Time to Love (BTS & Red Velve...

By Blue-Piscean

I think we've fallen in love. Shall we start? We've waited so long for this time to love. Alternate Universe... More

Intro: 가자
ARC 1: The Artist and the Muse
Bellatrixia: I
Bellatrixia: II
Bellatrixia: III
Bellatrixia: IV (End)
Satangelique: II
Satangelique: III
Satangelique: IV (End)
ARC 2: Cliché
Lumirius: I
Lumirius: II
Lumirius: III (End)
Serene: I
Serene: II
Serene: III
Serene: IV (End)
ARC 3: Innuendo
Of Bars, Beers And Flirting

Satangelique: I

1.8K 43 15
By Blue-Piscean

Jungkook entered the classroom carrying a large easel and his tools for the figure drawing session which was organized by the Fine Arts College Student Council. It was once in a lifetime experience for Jungkook as it was really hard to enter such workshops, legally, if he might add. He was offered to apply for the workshop since he was one of the top students in his year, plus one  of his professors 'forced' him to go, saying he might be able to 'find the heart in his art'.

Yeah. Whatever that meant.

The room was arranged to accommodate the artists and their big art paraphernalia. They were positioned in a U-shape facing the front of the room where an elevated wooden plank was laid. There was also lone spotlight on the far corner of the plank that threw shadows on the other side of the room. Other than that the front part of the room was bare.

Jungkook chose a spot at the 5 o' clock position when facing the model. He took out his materials from his case and and placed it near his feet for a while, his sketchpad leaning on the easel he brought.

There were about 20 other students inside the room. Some decided to sit down while others stood up. The session will take about 3 hours to finish and Jungkook has made sure to eat a heavy meal before coming.

He did not know anyone else from the group so he sat there contemplating on the guidelines for the figure drawing class. Once more he was reminded of the fact that in a few minutes he's going to look at a naked body and try to draw it. Of course Jungkook wad well aware of this, however, he was more afraid of the reaction his body will have. He didn't want to sound like a pathetic man who would excuse his wrongdoings to animal instincts.

It is all about control.

And Jungkook had a lot of that, in fact he wanted everything in his life in control, that others asked him to let loose sometimes - especially his professors. Which brings him to figure drawing where he'll be given a few minutes to draw a person relying more on his instincts, capturing a person's energy in a minute, at a glance.

"Jungkook, it's when you you're given a short amount of time that's when you start to see what matters most." His professors kept reminding him.

Jungkook eased himself again, breathing from his nose and exhaling slowly on his mouth. He got his pad and placed it on his easel. The room was quiet already, everyone was focusing in their own worlds, already itching to lift a pencil.

The professor who will oversee the session entered the room, as well  student council president to give her opening remarks before they formally start.

"It was a pleasure to organize this event that was requested by both professors and students. Although it's still lacking because it's our first time doing it, it is decided that we will continue with this project." She smiled to the class, "I hope to see you again on our next figure drawing class."

The student council president then turned to her side and pointed to the professor who is sitting at the far corner of the room. "Ms. Kang will oversee your works today, she's teaching some subjects to the 3rd and 5th years so I'm not sure if you've meet her already. She'll roam around the room during class and give advice, but mostly she'll be commenting on your work."

Ms. Kang was a lean woman in her late 30s, she had long hair that goes up to her waist. She doesn't look her age and she would also usually wear clothing that are youthful and colorful. She's probably the only professor who could also get away with dyeing her hair orange.

She stood up when the president called her and gave an awkward wave around the room before sitting down again.

"So shall we start? I'm going to call our model for today to introduce herself, after that well proceed with the session."

A petite woman, wearing a loose white sleeveless dress walked up to the platform near the president. She bowed to the room and everyone, at least, lifted their butts from their chair and bowed back.

"Hi. I'm Kim Yerim of the drama department. I'm also a part time model and I have done some theatre productions. It's nice meeting you all and I hope that I'll be of great help today. Thank you." She bowed once again and when she lifted her head she had on one of the most beautiful smiles, one that, Jungkook noted, seemed to make her glow. The others seemed to notice as well because when she smiled there was an audible "ooh and hmm" around the room.

Yeri has fair skin, and round eyes although she was petite, she was not at all skinny. No one questioned that she was indeed beautiful. What caught Jungkook's attention however, was the way her expressions transitioned from one to another - but it quickly disappeared when he reminded himself that it's a figure drawing class and the face didn't matter as much as the body form should.

There was a collective silence when Yeri  bowed for the second time and the president walked away from the plank leaving Yeri alone. Yeri then went on the side shimmied out of the loose dress letting it pool on feet before she picked it up, folded it and placed it on a stool by the plank.

All the while the artists eyes were already on her.

She then repositioned herself in the middle of the room - bare and nude.

One two three. She seemed to be so light when she tiptoed to the center of the room, her body already beautifully hit by the ray of the spotlight to her side.

She then proceeded with her first pose, she stepped her foot foward and leaned to the side, stretching her right hand behind her and her left hand bent on her waist.

It was a subtle change, but Yeri had a really good proportion, and her body curve was accentuated by the pose she held.

The artists picked up their pencils and started to draw. Jungkook was mesmerized for a second then went on to draw her on his pad.

Click. A minute has passed and the model changed her pose.

Internally, Jungkook was frustrated. He wanted to give detail but there was only a minute to draw.

Brevity is the soul of wit.

His literature professor always said. "If you can do it in a sentence why give me a paragraph Jungkook?" He always wanted to take his time. But now he's given none. So he drew, sketched and looked at his model.

Really look at her.

The way the lights produced shadows to her body.

The way she stretched her arm.

The way she balanced on her feet.

The way she bent her neck.

The way her eyes blinked almost in rhythm with his strokes.

It was all beautiful. And Jungkook wanted more time with her.

Click. She gave another pose.

She transitioned again and her body changed. She faced the back and hooked her left arm to her right on her back while turning her head to the side and with that change so did her expression.

Jungkook cannot help but want to focus on her face and how the lights danced in her eyes. But he mentally smacked himself, he's betraying the purpose of the session.

So then after several poses were made, Jungkook's hands were now clammy. He had the urge to add details but he stopped himself instead and immersed himself into looking at her form and that's when it hit her.

Jungkook produced a muffled squeal which earned him a few dirty looks from the other artists. But he was too immersed in his idea to notice.

So with a new found motivation he looked at Yeri again only to find that she changed her position again and she's facing the front already, one eyebrow raised while looking at him directly.

《------------ 》

I feel like this plot can be used for a longer story.

This is my first author's note in this book.

Truthfully I haven't written anything except when asked in class, so my writing is really in the process of finding its direction.

But I think there is a story that gets to you or that you'll go back to. Or maybe the words struck a chord in you. And if that happens I'll be glad.

Btw. What do you think of the story so far?

What kind of stories do you want to read that are rarely written?

- Divs 🍀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.8K 2.6K 60
You are the cause of my euphoria.
45.1K 1.8K 30
Because of a dare, Yoongi was forced to make Wendy, a chubby girl with golden heart fall inlove with him, not realizing that she was his first love...
72.1K 2.7K 23
A story in which Seulgi is betrayed by every man in her life until she meets Jimin. That is until the cycle repeats... Side Pairing: WenGa, little Vr...
98.6K 3.3K 54
jungkookie: @yerimitle I found you. ©lureevri 2018 [ completed ] jungri fanfic | instagram format started: 14.O7.18 ended: O1.O9.18