DID YOU EVER(arranged marriag...

By littlemissmylls

*****REWRITTEN****** Meet Anthony Ferdinand Ramirez,a business tycoon and a man with the weight of a thriving... More

FLASHBACK
CHAPTER l
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER * 3
CHAPTER * 4
CHAPTER *5
CHAPTER *6
CHAPTER * 7
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
IMPORTANT
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39

Chapter 8

12K 236 8
By littlemissmylls

Anthony's POV
"Tacky, extremely tacky. Is this the best we've got, Mrs Potter?'' I asked her and flipped through the files on my table one after the other.

"Well this is the fourteenth design you've rejected, of course, your designers will get desperate and try anything at this point since you don't give them ample time to come up with something unique'' she told me and gave me an amused grin. I glanced up at her from my glasses and looked away.

"Why are you looking at me like that, Mrs Potter?'' I asked her and placed the file I was holding on to the others. I crossed my arms and leaned back in my swivel seat. My day was already as tiring as it is.

Melissa was out dilly-dallying with her friends and I was stuck here going through the legal documents of her broke company. I'm still wondering how that company managed to thrive on bare cents.

"You look more pressed than usual. Is it cause you're a husband now my dear Anthony?'' She asked me and I groaned inwardly.

''Look at you, it was just a while ago you were a wee lad running around this very room worrying that you won't be able to meet up to your father's expectations. Now look at you.....all successful and even married.'' She told me with a happy look on her face. I inwardly groaned, took off my glasses and ran my hands down my face. I was in no mood to deal with her sentimental feelings.

Rachel has been blowing up my phone since the day I signed the wedding contracts. She was pissed and well she had every right to be. I told her it was best we talk about it all face to face but that only seemed to piss her off even more. If the schedule she sent me was accurate, she was having her photo shoot today and then her surgery was tomorrow.

This would be her fourth surgery on her facial features. It's not like I had a problem her having surgeries or anything, I mean it's her life and as long as she felt okay with it I was ready to support her.

But at times I wished she'd believe my words when I tell her that she's perfect just the way she is instead of trusting those agents of hers and giving into the pressure of fitting into the so called beauty standards of the modeling agency. Strict diets, surgeries and all that just because some judgmental people have their own biased view of what they think beauty is.

If only she'd listen then she wouldn't be looking like a different person every time.

Despite coming to an agreement that we were going to talk about this face to face she still kept on blowing up my phone with calls and texts, cursing at me with every opportunity she got.

'' The meeting is next week Friday, I hope you're ready for it. You know how important this is to the company'' she said and placed her hands behind her back.

''How could I forget?'' I groaned and rubbed my temple. There were so many things going on in my life simultaneously but that dreaded interview with that jackass next week Friday was something I could never forget. To be honest I wish I could end that stupid tradition with Endeavor Motors where we had to collaborate on a project of their choosing. I still had no idea how this collaboration came about but my dad was very insistent that I keep it going.

Endeavor Motors has quite the reputation for shady deals despite their international and national success. The CEO Walter McBridge was hardly an acquaintance of my dad's, which is why I was confused when he told me about this weird tradition. In my opinion, anything concerning McBridge was bad news and I wanted nothing to do with them. Especially now when his son, Chase McBridge was about to inherit the company.

"You know how this is important to your dad. I'm sure he'll call you to give you a whole lecture on it.''

"I already know what I need to know about this whole thing, a lecture isn't needed. One thing I can't seem to comprehend is why they get the larger profit in all of this. Isn't this something we should change?'' I asked her and tapped my pen on the desk.

"If you ask me, Anthony I'm sure your dad had his reasons for accepting such terms''

"Well he's no longer in charge, I am. And I will not allow such atrocity to go on any longer. If I'm doing this we might as well get equal profit'' I stated firmly.

"I still don't think_''

"With all due respect Mrs. Potter, this isn't about what you think. I'm doing what's best for the company and the money we worked hard to earn. Now if you'd excuse me I have a lot of work to do seeing our designers are incompetent.'' I cut her off and looked back into the files I was working on earlier.

I heard her sigh and after a few minutes, I heard the door shut. Letting out a deep breath I dropped my head back on the headrest and closed my eyes. I needed a break but I had so much work to do. Scanning through the documents on my laptop, I clicked on the ROSS PIN LMT employees file and Melissa's profile was the first to appear.

There was a picture of her from a year ago and well she did look the same, I mean it's just been a year I doubt there'd be any significant changes. Looking through her qualifications, despite her being homeschooled all her life she managed to get excellent grades but attended a rather lousy university. Probably because of their money situation.

I hired a private investigator to do a bit of background search on her and with the information received, I kind of felt really bad for her.

Apparently, the Ross' was a family of four. Her dad, Alfred Ross, her mom, Cynthia Ross, her and her little brother Roland Ross. On the 6th of September, they were involved in a car accident that ended the life of her brother and her mom. Mr Ross ended up with life-threatening injuries but he managed to make it out alive, not entirely unscathed though. He developed trauma after losing his wife and child and it seems Melissa was kept away from him for a while for her own safety as her dad blamed her for the death of his wife and son for some reason.

When he was finally medically cleared, he gave his all into his work but his absence had caused a series of fund embezzlement and fraud within the company. He then decided to home-school his daughter and train her to take over the company with an iron fist. Her involvement in the company a few years ago turned the tables for ROSS PIN LMT but due to the insufficient funds the profit gained was rather measly. I guess that's why her dad sold the company off on those terms. He cared about his establishment more than the happiness of his own daughter and I could relate to that sadly.

It's not like my whole idea of her has suddenly changed just because she had a horrible past, there was no doubt about it that she was married into my family for the money. But I wish I could make her life less painful, I am only trying to be a good person nothing more.

One thing I did admire was her strength to go on smiling even after all this. I mean who knows what happened to her, locked in that house with a man who they had to keep her away from.

That was why I gave her the card to go shopping. Like I said before I do love my money and as hard as it was to earn it, I wouldn't want to use it on anything stupid. But I doubt Melissa has ever had a chance to get the things she wanted. When she got excited over a box of cereal, I felt a pang deep down in me. It was like watching a child get excited over a new toy. Her genuine smile was quite beautiful and it got me wishing to see it again and not the empty look she always has on all the time.

Remembering how she cried on my shoulder in the club only to ask me if she could nibble on my cheeks, I can conclude that she's quite a weird person. I mean which kind of bipolar shit is that. And how she snuggled on my hand as soon as I caught her head from hitting the bar table. I chuckled at the memory of that. She wouldn't back down, drink after drink knowing very well that her alcohol tolerance was low.

It was quite funny though except for the part where I had to take her home and she ended up dancing to ''ay macarena'' in the front seat of my car and then tried to imitate Michael Jackson's moves as well. I can conclude that ended up with her jabbing her elbow in my face and almost jeering the car toward a billboard. I had to strap her down and convince her Santa wouldn't give her gifts if she was to keep up with it.

She's a child in a grown body. A heavy grown body for that matter. Carrying her upstairs was a real pain that night and she started kicking around out of nowhere. Getting her to sleep was no problem at all. At the sight of my bed, she kicked her shoes across the room, as well as her coat and crawled right into it. After mumbling some incoherent words she soon fell asleep.

I stared at her with a mix of emotions, a bit of anger, amusement and bewilderment. Tucking her into the sheets, I turned to look at her face illuminated in the moonlight. I reached to brush a strand of her hair from her face but hesitated as soon I touched her hair.

''You have a girlfriend, Anthony'' I whispered to myself.

''One that doesn't care about you. You know she had sex with Chase McBridge, how can you still be faithful to such a person?'' My subconscious flared back.

I ran my hand down my face and plopped on the couch at the other side of the room. ''I guess I'll be here'' I muttered to myself and made myself comfortable.

''Why am I still with Rachel?'' I thought and placed my head on the hand rest in a comfortable position. ''She has cheated on me a couple times with Chase and that other producer she met in Greece and she still has no idea that I know about that affair and how she suddenly rose to number 1 in his ranking for the best 10 models of the year. Am I still with her because I feel attached in a way, we've been together for 4 years now and things weren't like this at the beginning, yes she was self absorbed at some point and yes she can get selfish but there was also this part that not everyone saw but me.....or did I make those parts up?'' I sighed and looked over at the lady in my bed.

I couldn't help but feel guilty.

I closed my eyes tightly and wished things would get better.

                             *

''Here's your card, thank you so much. I had fun today. I hope your day went well as well'' she handed me my card and asked as soon as I sat on the couch. Loosening my tie, I let out a deep breathe and turned to look at her. Her hair was in a messy bun and she was in casual shorts and a T-shirt.

''My day was okay....the usual tiring ass work'' I grumbled and kicked my shoes off my feet.

''Well if it'll make you feel better, Genny and I made dinner. Well mostly Genny cause I was anxious about how you want your meals seasoned. You hungry?'' She asked me and I rose to my feet. I was honestly starving but I was so fixed on work that I hadn't realized it. She led me to the dining hall and I was glad to chicken on the table most of all.

I took a seat on one of the seats and as I got ready to dig in I realized Melissa had turned to leave.

''And where are you off to so fast, Bambi?'' I asked her and she turned to face me quickly almost as if she was caught stealing or something.

''Oh I.....I was heading to my room, I have to go over some stuff for work tomorrow''

''That can wait, please join me for dinner. There's a lot of food to go round'' I told her and grabbed the plate of fried chicken. She gave me a nervous smile and sat at the opposite side of me on the table. I gave her an amused look and teased,'' Are you scared of me or something? I promise I won't bite.........for now''

She chuckled nervously and got herself a plate.'' I'm not scared or anything. It's just that.....well it's been years since I've shared a dinner. And by years I mean when my mom and brother were alive. After their death, my dad changed and well we didn't sit together for dinner anymore. It's just weird now'' she confessed and I was taken back by her words.

''Oh I'm sorry then, if it makes you uncomfortable then you can_''

''No, I'm fine!'' she exclaimed and looked down at her plate. "I'm fine, this is nice. Thank you, Anthony''

"Why don't we do this often then? Share a meal, I mean. If it makes you happy that is'' I asked her and she squirmed in her seat. I only wish wasn't making her really uncomfortable.

"Sure, I would like that''

Thank you for reading

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 721 28
Genevieve Hanover had no idea that there was more to her husband's mysteriousness and discretion. In fact, it is a lot more that she could have possi...
251K 11.6K 63
"At this point, I'll be grateful for your pieces." ***** Jessica Franklin is at her wit ends, literally. With two sist...
504K 17.5K 34
"Desperate people are the most dangerous." Miracle Hope Carson has nothing more to ask for her life. She may be a nut-head, anti-social potato and wi...
242K 4.3K 51
Blaire Rose Anderson Daughter of the CEO of Anders &Co industry, has a heart of gold. She is swéet to everyone even after the death of her mother in...