CHAPTER 34

Susan POV

I hated it. I hated every bit of it.

I knew I wasn't going to like the truth but it was an even bitter pill for me to swallow.

I couldn't bring myself to hate Melissa but at that moment she wasn't someone I liked.

Why her? What did she have that I didn't?

''Okay so the next shoot is a bit more sensitive than the rest we've ever taken so far. Will you be alright with that?" Nicholas asked me and handed me a bag with some clothes inside. I peeped into the bag and saw three sets of lingerie in there. Looking up at him, I nodded and remarked.

''You don't need to ask me about these things, I'm a professional. Just tell me what to do and I'll do it'' With that I gave him a faint smile and tried to make way to the changing room inside his studio.

It was quite a small place but nevertheless one of the most artistic places I had ever been to. Relics nd painting adorned the place along with a wall strewn with all photographs he had taken.

Some of the photographs had to do with inanimate objects but most were nature oriented. Trees, snow, animals, the sunset and among all those there was one picture hidden among the gems he displayed proudly.

A woman by the beach, blonde hair, bright blue eyes and smile on her sun kissed face.

I wanted to hate that picture of myself because I ended up getting pissed off that smile that was on my face. So wide, so deceiving, so fake. The real me was miserable, the real me was tired and the real me felt like she'd be in the shadows all her life.

That picture depicted what I had wanted my life to be. Alas, it was a mere depiction. I had to face reality, I was a long way from getting the life I truly want and deserve. 

But I was ready to wallow through the muck just for it.

He stopped me in my tracks and I looked at him confusingly and his dark green gems met mine.

''I will never doubt your professionalism, Susan. But even in instances like this, consent must be sought. Don't let anyone deprive you of your right to make your own choices.'' He firmly told me and my brows scrunched.

''If only there were more people like you,'' I chuckled and then took his hand off my shoulder.

I proceeded to walk away reminiscing how I was forced to do shoots I wasn't comfortable with. Their lustful gazes and disrespectful chatter still haunts me occasionally.

''Don't worry, Cole. I'm perfectly fine. Just make sure you get my good side'' I half yelled at him before disappearing into the changing room.

*

''What's the matter, Cole? You liking what you see?" I asked as I crossed me legs, my body arched on the arms of the one seater.

''Don't get ahead of yourself, Susan. I'm just adjusting the lightening'' He shot back at me monotonously but I could tell he was a bit flustered due to how his hands shook a bit whilst taking pictures compared to times to times I was fully clothed.

He was new to photographing such things and I doubt he would have never seen this through if it wasn't a requirement. Yet he was doing a great job and I give him morsel of credit for that.

After a few more shots, we were finally done and I sighed in relief. Half naked shots weren't really my specialty because of the perverts that filled the halls of Germaine's office building. I could hear them whispering profanities and they always made me sick to my stomach.