How Will I Know

By BubblySoccer

Elena Addams thought that a weekend in Las Vegas would take her mind off her recent break up. ft. Robin van P... More

Summary
Chapter One: Partying in Vegas
Chapter Two: Waking up in Vegas
Chapter Three: Unhelpful Friends
Chapter Four: Confirmations
Chapter Five: Traveling Home
Chapter Six: Back in London
Chapter Seven: Leaving the Past Behind
Chapter Eight: Dr. and Dr. Addams
Chapter Nine: Back to Work
Chapter Ten: Awkward Meetings
Chapter Eleven: Spending Time Together
Chapter Twelve: Thinking of the Future
Chapter Thirteen: Robin's Pain
Chapter Fourteen: The Battle Begins
Chapter Fifteen: Meeting the In-Laws
Chapter Sixteen: Birthday Surprise
Chapter Seventeen: A Life Changing Day
Chapter Eighteen: Time Spent Apart
Chapter Nineteen: Goodbye London
Chapter Twenty: Our New Home
Chapter Twenty-One: Lunch with Roxanne
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Welcome Party
Chapter Twenty-Three: Surprise Announcement
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Baby Scan
Chapter Twenty-Five: Elena's Doubts
Chapter Twenty-Six: Don't Mess with the Vidic
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Staying in Rotterdam
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Netherlands vs. Andorra
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Elena's Secret
Chapter Thirty: Talking with Roxanne
Chapter Thirty-One: Paging Dr. Evans
Chapter Thirty-Two: Something to Celebrate
Chapter Thirty-Three: Shocking Matters
Chapter Thirty-Four: The Truth Comes Out
Chapter Thirty-Five: Damage Control
Chapter Thirty-Six: Old Friends
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Baby Shower
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Christmas Shopping
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Deck the Halls
Chapter Forty: Suspicious Accidents
Chapter Forty-One: Coming Together
Chapter Forty-Two: Christmas Eve
Chapter Forty-Three: Welcome Christmas
Chapter Forty-Four: Back in Manchester
Chapter Forty-Five: Robin's Secret
Chapter Forty-Six: Auld Lang Syne
Chapter Forty-Seven: Coming to Visit
Chapter Forty-Eight: Being Put on Bed Rest
Chapter Forty-Nine: Happy Birthday Elena
Chapter Fifty: Good News and Bad
Chapter Fifty-One: Baby Names
Chapter Fifty-Two: Worrying Thoughts
Chapter Fifty-Three: Ewan's Revenge
Chapter Fifty-Four: Returning Home
Chapter Fifty-Five: Rash Decisions
Chapter Fifty-Six: Drastic Measures
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Proving Innocence
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Unbreak My Heart
Chapter Sixty: Reconnecting
Chapter Sixty-One: It's Time
Chapter Sixty-Two: Arabella van Persie
Chapter Sixty-Three: Let's Get Organised
Chapter Sixty-Four: Coleen and Wayne's Baby Girl
Chapter Sixty-Five: The Wedding Dress
Chapter Sixty-Six: The Bachelorette Party
Chapter Sixty-Seven: The Bachelor Party
Chapter Sixty-Eight: Spending the Night Apart
Chapter Sixty-Nine: The Big Day
Epilogue: Honeymoon with the Family

Chapter Fifty-Seven: The Court Case

1.4K 37 2
By BubblySoccer

Elena held Robin's hand listening intently to the beeping of the heart monitor, she couldn't believe that he had tried to take his life; she had felt sick when Nemanja had sat her down and told her what had happened. 

The last two weeks since Robin had attempted to take his life had been draining and Elena had forced herself to carry on, she knew that when Robin woke up that they'd have to talk. 

Wiping away a couple of her tears, Elena looked down at her husband knowing that she would have to leave to go to court soon; she wasn't looking forward to it but the sooner that the truth came out the better. 

"I love you Robin... I need you to wake up," Elena whimpered softly squeezing his hand, he felt so cold and it scared her that he wouldn't wake up; she had no idea what was going to happen if things stayed like this. 

Popping his head into the hospital room and Wayne offered her a sad smile, he hated to see them like this and felt horrible that he had to tell Elena that it was time to leave. 

Today was the first day of the inquiry and they had to be there to talk through the evidence that disproved Ewan's claims; they needed to get going and Robin would be fine here in the hospital. 

"Elena... we have to go," Wayne said softly making Elena nod watching at Robin, she wished she knew what had driven him to do such a thing; there had been dozens of letters written by Robin in the room where he'd tried to kill himself, all addressed to Elena about how much he loved her. 

"I'll be back later... hopefully your name will have been cleared," Elena said pressing a kiss to Robin's head before she stood and left the room knowing that she would do anything to have him back. 

Shaqueel and Dina had returned from Rotterdam since they were key parts of the evidence that stated that Robin hadn't attacked Ewan; it was going to be a long day for them all.

***

The court room was crowded as everyone gathered to prove that Robin and Nemanja were innocent; Bouchra was sat with Ewan and was glaring at Elena, who was sat with Shaqueel. 

"Please be standing for Judge Matthews," announced a voice making Elena sigh moving to her feet, the brunette was wearing a maternity slinky wrap skater dress with blouson sleeve since it was one of the more comfortable items that she owed that suited the occasion. 

Judge Matthews entered the room and nodded before he moved to his seat, once he was seated everyone else sat down; Robin's absence was already noted by the court due to him being in a coma in hospital. 

"We are here today for the assault case of Robin van Persie and Nemanja Vidic against Ewan McDonald," the judge announced looking at Nemanja and the two lawyers; Roxanne took Elena's hand in comfort, they hoped Robin's hospitalisation wouldn't cause more problems for the case. 

Nemanja's lawyer licked his lips as he moved towards the stand, it was important that this worked out well and he hoped to prove that Ewan was not of sound mind. 

"I'd like to call my first witness to the stand. Mrs. Elena van Persie," the lawyer said making Elena stare at him; Nemanja swallowed, he'd hoped that they'd leave Elena out of this since she was heavily pregnant but clearly that wasn't the case. 

Taking a deep breath, Elena looked at Roxanne who nodded at her as she silently asked her to look after Shaqueel while she took the stand to give evidence against the man that had practically ruined her life. 

Taking to the stand, Elena took a deep breath as the court official placed a bible in front of her, the brunette took a deep breath as she placed her left hand on it; she had no reason to lie and she was going to tell the complete truth.

"I do solemnly, sincerely and truly declare and affirm that the evidence I shall give shall be the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth," Elena repeated before she was allowed to sit down; she rested a hand on her stomach as she watched Nemanja's lawyer approach her. 

It had worried Elena that he had been informed by Robin's lawyer about the real reason behind her marriage to Robin, she really hoped that he was going to be discrete about it during this case. 

"Mrs. van Persie, you've been married to Robin for how long now?" the lawyer asked making Elena think back carefully as she worked out the dates, she was now thirty-two weeks pregnant and they had been married the same length of time. 

"About seven months," Elena answered making the lawyer nod as he leant against the counter between them, he seemed calm and it made the brunette less nervous about answering his questions. 

"In that time, had your husband ever shown violent tendencies towards others?" the lawyer asked making Elena shake her head, Robin wasn't the sort to ever be violent with anyone and she doubted that he even had that in him after everything that had happened. 

Elena tried to hold her nerve and not think about what Robin might be like when he woke from his coma, she wanted things to return to normal but she had no idea if that was what he would want as well. 

"Never... Robin's always been calm and collected," Elena said making the lawyer nod, he had called the brunette up as a character witness and hoped to show off that Robin and Nemanja weren't violent if the case didn't call for it. 

"And Mr. Vidic?" the lawyer asked making Elena swallow as she realised that she was under oath and couldn't lie to protect Nemanja, who offered her a small reassuring smile; there was no point in denying what had happened. 

Nemanja wasn't ashamed of what had happened, Ewan had attacked Roxanne and he wasn't ever going to let anyone get away with that; he would do anything to protect his wife and children.

"Not unless the case called for it," Elena admitted making Ewan's lawyer smirk, but Nemanja's lawyer remained calm as he looked at the brunette; he knew about what she was talking about and was glad she was being honest. 

They wanted everyone to see that Ewan wasn't right and they needed people to talk about his behaviour before any of this had taken place; he had been out of control before he had even returned to the police force. 

"Please do explain Mrs. van Persie," the lawyer encouraged Elena, who took a deep breath as she remembered the time that Ewan had tried to assault Roxanne; she really hoped that she wasn't about to make things worse. 

Roxanne chewed on her lip, she knew that Nemanja had a temper but he would never lash out like Ewan was accusing him of; he had done what he had to protect her and nothing more. 

"It was a small get together between us and some friends. Bouchra and Ewan invited themselves along, Roxanne headed to the bathroom and Ewan cornered her. I stumbled across them; Ewan was attempting to assault her... Nemanja helped throw him out of the house after he had punched Ewan," Elena revealed making the lawyer nod; the brunette could see Charles sat in the crowd nodding along to what she was saying. 

Elena brushed her fingers against her bump, she knew that all of this was because of Ewan and she wanted everyone to see that he was completely crazy. 

"Now this wasn't the first time that you'd seen Mr. McDonald act in such away was it Mrs. van Persie?" the lawyer asked making Elena nod her head in agreement, he had all the information that he needed to show that Ewan was a creep.

The two lawyers had been working so hard since the two men had been arrested, they were sure that the judge and jury would see that Ewan was mentally disturbed and needed to be taken in before he hurt anyone else or caused more harm. 

"It was just after I'd married Robin... the first time I'd met Ewan when he came with Bouchra to drop the children off with us, Ewan cornered me, trapped me against a wall and he told me that he'd be able to satisfy me better than Robin could... I don't know what he would have done if Robin hadn't of appeared when he did," Elena recalled making the lawyer nod understandingly, the brunette felt tears fill her eyes as she realised that without Robin, she'd be truly lost. 

Taking a deep breath, Elena noticed the angry look that a couple of the footballers were shooting Ewan; she wondered they would do if they weren't in court right now, she doubted that it would help them in anyway. 

"Thank you, Mrs. van Persie... no further questions," the lawyer said before he moved back to his seat, Ewan's lawyer pursed his lips before shaking his head indicating that he had no questions to ask Elena. 

Elena sighed in relief as she was allowed to return to her seat, she smiled at Roxanne, who gave her a small hug before Robin's lawyer stood; she was just glad that her part in all of this was over and that she could relax a little now. 

"I would like to call our next witnesses to the stand... Shaqueel van Persie and Kai Rooney," the lawyer announced making everyone fall silent as Elena looked down at Shaqueel, she wasn't sure what they hoped to achieve by calling Shaqueel and Kai to the stand. 

The judge nodded as Bouchra cried out in outrage of what was happening; whatever the defense lawyer had to say by using Shaqueel wasn't going to end well for Ewan or Bouchra.

"Now I just need you both to answer some questions... you have to be completely honest and you have to tell me and the court the truth," Robin's lawyer said making the two little boys' nod their heads. 

Elena and Coleen watched their sons as they wondered what they could gain from having them on the stand; Bouchra was pursing her lips having been told by the judge to shut up. 

"Okay... Shaqueel, Kai... can you both tell me what you did the 20th of January?" the lawyer asked making the little boys think carefully as he watched them; Coleen took Elena's hand, hoping that whatever the lawyer was doing was worth it. 

"We spent the day with Oma... since Mummy was on holiday with her friends since Daddy said she deserved a holiday," Shaqueel explained making the lawyer nod before Kai piped in. 

"We went and watched our daddies play football... then we went and had dinner with Ryan and Nem," Kai continued making the lawyer nod, the two were confirming Robin and Nemanja's alibies for the night of the act; Shaqueel frowned for a moment before looking at the lawyer. 

"Ewan followed us for a while... he looked like he wanted to speak with daddy but we were never alone," Shaqueel revealed making the lawyer raise an eyebrow while Ewan suddenly seemed uncomfortable as Kai nodded in agreement. 

"He looked angry, that he couldn't speak with daddy... but he always angry, especially when it comes to daddy and mummy; other mummy tells him he should be nice but he says that he wishes to make daddy pay but daddy hasn't bought anything from him," Shaqueel explained sounding confused as Ewan's lawyer jumped up and called objection which was quickly over ruled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.1K 1.2K 16
COMPLETED | She'll just be a perfect stranger to him
556 28 6
Starting off in a rough patch how will Natalie and Jane navigate their friendship and possible relationship in H-
60.3K 1.8K 35
Sometimes taking a risk is all that it takes to change your life forever ft. Sergio Agüero