DID YOU EVER(arranged marriag...

By littlemissmylls

*****REWRITTEN****** Meet Anthony Ferdinand Ramirez,a business tycoon and a man with the weight of a thriving... More

FLASHBACK
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER * 3
CHAPTER * 4
CHAPTER *5
CHAPTER *6
CHAPTER * 7
Chapter 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
IMPORTANT
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39

CHAPTER l

47.2K 1.2K 104
By littlemissmylls

Years later

Trash, trash, trash, bullcrap and more trash I groaned audibly as I went through the mail Carl had dropped on my desk earlier this morning.

If debt has trash as a connotation, then that was definitely what I meant.

I heard a knock on my door and before I could yell, Come in Carl had already let himself in.

Well if it isnt my favorite secretary! I chimed and gave him an obvious fake smile as I eyed the pile of papers in his hands.

Well if it isnt my favorite,single nepo baby!  He chimed back and I mumbled a curse word under my breath.

This here is the financial statement from last month and hopefully youre done sorting out the mail cause this right here is more hectic. You know, you should be more grateful that I help you out with your work without complaining you knowand without pay for two months He muttered the end part so I dont hear.

I sighed and mouthed a thank you in his direction.

It wasnt like he was wrong. In fact he was one of the only few employees who stayed after our company hit rock bottom some months ago and things have been really hard since then. Things were never easy but they were never this hard either.

Once things get better you know Ill treat you_

Meh meh enough of that, its best you go through that quickly. Im going to try my best and finish up the rest He cut in and without another word walked out. I sighed and ran my hands on my face.

I stared at the heap on my table and let out a breath I was holding in. Please save me I muttered and sat behind my desk.

Just then my door opened again and Carl stuck his head through the door.

Oh and I almost forgotthe boss wants to see you. I advise you make it snappy, hes in one of those moods again

Isnt he always? I asked him rhetorically and forced a smile.

He gave me a warning glare and left without another word. I only giggled and followed him out. Taking a left turn on the corridor I approached a dark door and stared at the sign on the door.

CEO I whispered, took deep breaths and knocked on the door.

Come in I heard and I obeyed.

Good afternoon, sir. You called for me? I asked and stood exactly 5 meters away from his desk as he had taught me to.

Yes I did. Sit down child He instructed and I quickly did so. Not too fast, not too slow, just as he taught me.

I would like you to run an errand for me, child but before thatdo you remember all that I taught you about upholding our family name and the company? He asked me and I nodded.

Recite it then He ordered.

The Ross family is family of honor and of great establishment. Our fathers and those before them worked restlessly and sacrificed their lives to build an empire and it is the responsibility of each and every single individual of the Ross bloodline to follow suite, ready to sacrifice blood, sweat and tears I recited the words he had beaten right into me as a kid.

Of course I wouldnt forget any word, he had me reciting it every morning before breakfast and every night before bed

Good child. Now go email this at once He told me sternly and handed me a white envelope.

I hesitated a bit and stared at the envelope for a while. His gaze suddenly became a bit more stern on me and I hurriedly rushed for it.

At the post office? I asked and he gave me an obvious look.

As you command, sir I said and quickly walked out of the room.

Closing the door behind me, I let out a breath I didnt realize I was holding.

Playing with the envelope in my hands, I slowly raised it up to inspect it and all I could see was a carefully folded within.

Holding it up into the sunlight, I managed to see some writing and then something caught my eye.

It was a company logo.

F. RAMIREZ INVESTMENTS? I read quietly.

What are you doing?! I heard a voice from behind me and I jumped.

I spun around to see Carl staring at me with a judgmental look on his face. I rolled my eyes and gestured him to come closer. He gave me a disgusted look but came anyways.

See this logo here? Ive seen it somewhere but I dont really remember. I told him as I raised the envelope once more.

He inched closer to inspect the logo and then turned to me.

Ahaa..... F. RAMIREZ INVESTMENTS, the leading company in finance business in the state. If Im correct, which I always am, this particular company along with BLAVES ENTERPRISE have been bitter rivals with ROSS PIN LMT for decades now. He informed with a prideful look on his face and I rubbed my chin confusingly.

Dont you think its a bit weird that this is here? I asked him and he gave me another judging look.

Whether its weird or not, its none of your business. Just follow his instructions and stop meddling in the CEOs affairs He lectured me and I was slowly growing tired of his constant nagging.

Its my business too, Im the heir I shot at him and he snickered at me.

Of course you are, now scurry along before I sell you out He threatened and walked away, stopping to give me a distasteful glance twice.

Taking in deep breathes, I grabbed my bag from my office and made my way to the post office. I had a weird feeling in my gut and a questionable wave of anxiety washed over me. I decided to ignore it and just do as I was instructed. I mean, Ive already been through so much shit in my life, whats the worst that could happen?

                                  ●

    Sandburry wasnt quite the advisable town for a vacation or a tourist attraction, well I guess it quite is if youre the type to enjoy honking cars, an atmosphere filled with smoke and other toxic gases, inconsiderable high prices and the painful absence of a class KMC.

Chicken is my second calling, my first..Im still trying to figure that out.

I fanned my face in hopes that it will help cool me down from the violent sun.

It was early June and I was already tired of the stupid weather, moreover here I was walking to and fro in that same sun trying to find my way to the damn post office.

I wish that old man realized theres something called email and it'd be completely unnecessary to make me walk to the damn post office.

I sighed for what I felt was the 100th time today and took out my phone to use Moomle Maps. Taking my phone in my hands I groaned at the sign of my missing network bars at the top of the screen

Great! You picked a perfect day to cut my data plan! I lashed out and threw my arms in the air.

Well mother universe decided to hit me with a case of instant karma. As soon as I threw my arms high it collided with someones face.

Oh my!! I am so sorry!! Oh Im so stupid! I cried out and reached out for his face.

As I cupped his face in my hands to inspect for a bruise, he gave me a bright grin and I instantly froze. such a nice face".

Why thank you He suddenly whispered, and I quickly let go of his fine face.

Oh no I said that out loud! I mentally yelled and slapped my mouth repeatedly.

Look Im honestly sorry, Im having a pretty bad day and I didnt see you there at all. My apologies I told him and he gave me another grin.

Dirty blonde hair, green eyes, tall, slender but masculine looking, wearing a white turtle neck with brown pants and a tan trench coat..he looked like money and sure heck smelt like it too.

Its alright, truly. But you mind telling me whats getting you so worked up? He asked me with a curious look on his face and I bent my head down in slight embarrassment.

Oh lovely mother universe, fuck me!

Will you by any chance know where the post office is? I asked him.

Well youre in luck milady, I was sent on an errand to a place close the post office. Would you love me to tag along? He asked me and did a tiny curtsey.

I stifled a laugh cause definitely, I was not ready to scare this man off with my raccoon screech.

I nodded and he led me in the opposite direction.

He was gentle and his laugh was very contagious.

I found myself lost in his conversation about the most random things like the stock market or his grumpy butler and even his missing Christmas stockings which he firmly believed Santa stole as a payback for eating the milk and cookies.

Soon enough I found my tired self standing right in front of the Sanburry post office.

Delivered you here safe and sound, dont you think such a brave service requires some sort of reward? He asked me out of the blue and my eyes widened.

Shit, was he asking for money? I cant show him that this good looking girl is broke! I thought and bit the inside of my mouth.

Will a thank you and a pat on the back in gratitude do the trick? I asked him and he chuckled softly.

Not quite, but a lunch date would He suggested and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

A lunch date with a guy I barely know?

My names Nicholas Colelets start from there ma'am

                                   ●

And that is how I ended up spending lunch with this hot guy and I am triple sorry that I forgot your coffee! I begged the damn straight laced guy but he didnt even spare me a glance. 

Come on Carl, I know youre secretly happy for me! I cooed and hit him gently on his arm.

He first gave me a pissed off look but that slowly turned into a gossip girl smile and he whispered, Spill. The. Tea!

His name is Nicholas Cole and hes currently an entrepreneur for this new product hes working on in Canada but he occasionally visits his cousin at his office to help around and stuff.

Ouuu, a worker, traveler and a helper! Carl chimed in and we both let out some girlish giggle.

Just then we heard someone clear their throat behind us and we quickly turned like children who were caught stealing the last piece of chocolate cake. Before us stood my dad giving me especially a very disappointed look.

Melissa He called and I quickly stood in an attentive stance.

In three days youll go back to the post office and get back the envelope. Youll meet me exactly in my office by 12:00pm and well discuss a very important matter. Is that understood, child?

Yes sir I replied and he walked away without another word.

Carl and I turned to look at ourselves and then he finally blurted, Is he daddy material?

Thank you for reading

(GOT7 girls girls girls)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 11.7K 63
"At this point, I'll be grateful for your pieces." ***** Jessica Franklin is at her wit ends, literally. With two sist...
360K 11.4K 25
"Dear Diary Now there is nothing but uncertainty around my future. I got married, to Ethan Carter.The merger that let us to this pinnacle came at a c...
34.6K 1.1K 35
He stepped even closer so close that our nose was touching and I could feel his minty breath on my face. Oh no wrong move. "I was just cleaning it"...
187K 8.3K 107
"TIME of death?" "2:38am" *********** Elijah Carson black the number ONE player! He doesn't care about love unless it comes to his family. He's got T...