That Summer

By apple_jacks_7

Things didn't go quite as planned for Anna Simms that Summer, but it changed her life forever. *** FINALIST... More

Summertime Sadness
Welcome to Gary!
New Beginnings
Feelings
Pain
The Thorn Birds
Home Again, Home Again
Late Nights and Last Nights
I Will Always Love You
See You Again
Who Are You?
Never
Choices
Forgiven?
Happy Days Are Here Again
The Offer pt. 1
The Offer pt. 2
The "Date"
The Tour
The Enemy
I'll Be There
Give Me A Break
Brisbane
Back to my Roots
Memory Lane
California Dreaming
The Truth
New Year, and Unexpected Visitors
Back to Reality
Love Me or Let me Go
Do You Love Me?
Un-announced
In the Spotlight
Meet the Family
Too Hard to say Goodbye
The First Time
The Big Mistake
Neverland
Signs
To Be or Not To Be
Eyes Are Everywhere
It's a...
Forever Lost
Leave Me Lonely
Missing You
You and I
Trials and Tribulations
Birthday Wishes
Remember Me
Rules of Engagement
Stay Away
Want You Back...Maybe
Speak Now
A Walking Nightmare
Royalty
End Game
No More
On The Road Again
Startin' Somethin'
Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun
Breaking Point
Drowning
Under Wraps
Neglect or Accept?
Surprise!
Forever Pt. 1
Forever Pt. 2
Forever Pt. 3
In Your Eyes
Seduction at its Lowest
Keep It In The Closet
The Call
What Do I Do?
Shockingly Evil
Lies in the Dark
Someone You Loved
Homecoming
Choreographer
Dangerous
Making It Work
Unexpected News
Taking Care
Doctor, Doctor
Second Trimester
Third Trimester
Labor Part 1
Labor Part 2
Critical Condition
Nightmare Interrupted
Change of Pace
That Summer

Secrets

623 21 3
By apple_jacks_7

We arrived in Toronto around 7pm that night. I had just woken up not too long ago and it was already night, it might've just been the fact that I had slept awhile too. Many fans crowded around the jet as we landed which made the situation quite chaotic. Everyone had to pack themselves tightly into each vehicle as we rode to the hotel which was pretty far from the airport. A few hours into the tour and I'm already wanting to go home. All of this was a new experience for me and I honestly didn't know how to handle all of the schedules that we were on, along with different time zones. I still didn't understand how Michael handled all of this.

...

We all settled into are rooms and had a quick meeting before being dismissed to our rooms. I took a shower to cleanse myself from my long day of constant traveling and settled into a pair of shorts and an oversized Brooklyn sweatshirt I had received as a gift one year from one of my students. As I was about to call Michael before going to bed, there was a knock on the door that interrupted my chance of doing just that. When I answered the door, I was surprised to see who had visited me at such an hour.

"Whitney? Come in, come in. What are you doing here so late?" I looked at Whitney who had already prepared herself for bed.

"I just wanted to check in to see how you were adjusting to everything. I saw how uncomfortable you were while we were on the plane ride." Her and I sat down as we talked.

"I guess I'm doing okay, this is all a huge adjustment for me so I'm still trying to eat used to it." I said.

"Well I know it can be uncomfortable when you're around people you don't know. I apologize for my little entourage for being so rude today, I felt really bad and I just wanted to come here and apologize face to face." I waved my hand at her.

"It's okay, it wasn't that big of a deal. Plus, I'm used to it anyways so it doesn't come at a surprise." I rubbed my arms uncomfortably.

"Anna is everything okay? You seem sad." She examined me as I shook my head.

"No, I'm okay." I lied.

"Anna, I want to believe you but I can't. Something is up and I just want you to know that I'm here for you." I watched as her eyes traveled down to my arms. I looked down to see that my sweatshirt had rolled up, leaving enough cleavage to show my shame that had been marked on me. Whitney rushed over and grabbed my wrist and pushed my sleeve up.

"Anna! What did you do?" She said half concerned, half angry.

"It's nothing." I tried to tear myself away from her grasp but she held my wrist tight.

"Anna you need to tell me right now! What is going on? And I'm not going to ask again." I gulped as tears welled in my eyes.

"I-I don't know Whitney. It's just really hard to explain since no one can really relate." I looked away to hide my tears. Whitney turned my face towards her as she wiped away my tears with her thumb.

"Anna, please tell me. I'm really worried about you right now." I sighed as I turned to her.

"When I left Michael a few years ago, I was broken because he had been the only true friend I had ever had. The day I left he had told me that he loved me and when I left, I was completely broken from the inside out. Not too long after I went back to school, my parents had died in a car wreck and I lost it. I had isolated myself from everyone and just couldn't handle life anymore. That's when this started and many other problems had occurred that I had never told Michael about. I'm ashamed of what I did and what I've done to myself and I can never forgive myself. I would prefer if Michael never knew about this, God knows what he would do." I sniffles as I finished my disastrous story. Whitney had tears streaming down her face as well.

"Anna, I'm so so sorry. I didn't know about this but I'm glad you told me. You've been through so much and I don't know how you've been so strong! I don't know how it would feel or be in your position. I would absolutely lose my mind completely." Whitney wrapped her arms  around me and held me tightly.

"I promise you that things will get better, and I will help you through this okay? I promise that I won't tel anyone about this." She swore.

"I appreciate it Whitney. Very much." I thanked her.

"No problem. Just try and get some sleep okay? That will be the best thing for you." I nodded my head as Whitney made her way to the door.

"Goodnight Anna, remember we have rehearsals at eight tomorrow." She reminded me.

"Okay I'll see you then. Goodnight Whitney." She then shut the door as I made my way to bed. Right as I settled in bed, my phone rang on the nightstand. I groaned as I picked it up as it was going on 11pm.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Remind me to never tour again." Michael groaned from the other side.

"How'd it go?" I asked him.

"It went fine, although it would've been better if you were front row and cheering me on. I miss your obnoxiousness." I scoffed at his insult.

"I'm obnoxious? Michael I think you have a little too much hairspray stuck in your ear." I teased.

"For the record, I only use water." I chuckled as I heard him take a seat somewhere. "So where are you guys now?"

"Well, we're at the hotel in Toronto. We leave tomorrow after the concert and head to Saratoga Springs." I stated.

"Welcome to the life of touring." I rolled my eyes and his "enthusiasm".

"But this isn't the reason I called. I just got off the phone with Whitney, is there anything that I need to know about? Anything going on?" I knew what he was hinting at which made me furious to know that Whitney told.

"I actually made a new friend. It's her half brother and he is literally just like you. He's pulled the most amazing pranks I have ever heard." I fake laughed.

"That's great to hear, I'm happy for you. What I mean is there anything going on with you that you need to tell me? I don't want you keeping any secrets from me Anna. You know I care about you and your well-being." My blood still boiled to know that Whitney went against my word.

"No Michael, I'm perfectly fine and in good health. Anyway, I got to get to bed because I have early morning rehearsals."

"Oh okay, well goodnight Anna." I hung up the phone quickly as I shook my head and turned off the light.

...

(Michael's POV)

Flashback

(Phone ringing)

"Hello?" I answered.

"Michael? It's me Whitney! How are you?" She enthusiastically responded.

"I'm doing good! How about yourself?" I politely said back to her.

"Pretty good actually, thanks for asking." She said.

"May I ask why you're calling me at this time?" I asked, not wanting to sound rude.

"Shoot, I forgot about the time difference. Listen, the reason I called was about Anna." I was worried when she mentioned Anna.

"Is everything okay? What's going on?" I worriedly asked.

"Umm, well there is something that you need to know. Her and I talked this evening, although I'm very happy that she is on tour with me, but I'm worried about her. Anna has been trying to..kill herself. Not recently but in the last few months, yes. She has cut marks all over her forearms and she has apparently been doing it from the day you two...broke apart up until now. And after everything she's gone through with her parents and with you missing from her life has been a major contribution to her issues. She didn't want me to tell you any of this because she knew that you would fret over this, but I thought that you should know." I was morally shocked.

"Are you sure Whitney? Cause' this doesn't sound like the Anna I know." I shook my head in disbelief.

"I know it doesn't, that's why I called you. I don't want to fire her, she's very talented for a girl her age."

"Yes I know that she is very talented. I'll talk to her, maybe there was a misunderstanding." I hoped and prayed that this was some sort of mixup.

"I doubt it Michael. She was pretty clear." My Hands were shaking and my heart was beating fast as I worried about Anna.

"Okay well thank you for the heads up. I'll give her a call immediately." Whitney bid me goodbye as I made a mad dash to contact Anna.

End of Flashback

I tossed and turned all night as I worried about Anna. Just thinking about her doing any of this just doesn't seem reliable. So many questions were running through my head as I pondered my thoughts. In some degree it all made sense. The strange behavior, the refusal of touch and change of subject. I was afraid to confront her face to face because I know how it will end. She promised me that whenever she had a problem that she would come to me about it, but like she said, people change.

Ooooo! Whitney told Michael! How do you think Anna will react when she sees Whitney? What other secrets will be spilled? Comment your input

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.2K 1.1K 18
"Michael I don't think this was right. I am a married woman." "Yeah to a man that doesn't love you, let me love you!!" Lena Waters had just moved int...
4.8K 221 23
Attractive, prestigious, allergic to commitment and cursed with a past he can't escape... Michael, is a devil with a face of an angel, to whom life h...
4.8K 240 12
Darla Evans, a determined waitress, has had her ups and downs. Money, a home, a car but her world is broken. Losing both of her parents and an abusiv...
52.1K 2.3K 42
𝙗𝙖𝙙 𝙚𝙧𝙖 â€ĸ 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟕-𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟏 "𝘑đ˜ļ𝘴đ˜ĩ 𝘨đ˜Ē𝘷đ˜Ļ 𝘮đ˜Ļ đ˜°đ˜¯đ˜Ļ đ˜¯đ˜Ē𝘨𝘩đ˜ĩ đ˜ĩ𝘰 𝘱đ˜ŗ𝘰𝘷đ˜Ļ đ˜ĩ𝘰 đ˜ē𝘰đ˜ļ đ˜ĩ𝘩īŋŊ...