly running out of time to find the perfect dress. 

"I'll see you later," Elena mumbled kissing Robin on the lips, her friends smiled as they looked at the couple; after everything that they had been through it was nice to see them still completely in love. 

No one had thought that this would work and with the final run down to the wedding happening, it was nice to see how relaxed Elena and Robin were about all of this.

Ushering Elena out of the house, Lydia knew that they needed to get a move on if they were going to find a dress in time; time was running out and they need to find the dress especially if it need any changes to it. 

Coleen followed them out of the door, her mobile in hand while she texted Wayne to make sure that he was okay with Kai and Julianna; she didn't want to leave him on his own with their children for too long. 

Moving to follow after the others, Roxanne found herself being stopped by Robin before she could leave the house; she gave him an odd look wondering what he wanted before he fished out his bank card and handed it to her. 

"Here's my bank card. Buy Lena a gorgeous dress, knowing her she'll tell you she doesn't want an expensive dress for the wedding. I don't care about the cost; I cheated her out of a wedding dress last time, I want her to have a dress that she loves this time. I'm counting on you to make sure it happens," Robin insisted knowing that he wanted her to have what she wanted. 

Roxanne smiled at him and slowly took the card, she put it quickly into her pocket so that she wouldn't lose it before Lydia called for her to hurry up; she couldn't believe how sweet Robin was being and she guessed that nearly losing Elena had changed him. 

Things had been so peaceful since he had come home and Arabella had been born, Roxanne could only hope that the wedding would now go off without a hitch. 

Roxanne stepped out of the house, she wondered briefly what dress Elena had worn for her first wedding to Robin; the brunette had never disclosed it and it made her curious, she made a mental note to ask her when she had the chance.

***

Stepping out of the changing room in the wedding dress shop, Elena frowned looking at her friends faces; she was wearing a white mermaid sweetheart court wedding dress and she felt so out of place in it. 

They had been to several bridal shops already and this was just another dress that Elena had been forced to try on, she didn't like the dress and she wasn't even sure what type of thing that she wanted. 

"Oh my God," Coleen said forcing a smile making Elena raise an eyebrow at her, it was lucky that she knew when her friend was lying and she wished that they would stop trying to appease her. 

Elena was sure that it was obvious that she didn't like this dress, she did a small twirl before looking at herself in the mirror; she could barely resist wrinkling her nose at her reflection. 

"It's okay... I don't like this dress," Elena reassured making her friends sigh in relief as they shook their heads; this wasn't the dress that Elena would wear on her wedding day and they were all still hopeful that she would find a dress here. 

Heading back into the changing room to change dresses, it didn't take Elena long before she reappeared wearing an ivory trumpet sweetheart neckline chapel-length wedding dress. 

"You look beautiful," Lydia murmured in admiration while Elena eyed herself in the mirror before shaking her head, she didn't like this dress enough to wear it on her wedding day. 

It was very much like the dress that Lydia had picked out for her wedding and Elena wanted something different; she wanted a dress that she would one day maybe pass down to Dina or Arabella to wear on their wedding day. 

 "It's nice... but not the dress I want to wear on my wedding day," Elena replied making Roxanne nod understandingly, she could remember her own wedding to Nemanja and how hard it had been to find the dress that she wanted to wear.

The next dress that Elena tried on an ivory A-line sweetheart sleeveless floor-length chapel ruffles wedding dress; stared at herself in the mirror for a moment while her friends watched her. 

"Nope," Elena announced shaking her head, she knew that she was probably annoying them but she wanted something perfect and none of the dresses seemed to be right for her in anyway. 

The fourth dress that she tried on was a champagne princess off-the-shoulder 3/4-length sleeves chapel tiered wedding dress; it felt heavy to move about in and Elena knew she would struggle on the day. 

Elena looked at her friends who shook their heads, the dress wasn't the style that suited Elena; even if she did look pretty in it, the brunette sighed as she headed back into the changing room, this was why she had put wedding dress shopping off. 

The next dress Elena tried on was a white trumpet high neck court wedding dress, her friends stared at the dress that she was wearing and shook their head. 

"It looks like a stripers outfit," Coleen said with distaste making Elena nod her head in agreement; she wondered if she'd ever find her perfect wedding dress before she walked back into the changing room. 

The next few hours were pretty much the same with Elena trying dress after dress in hopes of discovering the dress that she was going to wear on her wedding day; she was starting to lose hope at ever finding one. 

Sighing Elena stood in the changing room waiting for Lydia to pass her another dress to try on when Roxanne entered the changing room with the woman who was helping her try on the dress. 

"Close your eyes and don't peek," Roxanne insisted making Elena look at her confused before she complied, however she wasn't expecting Roxanne to tie something around her face so that she couldn't see.

"Okay... now trust me," Roxanne murmured before moving out of the way so that the woman could help Elena into a dress that Roxanne had chosen and not Lydia. 

The last few dresses had been horrible and Roxanne could see the look on Elena's face as she despaired over not being able to find her perfect wedding dress. 

A smile formed on Roxanne's face as Elena was dressed in the wedding dress that she had chosen before she slipped back out of the changing room and headed to sit with the others. 

Lydia frowned as she glared at Roxanne, she thought she had been doing well with the dress selection; she had been Elena's best friend for years and yet nothing she had given to her seemed to make her happy. 

Coleen gasped in delight when Elena stepped out of the changing room still blindfolded, the brunette didn't know what she was wearing but she had a good feeling that Coleen liked the dress that Roxanne had picked out. 

"You look beautiful Lena... this is it I can feel it," Coleen said excitedly looking over at Roxanne wondering how she had found this dress, she was so happy that she had and she was so sure that Elena would love it. 

Standing in front of the mirror, Elena couldn't help but touch the fabric of the dress, she couldn't see a thing and was so thankful to the woman that had helped her into the dress. 

"Can I take the blindfold off?" Elena asked making her friends smile at one another before they nodded at the woman to remove the blindfold; they were all excited to see what she thought of the dress. 

Blinking as her eyes adjusted to the light, Elena looked at herself in the mirror and swallowed as she trailed her hands over the dress as she admired herself. 

"What do you think?" Lydia asked while Roxanne grinned watching a smile form on Elena's face, she couldn't believe that she had found it; she was so happy for her friend and she knew Robin would love it as well. 

"This is it," Elena said softly turning to face her friends, the brunette couldn't believe that after all that searching and the hundreds of dresses that she had looked at that she had finally found her wedding dress.

***

Stepping back into her home, Elena paused at the silence that greeted her and she smiled to herself glad to see everything seemed to be intact; she had just dropped her dress off at Roxanne's and she was glad to have found it. 

There hadn't been many adjustments that needed to be done and Elena felt like a giant weight had been lifted from her shoulders; she was just happy that everything was finally falling into place before the wedding. 

Walking into the living room, Elena stopped at the silent of Robin curled up on the couch with Shaqueel and Dina where they had been watching a film; they were all sound asleep and they were adorable together. 

Gently picking up a blanket, she placed it over her husband and children; Elena didn't wish to wake them up and she couldn't resist taking a picture of them at that moment. 

Elena watched them for a moment before Arabella started to whimper in her Moses basket, she hurried to keep her daughter from waking the others; this really hadn't been what she had been expecting to come home to. 

Quietly leaving the living room, Elena whispered softly to Arabella trying to calm her; she padded into the kitchen knowing that it was time for a feed, she was glad to be home after the day she'd had. 

It had really worried her that she might not be able to find her dress, Elena hadn't known what she would do if she wouldn't have been able to find a dress that she loved. 

Elena was just glad that she wouldn't have to find out now that she had a wedding dress she adored.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 2.9K 24
"if you knew it was a bad idea, why'd you try?" "i don't always make good decisions."
10.2K 526 34
Vegas and June have known each other since freshman year of college. Which was a long time ago for them, two decades to be exact. And while Vegas has...
224K 6.2K 25
"I wanna go on a road trip. I want to sleep in crappy hotels. I want to sing along to happy songs while driving. I want to watch the sun rise in a di...
240K 3.5K 200
"If two hearts are meant to be together, no matter how long it takes, how far they go, how tough it seems, fate will bring them together to share the...