Irreplaceable (BWWM - Book #1...

By Cocoa47

Kamea Palu surprises her boyfriend, Reed, of three years on their anniversary only to find out he is cheatin... More

Chapter 1 - Caught In The Act
Chapter 2 - The Breakup
Chapter 3 - First Impressions - Part 1
Chapter 4 - First Impressions - Part 2
Chapter 5 - Who Are You?
Chapter 6 - Trouble Is Brewing
Chapter 7 - Oh My Goodness! How Could You?!
Chapter 8 - You Are A Wanted Man, Reed!
Chapter 9 - Kamea, Please Wake Up!
Chapter 10 - Big Trouble Ahead
Chapter 11 - The Road to Recovery
Chapter 12 - Trust
Chapter 13 - What Is Going On?
Chapter 14 - Getting Better
Chapter 15 - Welcome Back, Sweetheart
Chapter 16 - It's Official
Chapter 17 - First Date - Part 1
Chapter 18 - First Date - Part 2
Chapter 19 - The First Night
Chapter 20 - Rivals Meet
Chapter 21 - Not Again
Chapter 22 - Surprise
Chapter 23 - Long Time No See
Chapter 24 - Drama Drama Drama
Chapter 25 - Guess Who Is In Town
Chapter 26 - Trip to Italy
Chapter 27 - He's Here Too?
Chapter 28 - New Love & Trouble
Chapter 30 - The Bachelorette Party
Chapter 31- The Wedding is Here
Chapter 32 - Reception Time
Chapter 33 - Devastated
Chapter 34 - Goodbye, Jayde
Chapter 35 - Repast Trouble & The Gender Reveal
Chapter 36 - Miranda Is Back
Chapter 37 - Baby Shower #1
Chapter 38 - Wedding #2?
Chapter 39 - Trip to Milan
Chapter 40 - The Answer Is
Chapter 41 - He Is At It Again
Chapter 42 - What Happened To Layla
Chapter 43 - Layla's Bodyguard Arrives
Chapter 44 - It's Showtime
Chapter 45 - It's Reception Time
Chapter 46 - Back to Jamaica We Go
Chapter 47 - New York, New York
Chapter 48 - Baby Shower #2 Part 1
Chapter 49 - Baby Shower #2 Part 2
Chapter 50 - The Babies Are Coming
Chapter 51 -Isabella and Kekoa Are Here
Chapter 52 - Another One Bites The Dust
Chapter 53 -The Grand Openings
Chapter 54 - It's Our Anniversary
Chapter 55 - The Wedding Is Here
Chapter 56 - Going Back To Cali - Part One
Chapter 57 - Going Back To Cali Part Two
Chapter 58 - Going Back To Cali Part Three
Chapter 59 - Trouble In NYC
Author's Note
Chapter 60 - Terror and Surprise
Chapter 61 - Baby On The Way
Chapter 62 - Who Was Kidnapped?!
Chapter 63 - Where Are They?
Chapter 64 - Good Riddance To Chase
Chapter 65 - Back Together Again
Author's Note
Chapter 66 - What Happened To Cris?
Chapter 67 - It's A Party!
Chapter 68 - Uh-Oh Part 1
Chapter 69 - Uh Oh Part 2
Epilogue

Chapter 29 - The Rescue

3.4K 190 137
By Cocoa47

Jake's POV

Cris tried dialing my phone, but I couldn't answer it because I was trying to keep up with the Suburban. So, then he tried Kam's number, which is programmed in the Escalade.

So, I just started talking. "Cris, it happened so fast. Kam was coming out of her doctor's office. And as I started approaching her, this guy walked up to her, grabbed her, and put a surgical knife to her throat. They drove off in a red Chevy Suburban. I am in Kam's truck now on their tail."

"Jake, get my wife! I don't care how you do it. I want her back!"

"I promise you. I will get her back!" Then, Cris hung up.

These people were ducking in and out of traffic, but I kept up with them. I kept blowing the horn so people would get out of the way. "Move!" I know the people couldn't hear me, but I made sure they heard the horn.

I may be a tough guy, but tears started streaming down my face as I kept driving. Kam finally has what she wants and is pregnant. Then this happens? I have to find her and fast! I was right on their tail, and then all of a sudden, this stupid slowpoke turned in front of me. I had my hand on that horn, screaming for them to move. "Move out of the freaking way!"

I saw the Suburban make a right turn. "Screw this!" I wound up driving on the sidewalk and made the right turn. "Dang, I think I lost him."

I kept driving until I saw the abandoned Suburban. It pulled off into an abandoned building's parking lot. So, I stopped the truck and got out. I called Cris and told him to call the police and gave him the location. "Cris, whoever took Kam is not bright. So, I can safely say it is not that Chase character."

"I think it is that Reed guy." I thought to myself as I searched the building. I need to be careful. Who knows how many people he has with him?

Reed's POV

I think we lost them when that car turned in front. Kam was screaming at the top of her lungs as I dragged her into the building. "Shut up! It's too late to scream now! Cris is never going to find you!"

Dang, I let that slip. I doubt she knows who I am. "Ouch! You just bit me!" I smacked her in the face.

"Why did you make me smack you? It's your own fault." I should have gagged her, but it's not too late. I threw her on the bed in the room she was being kept in.

"Who are you, and why are you doing this to me? Whoever you are, please let me go! I'm pregnant! And I think I have to throw up!"

"You see, Kam, I can't let you go! You owe me! That should be my baby!"

"How do you know who I am? And I don't owe you nothing!"

"You do owe me! You gave it up to Cris, but not me! That should be my baby, not his!" She put two and two together and knew who I was.

"Reed? Why are you doing this? Let me go!"

"No! I am going to take from you what you should have given to me in the first place."

"Where in the hello do you get the idea that I owe you for sex? Shouldn't I be the one to determine who gets my body?! You tried to kill me by pushing me down the stairs over some freaking clothes you left at my house for a year! If they were so important, you would have been got them! Then, you burned my house to the ground! Like I said, 'I don't owe you anything!' You owe me for three wasted years of a relationship!"

"What do you mean 'burn your house down?' I never did that! Take that back!" I walked over to her and smacked her again. Kam started crying again. "See what you made me do?"

"Stop lying to me, Reed! If you didn't, then who did it?! Look, I really need to throw up!!" 

"You better take that back because I didn't do it!"

"I would rather die than have your baby! You cheated on me, remember? You're crazy if you think I am going to let you touch me!"

"Kam, I am not asking you - I'm just going to take what you owe me!! You were supposed to stay single and not marry Cris. You were never supposed to replace me!! You gave him your virginity, which should have been mine! And, now, I am angry!"

"My virginity was NEVER yours for the taking! It was mine to give to the man that I love! And that was Cris!"

"I found some rags to tie her up and gag her mouth."

"Good. Start with her mouth because I am tired of it! And you are one to talk about cheating! Here you are supposed to be married, yet you are out and about with another man! What does that make you?"

"Unlike you, cheating is not in my vocabulary! I love my husband and would never, ever cheat on him! I don't owe you an explanation!!"

"Cut the crap, Kam! Admit it. You're cheating!

"Believe what you want to believe!"

Kam started punching and screaming as my partner in crime walked over to her. He was able to overpower her and tied her hands and feet to the bed. He was about to gag Kam's mouth, but she started throwing up.

"Reed, please let me go!! I don't feel good."

"Soon, I am going to have what I want, and Cris will not be able to do anything about it. You can whimper all you want, but it is not going to work. I just have to wait until you finish throwing up."

Jake's POV

This building is huge. I didn't wait for Cris and the police. I have to find Kam and fast! Who knows what happened to her by whoever kidnapped her? I searched the first floor, but nothing. I went to the second floor, but nothing.

I heard the police sirens, so they finally arrived. I went up to the third floor, but nothing again. When I went up to the fourth floor, I heard two male voices talking.

"She's hot! Once Reed is done with her, I think I want a turn at her." Then the other guy said, "Why not take turns?" 

These two are going down. 

They had their backs turned, so I jumped them from behind. In between punches, I told them, "You will not lay a hand on Kam! I guarantee it!"

"It's two against one. You are not going to last long!"

I use my Karate training to take one down. I shook it off and said, "Hmm, looks like it is equal now." The dude started running. "You aren't going anywhere."

I had him in a chokehold, and before I finished him off, I asked, "Where did he take my friend?" He shook his head as if to say he wasn't answering. Then, I tightened my grip on his neck, about to finish him off. He then gasped. "On the eighth floor. Use the elevator." I dropped him like a hot potato and took the elevator to the 8th floor.

Reed's POV

"Dang, Kam, when are you going to finish throwing up, so I can get my taste?"

"You try having two babies in your stomach and see how it feels. You will never touch me physically. Never!" 

"We'll see about that!"

Just as she finished, I started making my move toward her. "Enough already! Get ready to be taken to paradise."

"Help me!!"

"Nobody knows you are here, Kam, so shut it!!"

All of a sudden, I heard commotion outside of the room. "Wait right here."

"Like I am going anywhere, you idiot!!" 

When I looked out the door, it was the guy with her at the hospital. He was fighting with my buddy. "Shoot, I better hurry up."

Jake's POV

Man, this guy is tough. He got in a few punches, but I finally took him out.

"Get off of me, Reed!!" I heard Kam screaming and followed her screams.

I opened the door to see that this dude was about to violate her. I ran over to Kam and pushed Reed off of her.

Kam looked up with sorrow in her eyes, "Jake, please help me! I don't feel so good."

I saw what she meant - vomit was all over the floor. I didn't care, so I untied the ropes that were on her hands and feet.

This fool tried to escape, but I wasn't having any of that. "Where do you think you are going?" I pushed and punched him away from Kam. "Not so tough now, are you?"

He tried to sucker punch me, but it didn't work. "You are nothing but a coward! You tried to kill Kam by pushing her down the steps! And now, you are trying to assault her sexually?!!" I just kept beating this guy to a pulp.

Cris came in, but I didn't see the police. I heard him yell, "Jake, I want him alive!! He is going to pay for hurting Kamea."

Cris' POV

I ran over to my queen and saw the hurt in her eyes. She was worn out, and from the looks of it, her morning sickness kicked in. "Sweetheart, did he?"

"No, he didn't. Cris, it's Reed. He tried, but Jake came in just in time. He smacked me in my face several times because I resisted and bit him. My wrist and ankles hurt from the rope being tied so tight."

Needless to say, I was livid. I picked up Kamea and carried her out of the room. "Jake, lock him up and make sure he doesn't escape! I am going to make sure he never hurts Kamea again!" Jake nodded and tied up a bloodied Reed. He deserves everything that is about to come his way.

I got on the elevator and made my way downstairs. I found one of the police officers and told them to call off the search. "I need to get my wife to the hospital now! The guy you are looking for disappeared."

I lied, knowing full well that piece of crap was upstairs. But I am going to take care of him once and for all. We were then rushed to the hospital to make sure my beautiful wife and children were okay.

Once we reached the hospital, Kamea was whisked away beyond where I could go. I was ushered to the waiting room. I hated that I couldn't be with her. 

One hour later.

Doctor Sanchez came into the waiting room to talk to me. "Cris, Kamea, and the babies are going to be okay. She has a severe case of morning sickness. I gave Kamea what is called a 'Sea-Band.' It is a wristband that uses acupressure pulse points to fight her nausea. And I also recommend getting her what is called 'Preggie Pops.' They are lollipops in assorted flavors that are known to reduce nausea. I want to keep her overnight for observation. Also, she told me she did not have anything to eat since breakfast. So, we have her hooked up to a feeding tube to get some nutrition in her. You are welcome to see her now And stay overnight. I'll show you to her room."

"Thank you." We walked out of the waiting room towards' Kamea's room.

As I was about to walk into her room, Doctor Sanchez said, "I'll come back later to check on her."

As I walked into her room, I noticed Kamea looked exhausted and was staring into space. She heard the door open and turned around. Then, she started talking. I started caressing her cheeks and moving her hair out of her face.

"It happened so fast. As I was coming out of Doctor Sanchez's office, I felt myself being grabbed from behind, and he put a surgical knife to my throat. I didn't recognize who it was a first. But, later, I found out it was Reed. He slapped me in the face a few times. Those ropes were tied really tight on my ankles and wrists, so I got some pain medication for that. And, she gave me something to take for my morning sickness."

I was pissed!! Kamea started crying while telling me the next part. "He was just about to assault me, but Jake came running into the room. Another thing he said was that he didn't set the house on fire."

"If he didn't do it, that means Candi had somebody do it." She is dead meat too. 

"Sweetheart, Reed, Candi, and Chase will be dealt with. I promise you."

"I don't know how you are going to deal with him, but I got something to say to him. I want him to suffer just like he made me suffer."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. Thankfully my babies are okay. Who knows what damage he could have done? But I want him to hear what I have to say. He has hurt me enough!"

"We will wait a few days because you need your rest." Immediately after I said those words, Kamea fell right to sleep.

I made a few calls to have Reed's punishment held for a few days. I called Marissa as well to let her know the plan. Then, I fell asleep right next to her.

***************************

Tuesday

That 'Sea Band' device already started to help because she didn't get up one time. Doctor Sanchez came in once to check on Kamea, and I asked her a question, "There is no easy way to ask this, but is there another doctor that you would recommend for Kamea to go to? After this incident, I do not want her setting foot in this hospital again."

"Listen, it is understandable after what Kamea has been through. And I have a friend who would be great as Kamea's doctor. I'll give her a call to see if she has an open spot for a new patient. I'll come back later. And I will have Kamea's release papers as well."

"Thank you, Doctor Sanchez," Kamea said before she fell back to sleep.

Later in the day.

Jake's POV

I went to visit Kam to make sure she was okay and to apologize for yelling at her. But I felt I had to because some dangerous people are still after her. As I approached Kam's room, I heard her and Cris talking. Here it goes.

"Hey, I came by to see if you were okay and to apologize for yelling at you earlier in the day."

"Yelling about what?" Cris then said with an agitated look on his face. 

"I'll explain it, Jake. And you don't have to apologize. I am the one who needs to apologize."

Cris turned back to Kamea with the same agitated look. 

"I had Jake sit in the truck while I took Día and Rocco to their class. As I saw them go in and turn around to leave, some teacher started asking questions about them. But I knew what he was trying to do, so I told him to back off and that I was happily married. As I walked out the door, the teacher ran up to me and grabbed my arm, trying to apologize. Jake saw it and confronted the teacher. As we were walking back to the truck, Jake said I should have let him come with me, and how what if the teacher did more than grab my arm."

Cris still had that agitated look on his face while Kam continued. 

"I gave him lip about it, and that is when Jake yelled at me about listening to him and that he was my bodyguard."

I was about to leave, but Cris said, "Jake, don't go." I felt bad for Kam, but she needs to understand the severity of the situation. And, he went full name on her.

"Kamea Malia Fiore, Jake had every right to yell at you! When Jake first came, didn't I tell you to listen to him?" 

"Yes, but I did-" Kam put her head down when she said that.

"Look at me, woman, when I am talking to you! I didn't hire Jake just to sit in your truck! Jake is to go with you everywhere, understand?! My gosh, Kamea, Reed, Candi, and Chase are crazy! And now you're pregnant! He needs to be with you now more than ever! Thanks to Jake for reaching you in time, or else Reed would have succeeded! Let Jake do his job, for goodness' sake!!

Kam started to cry again, and Cris hugged her. "Sweetheart, listen to me and listen to Jake. I will do everything to protect you. I can't live with myself if I lose you and our babies. Jake cares about you too. Let him do his job, understand? I love you, Kamea." 

Kam looked up and said, "I'm sorry, Jake. I promise to listen to you. And, I'm sorry handsome." Cris kissed her forehead as Kam's doctor came into the room.

"Here is the doctor's name, and she is accepting new patients, so I am going to send over your records. Also, here is her number and a supply of the lollipops. Cris, here are Kamea's release papers. I just need you to sign them, and Kamea is free to go. Kamea, good luck with your pregnancy, and it was a pleasure to have you as a patient."

"Thank you, Doctor Sanchez." And she left out of the room.

"I don't have a change of clothes to go home in."

"Oh, here, Kam. This is the outfit you let Briana borrow. She wanted me to give them to you. I'll meet you both outside." And I walked out the door.

***************

Narrator's POV

Two days later, it was doomsday for Reed.

*************************

Kam's POV

I couldn't wait for this day. Reed is going to get what he deserves for hurting me. Cris gave me my shot, and I took my kids to school. This time, I let Jake come with me. I do not want to face Cris' wrath again.

After we dropped the twins off, Cris told me to drive back home so we could drive together. We drove back to the abandoned building where I was held at. The memories of that day started flooding back to me, and I grabbed Cris's arm.

"Are you okay, Kamea?"

"Just driving up to this place brought back memories of Monday." 

"Are you going to be okay doing this?"

"As long as you are standing there with me, I will be okay."

"We moved him to another room on the 8th floor," Cris said as we walked to the elevator. I'm surprised the elevator still works. As soon as we reached the 8th floor, we walked to the room where Reed was being held. Jake, Marissa, and several of his security detail were there.

Cris asked me, "Sweetheart, do you want to go first?"

"Yes. I want to get out of here fast." So, I took a deep breath and let Reed have it.

"This one is for cheating on me!" 'Pow!' I punched him right in his mouth.

"This one is for a three-year, wasted relationship!" 'Pow!' I then kicked him in his 'jewels.'

I did an upper-cut punch to his face. "That was for pushing me down the stairs!"

"Save some for me, Kam," Marissa hollered.

"And this last one is for kidnapping me to try and assault me!" 'Pow!' Right in his eye.

Then, I grabbed Cris's arms to wrap around my waist and said to Reed, "At one time, I really thought you were special to me. But your cheating was a blessing. Then, you had the audacity to tell me you were 'Irreplaceable.' For a moment, I did think that. But Reed, I did find my Mr. Irreplaceable - Cristiano Amadore Fiore."

"The day I met Cris at his club was the best day of my life. I didn't realize it at the time because of trust issues. He loved me since that day and waited for me. Not only did he love me, but his kids loved me. They took me in and opened their hearts to me. It didn't take me long to realize that I loved them. We got married and had the best sex ever. And because of that night, I am now pregnant with his kids. For you to think I owed you my virginity is absolutely absurd! Like I said, I don't owe you anything! My mind, body, and soul belong to Cris only! I hate you for what you did to me! Thank goodness my babies are okay. I almost feel sorry for what you are about to get. But, you know what? Screw you, Reed! You deserve it! Now, I'm done."

"Jake, get Kamea out of here!" Then, Jake and I walked out of the room.

Marissa's POV

"Marissa, you're up next!" Cris said to me.

"Gladly!" I walked up to Reed and punched him square in his mouth.

"How dare you hurt my cousin and try to ruin her life! Kam deserves to be happy, and Cris does that for her!"

'Pow!'

"Then, what really pissed me off was you putting Kam in the hospital over some freaking clothes! You were a model, for goodness' sake! Buy more!"

I put my foot in gear and kicked! Right in the family jewels. "Then, this latest turn of events of you kidnapping her to assault her sexually! Well, you will never be assaulting anyone else again. Goodbye, Reed!" I stayed in the room, so I could watch him suffer.

Cris' POV

"Say goodbye to your life, Reed. You will never see another day again! You not only put Kamea's life in danger but also my children that she is carrying!" I motioned for one of my security detail to start whacking.

He started screaming because of the pain. "Shut it!! Like Kamea said, you tried to kill her by pushing her down the stairs, putting a surgical knife to her throat, and kidnapping her because you thought she owed you her virginity? Whack him again!" That was mine and for me only."

"I told you at the nightclub that if you hurt her again, I would make you suffer! You are never going to hurt Kamea or anyone else again! Finish him off! I can't stand the sight of him."

"With pleasure, Cris." He screamed and screamed until he could scream no more. For some odd reason, I enjoyed watching him suffer. I just wanted to see him in pain after what he did to Kamea.

"I don't care what you do with what is left. But get him out of here! Let's go, Marissa."

"Next up is Candi."

Jake and Kamea were sitting in the truck talking to each other. "Reed is officially done." Then, Marissa and I got in the truck, and we pulled off to go home.

*************************

Thank you all for taking the time to read chapter 29.

The picture is courtesy of Pixabay. And thank you for your votes, comments, and support! 😘😘😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9M 297K 74
Heather Drake is a 22 year old who is hiding from her past and trying to start a new life in California. She is going to be starting with a new caree...
4K 151 36
"We agreed. If I won, you'd marry me someday." "Why'd you wanna marry me, anyhow?" I ask. "So, I can do this for the rest of our lives," he stops wal...
Estella By AVI

General Fiction

85.2K 1K 12
Estella had learnt life to be unpredictable and cruel at a very young age. But she had never prepared herself to have everything she ever dreamed of...
171K 6.6K 64
"You don't have to keep reminding me that I'm a mistake and that I ruined your life. I'm not sorry for meeting you that day. I needed to. My life was...