The Potions Master's Daughter...

By pagesofmyheart

Jessica Wallwirt has lived with her mother for the past 11 years until one day her mother snaps and sends her... More

The Potions Master's Daughter
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49

Chapter 35

13.6K 425 119
By pagesofmyheart

When I woke up at 6 the next morning I felt refreshed after my long dreamless sleep. I swung my legs over the side of my bed and slipped into the bathroom. I came out a half an hour later fully dressed and clean. I had pulled my hair into a high bun to keep it out of my face.

I walked down to the common room and was surprised to see Harry sitting by himself in front of the fire deep in thought.

I went and sat next to him and said, "Hey. You feeling alright?"

He turned to face me and said, "Yeah I'm just thinking. I don't think any of you saw this but Snape had a huge cut on his leg when he came in late with Quirell."

I frowned slightly at how good Severus was at predicting what people would think and responded, "Yeah and what do you think about it?"

"I think he was trying to steal the stone but Quirell somehow stopped him."

My mouth opened slightly at this backwards thinking and covered it up by laughing and saying, "Do you really think Quirell can take Snape on in a duel and win?"

Harry shook his head and said, "That's the only thing I'm not sure about. I was thinking either they are in it together or Quirell just stopped him long enough that Snape had to get to the troll and avoid suspicion."

I nodded hesitantly and said, "But he's a teacher, he wouldn't want to steal the stone."

"Who's to say he doesn't want to?"

I shrugged and said, "Have you talked to Ron and Hermione about this yet?"

Harry nodded and said, "Ron agrees with me while Hermione was thinking along the same lines as you are. She doesn't think a Hogwarts teacher would try to steal the stone."

I replied, "We should tell someone. Maybe they can figure it out."

"I was going to ask Hagrid about it over the weekend," he said.

I nodded and hoped Hagrid could convince Harry that Severus wasn't trying to steal the stone.

For the next few minutes we sat there in silence wrapped up in our own thoughts. I heard footsteps on the stairs behind me and turned around to see a group of older girls.

I was about to turn around when I saw a familiar head of orange hair. Ron came over and sat next to me. A few seconds later Hermione came down carrying her book from D.A.D.A.

Harry Ron and I stood up and went over to her. I took her book and put it in the locker.

"Do you want to head down to breakfast? It'll start in about 10 minutes so we can eat early and finish our homework after we're done?" asked Hermione.

Ron chuckled and said, "Good old Hermione always thinking about homework even after a near death experience."

She glared at him before laughing along with him as Harry said, "I think that's a great idea Hermione let's go."

The four of us headed down the numerous staircases and into the Great Hall. We took four seats at the far end of the Gryffindor table and tucked into the food in front of us.

Once we were done eating half an hour later we headed up to the Gryffindor common room where most kids were still getting ready to go down and eat. Hermione and I rushed up to the girl's dorm to get our school work as Harry and Ron went up to the boy's dormitory.

When we all got back down Neville was following behind Ron and Harry.

"You feeling okay today Jessica?" he questioned as he made his way over to me and Hermione.

I smiled reassuringly and said, "Yeah I'm fine. Still a little shaken up but physically fine thanks."

He nodded and said, "That's good. Well I'm going down to breakfast I'll see you guys in Transfiguration."

"Bye," the four of us chorused.

Once he went through the portal the four of us got started on our homework. They filled me in on the homework from the classes I missed and we were done with only 10 minutes left to get to Transfiguration.

We quickly put all our books except for the Transfiguration book into the locker and dashed out the portal. We ran all the way to Transfiguration and were able to slip in with a minute to spare. We quietly took seats next to Seamus and Neville in the back.

"Thanks for saving us seats guys," Harry muttered.

McGonagall started her lesson for that day and once we were all working on the spell I got up and walked around to help.

Once that class was done we dragged ourselves to Potions. I was as worried about Potions that day as the rest of my friends were.

Once we got there we quietly took seat in the back. I was sure to sit in the row across from Blake. As we sat down I flashed him a quick smile which he returned just as quickly. I sat in the seat between Neville and Harry. To Harry's left were Hermione and Ron. After Neville was Seamus. A minute before class was about to start I looked up to see Draco walk into the classroom and look around nervously before taking a seat next to one of his friends in the back of the classroom.

Not long after he was seated my father strode into the classroom looking harassed. His hair was even messier than normal and the bag under his eyes were even darker than normal.

He walked up to the front of the class and I could see the surprise on everyone's face. Closing his eyes for a second he put a hand on his desk in an attempt to steady himself. No one else would have noticed this because he did it discretely.

"I want you all to all brew a blood replenishing potion. Madame Pomfrey needs more and I don't want to waste time doing it myself. This potion is exceptionally easy so they should all pass. After you have successfully brewed your potion and it is approved by me you may leave."

The shock on the face of every student in the class was evident after hearing this announcement. Normally the mean potions master made everyone stay late and all the sudden he was letting them go early. I knew he would probably pass every potion to get rid of everyone. I needed to know why he wanted the extra time and why he looked so tired.

"You may get your supplies from the back and begin."

At this everyone got up quickly in their haste to leave quickly. As most kids came back with their ingredients I was completing the first step in the book. I instructed Neville and Seamus to begin cutting up the standard ingredient as I stirred the potion thrice clockwise. I was almost done but I couldn't leave Neville and Seamus so I let it sit there for a few minutes off the heat. I helped them finish preparing their ingredients then instructed them on the first step.

I looked across the aisle to where all the Slytherins with the exception of Blake were struggling. They all kept looking up at Severus who was sitting at his desk looking down at a pile of papers. It looked like they were expecting him to help them like he normally did. I allowed myself a grin as I saw them all fail to follow the simple directions in the book.

I turned my attention back to Neville and Seamus as Hermione finished up her potion and helped Ron and Harry. Within a few minutes all four of them were done and we each put some in a vial with our name on it and walked up to Professor Snape's desk.

When he didn't look up as we approached I said, "We're done sir."

At this he finally looked up and I realized he looked even worse close up. He blinked a few times as I realized he probably zoned out while grading the papers in front of him.

"Yes of course," he said fumbling with his words, "They look fine please just put them in the cabinet where they usually go."

It took everything I had to refrain myself from asking him what was wrong right there but I didn't have to because Hermione surprised everyone by asking, "Are you feeling alright sir? We could go get Madame Pomfrey if you would like."

He looked up at her and failed to manage a sneer. Instead he just lowered his eyes to the ground surprising everyone even more.

Lowering his voice to barely above a whisper he said civilly, "No that is not necessary Miss Granger thank you though."

He looked up and tried at a smile and she returned it with a gentle smile as Harry, Ron, Neville and Seamus watched this exchange looking more and more surprised as it wore on.

Hermione nodded and said, "We'll take care of putting the potions away for you. If you want us to get Madame Pomfrey just ask."

He nodded and said softly, "That would be amazing thank you. Miss Wallwirt should know where everything goes."

I nodded to confirm his statement and the others nodded to show they would help as well.

We were about to walk to the back storage room when Severus said, "Miss Wallwirt could you go around and help everyone. Make sure even the Slytherins get it right so Madame Pomfrey can use them."

I smiled and said, "It's no problem at all sir."

We left Neville and Seamus at their seats to put everything away as Harry Ron Hermione and I walked into the storage room with potions in hand.

Once we were inside and safely out of earshot Ron said, "Wow what was that? He was actually being civil if not even nice."

Harry said, "Yeah he looks terrible though. If it was any other professor I would probably insist they go to Madame Pomfrey but I doubt Professor Snape would go and ask for help even if he really needed it."

I replied, "I think I'll stay until everyone is done like Professor Snape asked so no one really messes up. You guys can go up to the common room though, there's no need for you to stay now that you're done."

Ron said, "Okay sounds good. We'll help you put ours away then we'll leave you to help."

I smiled at him and said, "Cool thanks. They go right up there."

Once the potions were safely away we walked out of the storage room and back into the classroom. Ron Harry and Hermione went back to their seat and I cleaned up everyone's stations with a wave of my hand.

Ron Harry and Hermione walked out with Neville and Seamus while bidding me goodbye and good luck.

I went to the group of Gryffindor girls in front of us and helped them all to finish their potion. For the girl that had drugged Severus I was a bit rude but honestly she deserved it. Everyone had forgotten about it for the most part in the excitement of the troll but I still felt resentful towards the girl. Once they were done I took a deep breath and went over to the Slytherin side of the room. I picked out the row with the least annoying Slytherins and helped them all to finish their potion. Then I went to the row with Draco in it and spent a long time coaxing them into letting me help them. Soon enough they were done and brought their potions up to Severus.

I noticed with a smile that Draco made someone else bring up his potion as if he was scared of Severus. If I was on the end of his attacks I would be pretty scared of him too. Loudly they all filed out of the room chatting about how happy they were class ended half an hour early.

I looked around the room and saw it was a disaster area. With a few quick cleaning spells everything was put away and all the benches were tidied up. After I was done I approached Severus's desk and took the potions from in front of him. Carefully I put them all in the storage room and walked to the desk in front of the room again.

This time when I approached Severus raised his head slightly. I took a chair from one of the desk and sat in front of him.

"What's the matter?" I asked worriedly.

He shook his head, "Nothing I'm just tired."

I let out a short laugh and said, "Yeah right. What's the matter for real? Everyone picked up that you weren't yourself today."

He sat up a little taller and sighed, "I know they probably did but I don't care. You wanted me to be nicer anyways."

I smiled and said, "That's great that you're working on being nice and all but you are avoiding the question. What's the matter?"

He put his head in his hands and yawned, "I honestly am just tired. After I dropped you and Blake off I went to help Dumbledore and I think you'd be happy to know that your mother is in Azkaban. I oversaw her going there myself so I was up most of the night. Once I get some rest I'll be fine. Honestly."

"Okay promise me you'll go to bed right after your last class?" I paused then continued in a fruitless attempt, "Unless you'll let me take your classes so you can rest?"

He shook his head and said, "No I'll take a potion and I'll be fine the rest of the day. You worry too much."

I put my hands on my hips and said, "No I don't. Who's the one that stayed up the whole night overseeing the dementors put my mother in Azkaban?"

He spread his hands and said, "Yes but that had reason behind it."

In an accusatory tone I said, "Oh come on you knew the dementors would make sure she got there with no problem."

"I just wanted to make sure," he said quietly and I immediately felt bad.

I lowered my head and said, "Yeah I know I'm sorry."

"It's fine."

As he said this his hand went to his head and he let out a wince of pain. I quickly ran to the storage room for potions and pulled out one for helping headaches then grabbed one to keep you awake before grabbing one that was a basic painkiller.

I handed him the three bottles saying, "Here these should help."

He looked at the headache one and said, "I'm fine I don't have a headache."

I looked over at him not believing and said, "Yes you do. You just clutched your head. Take it, you'll feel better. That along with the other two should help enough for the rest of the day then you will be able to rest."

He took the other two potions like a shot and shook his head at the foul taste. He wouldn't take the third vial from me so I stood up.

"You need to take this. You obviously have a headache."

He shook his head saying, "No I don't I'm fine," in spite this he put a hand to his head quickly.

I could tell by the way he was looking at the potion that he wanted to take it. His stubborn personality wasn't letting him take it and admit he was in pain.

"I'll make you take it if I have too but I don't really want to. Just take it," I pleaded.

He let out a short laugh before putting his hand to his head again and saying, "Jessica I don't need it, I already am feeling better with the other two."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 57.8K 81
The Wizarding War had been won and professor McGonagall had filled the position of Headmistress of Hogwarts. Draco's father, Lucius Malfoy, had been...
82.9K 3.1K 40
[Book Six] It's back to Hogwarts for Jessica's last year. Her and her father have to deal with straddling the line between good and evil, while keepi...
15.3K 560 21
Sophia Taylor was just a normal girl at ten years old. One day, she was in her father's study and fell asleep. She woke up in a mysterious world. The...
23.5K 346 32
*COMPLETED* Aurora Snape, the daughter of Potions Professor, Severus Snape, goes to Hogwarts at 11 years old. During her time there she fall in love...