Time to Love (BTS & Red Velve...

By Blue-Piscean

I think we've fallen in love. Shall we start? We've waited so long for this time to love. Alternate Universe... More

Intro: 가자
ARC 1: The Artist and the Muse
Bellatrixia: I
Bellatrixia: II
Bellatrixia: III
Satangelique: I
Satangelique: II
Satangelique: III
Satangelique: IV (End)
ARC 2: Cliché
Lumirius: I
Lumirius: II
Lumirius: III (End)
Serene: I
Serene: II
Serene: III
Serene: IV (End)
ARC 3: Innuendo
Of Bars, Beers And Flirting

Bellatrixia: IV (End)

1.4K 52 10
By Blue-Piscean

The next morning started off on the wrong side of the bed for Joohyun. There were a lot of reasons why she did so, but she was all too aware of the main reason she was in a sourly mood:  Kim Taehyung.

She never had any qualms of meeting him again, that was when they would usually meet briefly in events where they were both invited. Other than that, both have kept their distance from one another, not because they hated each other - no, they are far from that - but because the cause of the break up was to discover oneself as a separate being from the other.

Maybe it was because they were too young and unsure of a lot of things or it was probably because they both felt insecure of their place in each other's life - regardless it was a mutual agreement to end the relationship.

Break ups that ended because one wanted to find themselves probably has the implied thought: "Will you still be there when I have finally found myself?"

For Joohyun and Taehyung the feelings remained and yet they have forgotten. They remembered how they felt, but they have forgotten how they came to be.

They were so sure of their answers now, that they are forced into not doing anything because they're afraid to lose that person again.

That certainty left them stationary.

And both are now stuck on an impasse of how and when to start again.

With a huff Joohyun decided to move and started to stretch to get ready for the day. She got her Bluetooth speaker and started to choose songs and created a playlist. Then from her luggage she pulled out a purple yoga mat and laid on it while staring at the hotel ceiling.

About three songs have passed already and when the fourth one played with 'Can't Feel my Face by The Weekend' a knock was heard and the muffled voice of her manager reached her ears. She immediately paused the music and answered with,

"Ne? 잠깐만." Yes? Wait a second.

She immediately ran to the door and opened it halfway revealing her female manager who handed her the schedule for the day of the shoot.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes. I just wanted to sweat a bit and then take a shower." Joohyun then peeked at the paper given to her.

♤♡◇♧

8:00 - Breakfast Buffet @ the hotel restaurant

9:00 - 10:00 - Fitting and styling, hair and make up

10:00

Group 1 ( Group shoot): Joohyun, Ailee, Moonbyul, Seulgi

Group 2 (Behind the scenes/interview): IU, Yeri, Lee Hi, Su-Hyun

Group 3 (Group Shots): Wendy, Joy, Solar, Amber

12:00 Break

1:30- 2:30 Fitting styling, Hair and Make up

3:00 (solo) Joohyun Lagoon shoot

5:00 (Group) Everyone - Sunset shoot

♤♡◇♧

"You'll be shooting for the whole day."

"It's fine. I'm just glad the schedule worked out for me." She bit her lip and pondered for her next request, "Unnie, will you be able to fetch me some supplements before the shoot started. I forgot to bring my stash. I don't think I'll be able to eat a lot during breaks as well."

"Sure. I'll go check the nearest mart or maybe a hotel staff knows where we can buy one. Just don't overwork yourself okay? At least eat something for breakfast."

Joohyun kept on nodding, "Ne. I got it. Thanks unnie."

"Oh by the way Joohyun, Taehyung told me that if you can review the pegs for the shoot he'll be waiting at the suite room."

"Ne. I'll go there before breaksfast. Thanks again unnie."

Her manager waved at her and closed the door. Joohyun then immediately got a towel and went to the bathroom.

After taking a shower and putting on the most comfortable clothing from her luggage she went to the suite room. She found the door ajar and so she went inside after softly knocking twice which both received no response. When she entered the threshold, she saw Taehyung hunched over the small table in front of the sofa with papers laid out in front of him.

"Hey."

Taehyung jolted and placed a hand on his heart. Surprised to hear another voice inside of him in the room. A woman's voice at that.

"You scared me!"

Joohyun laughed at his face. "That was unintentional. But you should have seen your face." Joohyun then cleared her throat, going back to the professional side of her, "Manager-nim told me that we will review the pegs for my shoot."

"Ah. That. Yes." Taehyung now had a far away look in his face which confused Joohyun. He was the one who had the idea why is he acting strange now.

"I mean, yes. Here's the pegs for your shoot. Although I have sent it to you already. And I'm quite sure you have reviewed it yourself. What are your thoughts about it?"

Taehyung then walked towards the fridge and got something from it while Joohyun sat on the couch in front of the table.

"I thought it was all lovely. It'll be more beautiful with the lagoon shoot."

"Yeah. It'll be." Joohyun then looked up at Taehyung her eyebrows scrunched, not knowing why Taehyung seems out of it.

"Ah. And here. I got you pumpkin juice, you bloat a lot in the morning and I know you don't really like to eat before the shoot, so I bought this for you."

Joohyun eyed him.

What is he being so nervous for? Is this really why he asked her to be here?

But she can't help but feel elated despite herself. So she gladly got the sachet of pumpkin juice and tore at the side before fully consuming it.

"Thanks Tae."

"No problem."

He walked towards her and proceeded to sit beside her on the couch.

Joohyun can faintly smell his perfume, and it has always been that smell that greatly reminds her of him.

"I checked the lagoon on the first day, it's water is not too deep, I hope that's okay with you."

"Yeah. That's fine. Thank for always thinking about my safety. Plus, you're there, I'm gonna be fine."

"Of course , I care what happens especially to you."

Taehyung snapped his head towards the woman beside him, at the same time Joohyun looked back at him, suddenly realizing what he just said. It was the first time she had openly said that she is comfortable and secured with his presence, again.

Taehyung's gaze kept searching her eyes and she did the same, trying search for something, anything, that would make the other recognize. Taehyung leaned in, their noses almost touching, and if one had just decided to pout, their lips would touch.

But no one did.

Joohyun, flustered and heated got up from the couch knocking her knee on the side of the table and briskly let out a, "Ihavetogo." Without looking back. If she just did, she would have seen Taehyung's defeated gaze.

▪▪▪ ○ ▪▪▪

Later that day, Joohyun immersed herself with work. She has meet the other models. Ailee a businesswoman in her early 30's, Seulgi is an athlete who represented Korea in the recent Olympics  and Moonbyul is a queer who is currenlty studying law.

Joohyun was amazed by their stories and they were equally enamored by her. They decide to exchange numbers and stay in contact.

It was not until her solo shoot that she was whipped back to the reality that she has feelings for the photographer behind the camera lens.

"I must say, the photographer is a cutie."

"A total hottie."

"I agree. He's not the only one though." Moonbyul said with a pointed look at Seulgi.

Joohyun smiled at that. She cannot, however, take away the tension she felt with Taehyung awhile ago where she ran off like some buffoon. She was just too surprised by his sudden bravado that she was taken aback or was it she didn't know if she could take him seriously.

After the end of the first shoot, Joohyun was ushered towards a tent near the beach where they retouched her make up and did her hair. She had a barely there make up which took longer than she thought would be possible. Her hair was done messily with long strands falling on her forehead and at the sides of her face.

She wore an off shoulder one piece with strings in front that should be ribboned to keep the bust area intact. It was a beautiful in an emerald green color. Stylists flocked at her, brushing at a strand of hair that seemed to be in place, retouching some of her natural make up, or adjusting the swimsuit to make her feel comfortable. She was standing near the entrance of the tent to give space at the back for those who will just get their make up done.

Taehyung suddenly bursted inside the tent nonchalantly when Joohyun turned to him and they were face to face yet again with each other.

"Models re-"

He was about to shout to notify that he'll be shooting now but instead he was face to face with Joohyun who looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"You..uh. That's looks really nice, no, you look stunning." Taehyung visibly gulped and stepped back.

Joohyun who was  still gaping at the man blushed furiously, her blood seemingly flowing to her face only.

"Thank you."

"You ready to shoot?"

"Yeah."

"가자!" And Taehyung half dragged and half walked her to the shoot location. One second he was an inexperienced teenage boy and the next he's a gentleman who'll sweep you off your feet and give you the warmest butterflies.

They arrived at a beautiful part of the island with sapphire blue waters and caves on the side of the rock formations. The water was so clear that you can clearly see your feet from above the water. It was a beautiful lagoon that overlooked a beautiful view of the sunset.

Joohyun looked around for her manager and asked for her phone which she was given immediately. She gave herself five minutes to take pictures and admire her surroundings.

"Hyun-ah, are you ready? We can take some pictures here on the sand and then we'll take some inside the cave."

How can he be so unfair, calling me that in public?

"알았어." Okay.

Tae nodded and went near her as she clutched the robe that she has been given.

"So for this shot we are going to take pictures of you frolicking along the sand. Then we are going to take picture of you looking at the camera and the sea as your backdrop. Then we are going to take a picture of you within the trees."

Joohyun just nodded. Digesting all the information she has been given. She has decided to act as professional as possible no matter how much the photographer affected her.

The shoot was looking to be going on brighter path. Joohyun herself was enjoying her time. She was stunning and incandescent in her photos. She bacame oblivious to the photographer and what she did to him everytime she smiled at the camera, looked away at the scenery, played with her feet on the sand - anything she did Taehyung captured.

And Taehyung longed to hold her.

When they changed locations to the area with a dense trees, Taehyung stepped up and went to her, "Hyun-ah, I wanted work with the shadows in this area."

They were beside a big tree and the trees casted beautiful shadows on the forest floor, Taehyung couldn't help but look at Joohyun's eyes and found himself mesmerized by her yet again. This time he couldn't help himself, he wanted to make her feel what he feels every time she looks at him behind the camera.

He wanted to capture these eyes as they changed with every emotion she felt. And so he traced a finger on the corner of her eyes.

He wanted to capture how beautiful her contours are, the silhouette of her nose, the shape of her jaw and the fullness of her cheeks. He touched every bit of it now.

He wanted to capture the smile of her lips. He wanted to frame the time when her cheeks tugged at her full lips. So he caressed it with his thumb, some lipstick making its way to it.

Joohyun stood there frozen to the onslaught of tender touches on her face.

And, as if in a trance Taehyung placed both hands on the side of her face, and ever so gently placed a kiss on the tip of her nose. The softest of kissed, the gentlest of touches. As if a butterfly decided to land on her nose. And without a word Taehyung snapped out of his reverie, by the call of his colleague and Joohyun stood there, seething with vexation.

What does that mean? How can he do it so nonchalantly? How can he not say anything?

She felt unfair at how Taehyung can give her mixed signals. She was infuriated at how he never told her anything directly.

Her mind bombarded her with questions. Questions that she cannot ask now. She tried her best all day to remain professional, to think and act as if nothing bothered her to think that Taehyung is one of those photographers tasked to take her pictures. No more no less. And for him to make her break her resolve made her angrier.

Included in the lagoon shoot is Joohyun posing with a Toucan. And it was then when she vented her anger with the man.

"We'll put the bird on your shoulder, the owner said it'll not fly away."

"That's so convenient." Joohyun said sarcastically, "It won't get away even if he's untied. That bird is a lot more better than some people."

Taehyung looked at the model before him, her knees half submerged in the water, he was confuse by her sudden words.

"What?"

"Nothing."

The owner of the Toucan places one on her head and another on her arm as Joohyun continued to pose.

"Okay. Stay like that."

"You thought I can stay like this all my life? How long should I stay? Huh?"

Click. Click. The photographer continued.

"Now try to let go of the one on your arm."

"It's not that easy to let go Mr. Kim." Joohyun flatly said, keen on annoying the other, the same way he made her feel.

"You seem to be an expert in letting go, can you tell me what can I do to let go easily?"

The staff looked back and forth, seemingly aware of what's happening based on the exchange, however they remained silent.

"Joohyun-ah you seemed to be quite stressed, everyone, let's take a quick break."

The staff dispersed and the owner of the Toucan got the birds first. Taehyung then went near Joohyun who is obviously not pleased to see him.

"Joohyun-ah what wrong?"

"You have the right to ask what's wrong?!"

"Enlighten me then why are you acting this way?"

Joohyun continued to trudge at the shallow lagoon getting away from Taehyung.

Taehyung, exasperated, left his camera that dangled on his chest to follow Joohyun on the water.

"Joohyun. Wait listen." Taehyung trudged faster as the girl continued to prod on the shallow waters, when he caught her, he spun her around to face him.

"What? Taehyung what more do you want!?" Joohyun knows that's she's being too loud, but she cannot control herself anymore, knowing that she has done everything to be cool and nonchalant, all that were thrown out of the window now.

"Listen to me." Taehyung held both of her arms. "I know it was my fault in the past. I decided to let you go and love you from afar, to just let you live your dreams."

They have both relaxed their stances by now, Joohyun looking up at Taehyung's eyes and Taehyung squeezing on her arms.

"I doesn't have to be me." Taehyung told Joohyun.

"You can be happy with another guy, it doesn't have to be me."

Joohyun felt her heart stop beating for a moment. As if it stopped for a while to fall and resume again. She felt heavy and  she felt sick on the pit of her stomach.

"But..." Taehyung continued, "I wanted to be a part of your dream, I wanted to see you fulfill it. I wanted to capture it and immortalize it in photos."

"So the kiss awhile ago?"

"Unintentional. It was a spur of the moment."

Joohyun felt her heart drop again,

How many times is it going to fall?

"But this one isn't."

And Taehyung placed both hands on her face and kissed her, slowly at first and when Joohyun placed her hands on his side clutching at the fabric there was when Taehyung kissed her more urgently, as if it's going to make up for the past years that they were apart.

He tugged at her to open up and when she did he never let her go. Exploring and tasting. Joohyun eased into him and leaned on him more.

When the two broke the kiss they were out of breath but they each wore  goofy smile on their lips.

"Just so it's clear, if it wasn't already, I love you. I still do." Taehyung said and Joohyun took one hand into hers and placed a kiss on his knuckles "I feel the same way. I love you."

And Taehyung reaches out to touch her lips with the other hand not holding hers and smiled,

"I think you might need a retouch."

And then he pressed one lingering kiss on her forehead.

End.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 7.3K 90
What have you been up to lately? Who are you thinking of so far away? Life without you is really unbelievable. 050318 Cover by yours truly @saraengs
65.8K 2.8K 42
a story where yerim texted taeyong's number, except that it wasn't taeyong's number. --- •this is a jungri (bts' jungkook and red velvet's yeri) stor...
85.8K 2.6K 60
You are the cause of my euphoria.
98.5K 3.3K 54
jungkookie: @yerimitle I found you. ©lureevri 2018 [ completed ] jungri fanfic | instagram format started: 14.O7.18 ended: O1.O9.18