Smoke Clouds || Billy Hargrov...

Av Cutehorse

'He gazed into her teary eyes, she ran her thumb over his bruising cheek. Smoke blew through their lips, ming... Mer

Summary
Epigraph
Prologue
Part I
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
Part II
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
Epilogue
Final Quote

5

17.5K 410 122
Av Cutehorse

^^^^^^

' Much prefer arsehole, suits you... '

^^^^^^

Eden waited as he unlocked the door and walked inside, indicating to her that Billy lived there. The house was small and cramped, not much furniture situated in each room. She looked around for family photos or something along those lines, but she came up with nothing. As Billy entered a room, she paused outside; not wanting to invade any privacy.

'What are you waiting for? A royal invitation?' The boy asked as he stuck his head out of the door.

'Being polite?' She replied confused.

He rolled his eyes, 'Come on.'

She glared at him as she stepped into the small bedroom, a bed shoved in the corner and a cabinet at the end of it; huge speakers and a record player sitting on top of it. Posters decorated the pale yellow walls and the wardrobe was bursting at the seams, a mirror beside it.

'What are we doing here?' She asked.

'Forgot my gym clothes,' He shrugged.

'So, you drove me, of all people, to your house because?'

'You're probably the only girl in that school that doesn't talk to me to try and hop on my dick.'

'Jesus.'

'It's true.'

She rolled her eyes and leant back against the doorway, watching him as he stuffed a few things into a bag. Eden adverted her gaze when Billy looked toward her, moving her eyes to his unmade bed and messy nightstand.

'You can check me out all you want, Princess, don't be ashamed,' He smirked.

'Fuck off, arsehole,' She retorted, trying to ignore the fact he had given her a new nickname.

'You really like that nickname, don't you?'

'Extremely.'

'How about we change it?'

'To?'

'Sexy.'

'Nope. Much prefer Arsehole, suits you much better.'

She smirked as his face fell, mischief in his eyes as he leant forward and threw her over his shoulder like she was a sack of potatoes. She yelled out as she tried not to laugh, hitting his back as she told him to put her down. And he did, eventually.

He threw her down on the couch before wandering into the kitchen, grabbing something. Eden blocked her face as he threw something at her, the small box landing in her lap. As she looked down, she found a full box of cigarettes; making her cock an eyebrow at him with a smirk.

'What do I owe you?' She asked.

He shrugged, 'I'll think of something.'

'Thanks.'

'No problem.'

She pushed herself off the lounge as Billy moved to the door, walking behind him back down to his car. She looked over at him once she was in the car, watching as he turned the car on; resisting the urge to comment on the sound of the engine.

'You're doing it again,' He muttered.

'What?' She queried.

'Drooling over my car.'

'Who wouldn't? It's hot, unlike it's owner.'

Billy glared at her, which only made her smirked in amusement.

'I'm going to get you one day,' He stated.

'Nope,' She shook her head.

It went quiet as Billy drove them back to the school, only the sound of the well tuned engine between them.

'What are they like?' She asked out of the blue.

'Who?' He looked at her briefly.

'Your parents?'

He didn't say anything as he face went hard, his eyes becoming stone cold. She studied him as it happened, and she could understand how he went from being somewhat carefree to as hard as stone; for, she did it all the time. Going from glaring at everyone who passed her to being carefree with Jonathan.

'Don't worry. I don't like my parents either,' She mumbled.

He grunted in response, looking her way for a second before back to the road. Eden sighed, fiddled with her fingers nervously.

'I shouldn't have asked,' She mumbled.

'Tell me about your parents,' He stated.

'Uh, they... They really don't give a shit about me. They seem like they do, but they don't hear me... I'm not even home most nights and they don't even know.'

'Well, your parents aren't as bad as mine.'

'You gonna tell me about them?'

She looked at him quickly as she sighed, knowing she wasn't likely to get anything out of him. And as they pulled up to the school, he still hadn't said a word. A sigh left her mouth before she turned to get out of the car, pausing when he began to speak.

'My Mum cheated on my Dad with some man because Dad used to hit her and me. One day, she just up and left and never came back... Dad met Susan and married her,' He muttered. 

'And the girl?' She queried.

'Susan's daughter.'

'And you hate Susan and her daughter because of what your Dad tried to replace your Mum. And you hate your Dad because he used to abuse you and your Mum?'

He shrugged, 'That's not all of it, but most.'

She nodded, not knowing what else to say; 'Thanks for the smoke, and the drive, and the cigarettes- Just thanks for the past hour. It was fun.'

He sent her a tight smile before watching as she slid out of his car, shutting the door lightly. Eden walked back to the school, processing the information she had just gotten out of Billy Hargrove.

^^^^^^

Eden's eyes scanned around the car park, trying to find Jonathan's car since he was her ride home. Her glare only became more deadlier with each second she couldn't find it, annoyance rising in her stomach. She pulled a cigarette from the pack Billy had given her, marching over to where the denim wearing boy sat next to one of the girl's she was sure she had class with.

Billy spun around when his cigarette disappeared from his hand, a glare set on his face. But as he saw Eden, it dropped slightly as he watched her draw a breath from the cigarette, before she held it out for him to take again. He slowly took it, not being able to figure out what she had planned next as he watched her readjust the unlit stick already in her mouth. She reached into his back pocket, pulling his lighter from it's hiding place; making him jump.

'Uh, what the fuck?' The girl beside Billy exclaimed.

Eden rolled her eyes, mimicking the girl under her breath as she lit her cigarette.

'Got a problem?' She cocked an eyebrow at the girl as she blew the smoke between her lips.

'Yes,' The girl pouted.

'And that is?'

'You stole his cigarette, then touched his arse-'

'You care about this because? He isn't your boyfriend, sweetheart. He's just gonna fuck you and dump you. Have fun with that.'

She smirked and winked, placing her cigarette back between her lips, before she slid Billy's lighter back into his pocket; making sure to do it as slow as possible, just to piss the girl off. She shook her head at the horrid excuse for a glare she was receiving as she pulled her hand back, before she turned and walked away. She drew in another long breath of her cigarette, knowing she would be lucky if she would make it home before dark.

Billy watched after her, his jaw slightly a gape. The feeling he had gotten when Eden had touched him confused him to no end, but he liked it. It made him feel alive. The Lawson girl walked along the very edge of the road away from the high school, smirking when she heard the familiar roar of an engine coming from behind her. As Billy flew past her, she raised her hand and flipped him the bird; knowing he would see it in his rear view mirror. She chuckled as his hand came out the window, flipping her off. 

Eden walked with her head held high, looking around at the surroundings behind her. But as she walked towards the middle school, a very familiar figure dashed across the road and onto the school grounds. She walked a little faster, trying to see if what she was seeing was real. She paused when she saw Eleven standing in front of the bike rack, looking at one bike.

'El?' She called out; 'Eleven?'

The curly haired girl looked over her shoulder before she bolted for the school, making her sigh as she ran after her.

'El! El Hopper!' She called out. 

She pushed the doors open to the school, rushing through the halls as she tried to find the girl. Eden couldn't call the girl's name, knowing that Mike and the rest of the gang were at the school. She turned down different halls and still couldn't find the girl. As she heard a yell from up the hall, the Lawson girl turned to find Eleven looking into the gym. She ran up the hall and lightly grabbed her arm, yanking her backwards.

'What are you doing?' She hissed quietly.

'Mike,' El stated. 

'Eleven, do you know how stupid you're being? Hopper is going to kill you. We need to go, right now.'

'No.'

'El, please.'

Eden pulled her forward lightly, heading up the hall and toward the exit. 

'No,' El stated again.

'Eleven, don't do this,' She muttered. 

'No.'

The Lawson girl gasped as she was throw backwards against the wall, her head hitting it harshly. She groaned as she hit the floor in a crumpled heap, Eleven hesitating nervously before she ran up the hall. Eden sat up slowly, clenching her teeth as her head throbbed at the base of her skull. She looked up the hall in disbelief, El had never hurt her before and now she had; shattering all of her trust in the small girl.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

143K 2.9K 26
Emmie Gilbert has just moved in with her Aunt Claudia and her cousin, Dustin. She had no clue about the strange things that went on in the small tow...
569K 19.6K 39
-cherry wine ᵐᵃˣ ᵐᵃʸᶠⁱᵉˡᵈ "her eyes and words are icy" -How the new girl in Hawkins meet...
293 0 11
"You okay?" He asked, pushing his hair from his face. "That was so hot." She said, taking a handful of his shirt and pulling him into a kiss for a mo...
89.3K 2.3K 68
People use many words to describe Madison Byers: sarcastic, smart, stubborn, quiet, caring, but most of all protective. She has protected everyone in...