Professional Jacka*s

By apricitys

"What's your name?" "You can call me 'yours'," he paused, "or a professional jackass." Ryan Key, the iconic c... More

characters
@ trio texts
@ trio texts; 02
@ trio texts; 03
@trio texts; 04
01; 3 boys and a lollipop
03; bear diner
04; more like bae-yonce
@ texts from: ryan to: juni
05; a little dreaming moment
06; you look fruity
07; click
@ trio texts; 05
08; not a friend that's a boy
09; blinding blonde hair
10; so here is our plan
11; is this her period talking?
12; skinny
13; it's fine
14; she's literally perfect
15; just company
16; fake to me
17; you're going to make me cry
18; the fish are swimming
19; oh
20; 5 AM
21; black scrunchie
22; please don't cry
23; you owe me
24; happy birthday, by the way
25; i'm sorry
26; i'm sorry part 2

02; mercy's golden boy

3.7K 169 47
By apricitys

02; mercy's golden boy

"So what happened?" Leah asks, nudging my arm as we were standing by my locker. I lifted my eyebrows at her, and sucked on the lollipop.

Then it occurred to me.

I smiled sheepishly at her, "Well, he knows you exist."

Not even a second passes by until I hear her whine.

"Man, he really doesn't like me then," she pouts, staring off in front of her while tossing her hair behind her.

A soft smile appeared on my lips. I grabbed her arms from both sides and shook her slightly, "You're too pretty to weep over Jacob."

"Yeah, yeah," she shook it off, crossing her arms and childishly stomped. She immediately forgets about the situation when her eyes landed upon my lips, "Where'd you get that lollipop from?" she pauses, "Ryan?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and took a step back, defending myself by shaking my head filled with lies.

She innocently points at the lollipop stick, "Ryan is the only kid in the world that eats lollipops."

Her confused face expression soon turned into a devious smirk, causing my cheeks to slightly warm up.

I scoffed cooly, "Come on, lollipops are not a 'Ryan' thing." I shamelessly came up with excuses as I took the lollipop out of my mouth, looking at it before plopping it back into my mouth, "I just bought a pack of them yesterday." I lied.

"Huh," she says, as I watch her chin tilt forward.

Before she concludes any further, I slammed the locker closed and immediately turned my back towards her, walking towards the end of the hall.

"Juniper!" she calls, catching up to me.

"Let's go to their baseball game," she cooed, linking her arm with mine.

Immediately, I shook my head, "I can't."

Being in just one class with those boys is already enough on my schedule. Aside from that, baseball is such a boring sport to watch. Unless I'm watching Buster Posey running around with his tight pants on, nothing is worth it.

"Oh of course you can," she winks, "give me three reason why."

"I have homework."

"We made a deal remember," she pointed at my blazer, "I'm doing your homework for the entire week."

I bit the lollipop nervously as the candy cracks, "I have to call my dad." I lied.

"No you don't."

We both blinked at each other.

I groaned in defeat as she beams in happiness.

Coming up with excuses are my worst enemies. Something about telling a lie, to tell another lie just puts so much pressure on my back.

"Fine," I mumbled, "But we're leaving thirty minutes before the game ends."

I watched her eyebrows pressing together, "Why?"

Smiling at her, I pointed towards the direction of one of the school exits, "Bear diner's happy hour."

"Smart," she points at me.

Bear diner is about a ten minute walk from school campus. Almost every student attending Kennedy High stops by the diner to hang out during lunch, after school and games. It's where Leah and I first bonded and discovered that we were literally another half of each other's.

Passing by the trash can, I tossed the lollipop stick into it, then followed her out of the hallway.

Our sports teams are top tier. Although the population for our private school is extremely small, the sports advisor managed to argue our school's way up to sports Division 1. Many public schools hate us. They tricked themselves to believe that we bought our way into top division.

"Do I look okay?" Leah asks me.

Her navy blue hair was pinned straight, beautifully flowing behind her as we walked. Her uniform blouse was neatly tucked in, while the blazer completed her outfit. With the matching green plaid skirt stopping by her mid thigh and long white socks that stopped just above her kneecap.

Everyone in this school looked the same.

"You look fine," I reassured her.

I was amused, watching her pat down her uniform as if it was going to make any difference on our ugly uniforms.

"What if I catch the ball he bats?" she fantasizes, looking up at the sky as her fingers intertwined with her other hand, pressing against her chin. Her eyes were full of sparkles and twinkling lights.

She's so in love.

I rolled my eyes at her childish actions, while pushing the door of our hallway exit.

I sighed at the sight of the students, lined up outside the fences leading to the bleachers. On the opposite end of the field, there were students dressed in burgundy red uniforms, also waiting for the doors of the fence to open up.

"Is that Mercy?" I nudged Leah.

She nods, "I heard they're bad."

As she answers, I felt someone's presence on the right side of my body.

A boy with messy jet black hair, a mix of hazel green eyes and a noticeably sharp jawline approaches me with a strong confused expression.

"Hey," he introduces.

"Hi," I responded, shortly and awkwardly.

"Do you know where the guys locker room is at?" he casted a whitened, small smile.

If a smile can kill a person, I'd be murdered. My heart rammed against my chest, and I was sure my cheeks were bright red. A smile slightly appeared on my lips, and I could feel my back heating up from his presence.

No words slipped out of my mouth. Instead, I pointed towards the brick building on the other side of the field.

"Thanks," he releases a soft chuckle before turning towards his destination.

He was wearing Mercy High's burgundy red blazer, with black slacks and dress shoes. He had his backpack loosely hung over one shoulder, while his duffel bag crosses his body and annoyingly covers his behind. His body was toned. Through the thick material of the school jacket, you can still see the arm muscles that can possible rip through the fabric.

My mind was a blur until I felt a tug on my arm. I looked over at Leah who was completely focused on squeezing us between the crowd of students heading towards the bleachers.

We were situated on front row bleachers, apparently the best seats in the stadium. I highly doubt that's true.

After everyone was seated, the team members of both sides starts to appear one by one.

"He's so hot!" I heard her squeal, clutching onto my arm as my eyes landed right jet black hair.

My body softened from his appearance. He coincidentally lock eyes with me across the field. A smile appeared on his face before he quickly breaks the contact, jogging towards the benches where his coach was huddling the team.

"He is," I responded, unaware.

"What?" she was taken aback.

Her big brown eyes were slightly offended.

I laughed, realizing my mistake, "No," I defended.

Then I pointed at the boy in the field, standing behind the rest of his teammates.

"Number six," I bit my lower lip, looking over at Leah.

"He's okay," she shrugs.

Now I was offended.

"What?" I slightly sat back.

"He's okay," she says again.

"No way," I chuckled, "You like Jacob."

"Yeah, the hot dirty blonde with the brown eyes," she describes, "he's hot."

"He's not hot," I argued.

"He is so hot," she emphasized.

"We've been in the same school with them for nearly four years," I explained, "Ryan, Jacob, and Caleb could be voted for the most annoying trio in Kennedy High."

Leah laughs, "That's so true."

I couldn't help but smile.

"But that doesn't change the fact that Jacob is hot."

"Oh god, Leah."

- - -

Within the first thirty minutes, my chin was already resting on my palm. My eyes were tracing the body of number six, however nothing interesting really occurred on the field that caused me to be on the edge of my seat.

In the corner of the field, I can see three boys from our school standing and joking around with our baseball coach.

I could easily recognize Ryan with his tall figure, platinum blonde hair slightly sticking out from the sides of his baseball cap, and especially that lollipop stick that was sticking out of his mouth like a toothpick.

Who sucks on a lollipop during a game.

He had his arms crossed in front of his chest, a wide smile on his face as he listens to his coach telling a dramatic story that resulted in him throwing his hands and the three boys laughing and stumbling from their places.

The coach glances at his clipboard then looks back up at Ryan. He grabs the end of Ryan's lollipop, and tosses it only the grass as he approaches towards another group of boys in the team.

All that Ryan has done afterwards, was look at the floor, pick up the trash and toss it into the trashcan while the trio makes their way back to the bench.

- - -

hey there

how do you like it so far?

< 3

pls vote and comment because i love reading your guys comments

x apricitys

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 4.7K 31
"Leave me alone you ass nugget!" I call over my shoulder. "April stop! And did you really just call me an ass nugget?" he replies, scurrying after me...
137K 2.9K 21
Two different personalities meet in one class. The goody-two shoes, Daniella Louise, and the popular bad boy, Carter Parks. Being completely aware th...
1.5K 60 21
Ryan was adored by everyone. A perfect son, a good and polite student and always respectful. The only downside? His hatred for homosexuals. Since bir...
511K 25.9K 59
"Who do you think you are? You are just some nerd." He sneered at me, looking down at me like he already owned this place. I chuckled at his ignoranc...