CHAPTER 12

Sitting at the opposite side of him at the dinner table, I looked at the food on the plate that he had insisted on cooking and gave him a coy expression.

He looked at me with disbelief and dropped his fork on his plates.

"What?!'' he exclaimed and gave me an exasperated look.

I tried to stifle a laugh only to fail miserably and let out a heartbreaking snort.

Genny had called in sick so there was no food waiting at home and when I volunteered to spiff up something, he swooped in like some hero and insisted on taking care of this evening's dinner.

I protested but there was no backing down on his part thus I was forced to endure the horrible scents and clanking that erupted in the kitchen for 4 whole hours.

And sadly, I can fool others with lies but never with my facial expressions.

"I'm sorry Anthony, but believe me I am in no way trying to laugh at the scary looking meal in front of me. I'm just worried I might choke and die on the wonderful burst of flavors this meal will give to my taste buds'' I ended my words with a chuckle and watched with amusement as he rubbed his temples in frustration.

'"Have you even tasted the meal, Melissa?''' he asked me and raised his brow at me questionably. I gave in and took the fork from the side of the table.

Staring at the family crest designed on the fork I couldn't help but wonder how wealthy this family actually was and I was pretty sure I was only aware of quarter of everything.

I looked back at Anthony and his eyes were focused on me ushering me to take a bite of the scary looking lasagna on my plate.

Taking deep breathes, I cut a piece on the fork and raised it up for him to see. I then took on deep breathes and stuck the food in my mouth to avoid double thinking about that decision.

A decision I would soon regret.

"So....how is it?'' he asked me and despite me trying to control my facial expressions and pretend I was enjoying what was in my mouth, my left eye squinted and my nose twitched.

"Yes, it's uhhh goood'' I struggled to say with the food in my mouth ready to be trashed in the toilet where it rightfully belonged.

"Okay you can be honest with me, I never paid attention in my mama's lasagna class'' he admitted and I quickly grabbed the nearest tissue to spit that toxin straight in.

"I am never eating anything you cook, ever again!'' I exclaimed right after and grabbed another tissue to wipe my tongue hoping my taste buds made it out alive.

"Just my lasagna, just my lasagna!!'' He defended and I gawked at him. He burst out laughing and got out of his seat to take my plate.

As soon as I realized what his intentions were, I was quick to grab it. I gave him a smile, subtly hinting on the fact I still found his lasagna to be awful and grabbed his plate as well.

He decided to follow me to the kitchen and watched sorrowfully as I disposed his ever so wonderful creation.

Looking at the condition of the kitchen, I glanced at him and he only rubbed the back of his head giving me a guilty smile.

''Why don't we clean this up after figuring out what to eat? I'm ready to eat anything at this point cause sooomeone made me wait 4 hours on some deluxe lasagna surprise only for it to be the beeest thing I had ever eaten. Oh the flavor, the texture, everything was just sooo divine'' I teased and leaned on the counter.