paper airplane || jikook

By fairyofau

- where jimin and jungkook send messages to each other by a paper airplane - when jungkook moves to seoul to... More

1 - folding
2 - little things
3 - stepping up
4 - fresh start
5 - distance
6 - again
7 - feeling
8 - blossom
9 - invitation
10 - tension
11 - undelivered
12 - wilt
13 - the truth
14 - reunited
15 - cherished moments
16 - reverie
17 - soaring
19 - sparked
20 - caught
21 - healed
22 - growth
23 - one step beyond
24 - reminisce

18 - growing up

326 13 13
By fairyofau

the next couple days consisted of jimin and jungkook getting closer, and they were close to the point they cuddled while watching movies and kdramas on the tv.

as for jimin's health, he was getting better and better every second. he still needed the help of the wheelchair to help him get to places since he felt weak on the legs. besides not being able to walk though, he was much more energetic and happier. jungkook was the one person that made him smile each and every day.

it was around noontime on wednesday, and jimin and jungkook were watching 'strong woman do bong soon' on the tv while munching on apples and oranges.

usually jimin lied down on jungkook's lap while his head turned out to see the tv screen. this made jungkook continuously run his fingers through jimin's soft hair, while a huge blanket covered both of them.

"oh my god, the guy is so gross! he literally kidnaps girls, the police really do suck." jimin yelled, making jungkook giggle a bit.

"jiminie, it's a kdrama, and specifically here, they make the police look untrustworthy. i'm sure the police are great here in seoul." jungkook spoke, which made jimin look at him with squinty eyes.

"since when were you smart?" jimin asked, chuckling, now shifting back to a sitting position. jungkook was just continuing to eat some apples.

they both looked into each other's eyes.

"i never really realized how pretty your eyes were." jimin mumbled in a very soft tone, which made jungkook blush extremely hard.

but at least he can feel more confident blushing instead of embarrassed.

even if jimin confessed his love for him, he still felt warm inside when jimin did something affectionate towards him. he didn't know how to respond back, or act. he never had any other crush besides jimin in his entire life.

he was still learning to be more open to others and not closed off.

"t-they're really not!" jungkook's cheeks burned much more, and he covered himself with the blanket, smiling to himself.

"you're so cute, i swear to-"

buzz...

both eyes looked at jimin's phone that was continuously vibrating on the table in front of them. jimin looked a bit confused since he has not received calls or texts for the past few days.

"who is it?" jungkook asked, now peaking out of the blanket, and saw jimin looking a bit surprised.

"taehyung. he said he's going to pass by in a bit since he got out of summer school early today." jimin gave a soft smile to jungkook. they both thought it was going to be really nice to have more company around.

but jungkook also wished he could just stay with jimin alone for a longer time.

jimin stretched a bit and pulled himself onto the wheelchair, sighing.

"ugh, it's been about three days in this house and i can't stand it any longer. i really want to go outside..." jimin turned his head towards the window, pouting to himself. the sunlight was peering through the blinds really beautifully.

"but... i'm not sure if your mom will allow you. maybe ask her tonight when she comes home? you seem to be healthier and energetic, and you've been taking your supplements. it's just, you're still weak to walk." jungkook frowned, looking at jimin who looked very handsome as ever.

jimin turned back to jungkook, putting his hands onto the handles of the wheelchair.

jungkook knew he was going to try to stand, and immediately left the seat of the couch to aid jimin.

"nah-uh-uh. you will stand with my help." jungkook immediately got up, and swiftly moved to jimin's side.

jimin placed his right leg on the floor, and jungkook already began to feel him shake.

then the left foot went on the floor.

"let go. just be behind me." jimin said in frustration, pushing jungkook away. he continued to be worried though. he didn't like seeing jimin suffer in pain.

jungkook shifted to the back of jimin, and saw he had balance.

"oh my god! you can stand!" jungkook exclaimed, seeing jimin smile so widely.

jimin smiled, and tried to walk to jungkook, but—

"jung-KOO!" he lost balance from walking and fell face flat onto jungkook, making him fall over as well onto the nearest couch.

"ow..." jimin tried to get up, and saw jungkook, who kept on looking at him.

there went jungkook's heartbeat that went thump, thump, thump.

"sorry..." he mumbled, but jungkook pulled him into a long hug, which jimin returned.

"what are you-?"

"don't say anything, please." jungkook closed his eyes, tears forming from happiness, but also sadness.

he still couldn't believe he was able to call jimin his now.

and no one else's.

"i won't complain." jimin smiled, closing his eyes as well.

"i love you, thank you for accepting me." jimin mumbled, his voice trembling. jungkook didn't look, he continued to close his eyes.

"and i love you, so much more jimin. i promise, i will take you somewhere beautiful when we can leave the house. somewhere memorable and somewhere i want to finally seal it." jungkook said, continuing to smile.

jimin looked at jungkook now, who slowly opened his eyes as well.

"'seal it'? what?" jimin sat back onto his wheelchair, and jungkook sat upright on the couch.

"well, i want to-"

ding donggggg~

both jimin and jungkook's eyes immediately shot to the front door. jimin, while rolling himself there, peaked into the window.

"it's taehyung! seems like he has brought some food!" jimin unlocked the door, and opened it. taehyung walked in, saying a soft hi. he had red joggers on and a red hoodie to match with it. he was holding a bag full of food.

"jimin! how is everything? feeling better?" he asked. jimin nodded happily. he was so ecstatic to be seeing his best friend since it has been a while, other than being in the hospital room.

"yes! i feel way better. not feeling nausea or fainting, or anything like that. it's just my legs are weak to walk right now, so i'm using a wheelchair in the meantime. i can stand up though." he explained, giving a bright smile.

"that's good!" taehyung shut the door, and placed the food onto the table that was in the center of the living room. jungkook's eyes completely shot onto the bag after smelling a familiar scent of bulgogi and black bean noodles.

"oh my god, that smells so good!!!" jungkook screeched, and continued to watch taehyung take out the food containers one by one.

"thank you taehyung!" jimin smiled, giving taehyung a warm hug. jungkook grabbed one of the black bean noodle bowls and stirred in the sauce.

"jimin, what do you want?" jungkook asked. jimin pointed at the bulgogi since he couldn't quite reach the table, and jungkook pulled out the container with bulgogi and handed it to jimin.

about 10 minutes into eating all the delicious food taehyung brought, he began to ask questions towards the two love birds.

"what did you guys do today?" he asked. jimin just shrugged.

"nothing much really, watched a movie then a kdrama. i get so bored here in this house. ugh..." jimin put a hand on his cheek and sighed.

"you can't leave yet? have you been outside? like, you know, the front porch or backyard?" taehyung mumbled in between his words after putting a big swirl of black bean noodles into his mouth.

"i mean, i really don't know. i guess when i can really walk, but i can't take steps yet. for my health, i feel good but i need a confirmation to leave the house from my mom and the doctors. i have a feeling the doctors will let me... but my mom probably will be overprotective after what happened..." jimin said, feeling guilt inside.

after all, it was his fault he hyperventilated at the party.

jungkook looked at jimin, seeing despair in his eyes. he really was curious as to why he stopped taking the supplements.

"jimin, why did you stop? you never really specified as to why you did. aren't the supplements your medicine to help you gain red blood cells back?" jungkook quietly asked, after gulping down some noodles.

taehyung looked at jimin, curious as well.

even though jimin and taehyung were best friends, he didn't know why either.

"because... i was beginning to like you, and i don't know... i think i was forgetting to take them. all in my mind was you-" once jimin said that sentence, taehyung dropped his bowl onto the table and let out a loud and long sigh.

jimin flinched from the sound, and took a deep breath.

"y-you're telling me you weren't taking your medicine... because you liked him? all in your mind was him? jimin, this is your health we are talking about!" taehyung stood up, looking at jimin with sharp eyes. jungkook looked up from eating and sort of felt his heart just stop by hearing taehyung's voice shoot up.

"that was a long time ago! this was when i was beginning to like him! i was confused, i didn't know how to feel. i never liked anyone before. how was i supposed to feel? i was lost, i was embarrassed. this is why i didn't want to admit this in front of you because i knew you'd be like this!" jimin screamed, his eyes turning red, and tears building up.

"you were lost and embarrassed but didn't bother to tell me? i'm your best friend jimin, and your mom also trusted me to take care of you, to watch over you. i was the only friend that knew you were really sick in the beginning, but yet you didn't bother to tell me this?"

jimin didn't respond back, he just gave taehyung a blank expression.

jungkook didn't know what to say, he felt sick to his stomach. he didn't want such a question to lead into this.

"i'm concerned because you chose a simple crush over medicine. medicine that can help you! medicine that can heal you so you can be better and healthier. you fell into a damn coma and i got worried sick!" taehyung clenched his fists. his breathing was becoming heavier.

jungkook didn't like this at all, he didn't like seeing these two best friends fight. he has never even seen them fight at all.

surprisingly, however, jimin took all of taehyung's loud sentences calmy and continued to stay quiet. jungkook couldn't deal with all this and spoke up.

"taehyung, he's okay now. that's the past, we should just-"

that's when taehyung threw his bowl of black noodles into jungkook's face.

"w-what are you doing? i paid for that with my money. can you just leave me alone and pick on someone else?"

"i saw that, don't act like i did. i'm going to tell principal chen about this." he said. he had a really deep tone.

jungkook opened his eyes, shaking uncontrollably.

memories from back then were returning. he lifted his hands up to his face, seeing the sauce from the noodles all over them.

"j-jungkook..." jimin said, seeing jungkook shaking.

he wasn't saying anything.

he was petrified, traumatized.

that incident from the bully was glued into his memories and was never healed.

taehyung stood there, his hands shaking too.

"j-j-jungkook, i'm so sorry. i didn't mean to do that, i didn't-"

jungkook's eyesight blackened. all he heard was the audible argument from taehyung and jimin.

"get out."

it was jimin.

"jimin, i was angry and it was to the point i couldn't hold anything in, i didn't mean to do that. i didn't, i swear-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! you can talk to me after you clean up your attitude. you don't know how much jungkook has been through. you triggered a past memory that hasn't been erased, and a memory you were in." jimin was muffling in between his sobs.

jungkook looked up, trying to wipe away the sauce that dripped from his face.

jimin now had the courage to speak up after staying quiet, and faced right in front of taehyung's face.

"and yea, i know you're my best friend, but there are some things i need to keep to myself, things i don't feel comfortable telling to someone else, even someone like a best friend. i trust you, but this was something i kept personal to me because of reasons. i don't need to tell you every little thing about me and what is going on in my everyday life. i know i'm sick and i know you were watching over me, but you don't have to be overprotective!"

jimin screamed, tears pouring down his face.

"jimin, you were sick! you were EXTREMELY SICK! you have less than what a regular human being should have. something to help with oxygen, to breathe and you're saying i can't be protective and concerned over that!? is your mom at school? no. she's not. i am. i think you're being a bit selfish here, and i'm not being overprotective, i'm trying to watch over you-"

"WELL MAYBE YOU NEED TO STOP DOING MORE THAN WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING. there are limits to everything. now go taehyung, you hurt my boyfriend that you traumatized with your hurtful action."

boyfriend... did he really just... call me...? jungkook thought.

"jimin, i really didn't mean to hurt him. it was out of anger-"

"get. out. now. talk to me when you learn to clean up your mouth." jimin said sternly, and pulled onto taehyung's wrist and pushed him to the front door, not giving any eye contact to him.

there was no other words spoken from taehyung, and all that was heard was the slam of the door shutting.

jimin quickly rolled his wheelchair to jungkook, who was shaking while wiping off the last bit of sauce from his face.

"jungkook?" jimin asked.

jungkook couldn't help but feel weak right there, weak to his stomach. he teared up and cried into his hands, where all the sauce was on now.

"i-i...! I REALLY DIDN'T MEAN TO CAUSE THIS. YOU PROBABLY BOTH HATE EACH OTHER NOW, IT'S MY FAULT YOU BOTH WERE ARGUING BECAUSE I WAS ASKING A QUESTION AND I DIDN'T KNOW IT WOULD MAKE HIM MAD..." jungkook sobbed harder and harder, and jimin took him by the back of his head and let him cry into his chest.

"i didn't know... that memory would be triggered by this... i thought i was more stronger and more open. what's wrong with me? is it because i thought taehyung hated me because he was the one who protected me from dongwoo, and maybe... turning his back away from me?" jungkook mumbled out words, his voice shaking in between each one.

jimin shook his head, now comforting jungkook's head with both of his hands, running through jungkook's soft silky hair.

"shhh, it's going to be okay. it was just a one time thing, i'm sure you will be better and forget about that memory. taehyung just got overprotective of me... i'm really alright. i just messed up. even i was a bit harsh." jimin cried, a sniffle was let out.

jimin put his hands below jungkook's chin, and shifted him to look into his eyes.

they were both crying.

"you are strong, you are smart and you are amazing. i love how you are, i love your personality and i love how you are caring as well. you are the one that finishes my heart with your endless aura of happiness and light that shines through your own heart. i was waiting for that one person that can complete me. i didn't know who it would be or when it would occur, but it now has happened. you will never be a freak show or a disappointment. you will always make me proud." jimin smiled, and gave jungkook a kiss on the forehead, which calmed him much more throughout the whole day.

to be continued.

a/n

a pretty long chapter + an argument huhuhu

and i really wanted to use this song too hehe

maybe about five or six chapters left! what are your thoughts/reactions for this chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 5.7K 42
Min Yoongi is an ice cold bully people are scared of him but they also respect him he doesn't care for anyone no one is in his heart until he acciden...
407K 22.6K 73
"Did you just throw a dildo at me?" In which Taehyung gets a dildo thrown at him by Jeon Jungkook, a boy in his maths class he never took much note...
776K 30.2K 51
Although Jungkook and Jimin aren't mates, they made a promise to stay together regardless of any complicated obstacles that could come along the way...
169K 11.6K 18
A YOONKOOK SHORT STORY! Recently dumped, heartbroken, and unwilling to move on, Yoongi spends his days wallowing in self-pity. He's trying to tell hi...