The Shifter

By teamseth97

Myra Evans is a sixteen year old. At her first shift in front of the whole pack with everyone else, she shift... More

The Shifter
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue

Chapter 19

1.3K 68 9
By teamseth97

Myra's P.O.V.

The days that passed weren't too bad. I couldnt sleep very well and the babies all fussed a lot. Harper started to babble and Jacob's eyes started turning. From the looks of our drive, we were heading north west. The weather didn't cooperate much. It snowed most days but it was never to bad to drive in.

This time in the car with Rick had made us friends, almost. He told me why he had helped us. Apparently his mate was a werewolf from my pack many years before. He became a good friend of my father's and Aspen, so when things got bad for them, he offered to help. The hunter community never found out about his mate. His mate died during the birth of their second child. He believes that the reason he survived the ordeal was due to his genetics. He was a full hunter and apparently, their bodies weren't physically affected by the loss of their mate. His first child is blended in with my pack, but he can't tell me who she is until I am officially Alpha.

----------

"Wake up!" Rick said as he shook me gently. "We're here."

I opened my eyes and looked out of the windshield. To my disbelief, a large two-story, off-white house stood. It had a balcony on the second floor and a beautiful garden on each side. "Wow," I said in awe. "Where's Aspen?" I asked.

"He's inside. They're all inside." He stepped out of the car. "Come on. We'll grab the babies, talk with them for a minute, and then we can all get the stuff out of the trunk." 

I opened my door and stepped out. "Can you get Jacob and Harper? They're on your side."

"Kay."

I leaned down and pulled out Amelia. Her seat was really heavy and she was awake so I pulled her out of her seat. She'd be hungry soon. I held her against my shoulder and glanced at Rick. He was holding a seat in each hand. "Got it?" I asked.

He smiled and nodded. "Come on. Let's not keep them waiting," He urged. 

We walked to the door and I lifted my hand up to knock, but paused hesitantly.

"Go on."

I knocked three times and in a matter of seconds, the door opened. A handsome young man answered the door. "Aspen?" I asked.

"Myra," He gasped. "I feel like I'm looking at an - uh - a female version of myself!"

I giggled. "Yeah. Same here." I laughed. "I mean-except- you're not female! You're male!" I giggled nervously.

"Well. Come in, come in!" He moved to the side. "I want you to meet my family!"

"Of course!" I moved inside quickly.

"Nice to see you again, Rick!" Aspen greeted.

"Yes! Very nice!"

The door closed behind us and Aspen gestured us towards the couch. "I'll go get Sophia and the kids." He trampled up the stair calling for them. 

Amelia squirmed and started to cry. I lifted my shirt, unhooked my bra and began to feed her.

I heard footsteps come down the stairs, followed by crying babies and a whining four-year-old. "Mommy! Please! Just one cookie!"

"No! You already had four!" She replied sternly. She turned the corner and smiled. "Myra!" She exclaimed, "Ive heard," she laughed, "Absolutely nothing about you!" She laughed lightly. Aspen came around the corner holding a twin one each shoulder.

"How old are they?" I asked. "They look to be at least one!"

"Actually, they are only ten months old! They were born kind of big!" Sophia said. She sat next to me on the couch. "What about your babies?"

"Three weeks."

"They're big!" Sophia laughed. "Maybe hybrids grow faster."

I laughed. "Maybe. Those are Jacob and Harper over there, and I've got Amelia under my shirt."

Aspen smiled. "These are Morgan and Eva. They were quite the surprise. And this guy is Evan, Evan Evans. Sophia insisted upon it."

Evan jumped up, showing his baby teeth in a wide smile. "I like my name!" He said.

"How do you guys do all this stuff, being in hiding and all?" I asked.

"We just don't go to the doctor! What's meant to be will happen!"

I dropped my mouth open. "Isn't that dangerous?"

Sophia smiled. "Werewolves only need doctors for severe injuries! The only reason werewolves see doctors while pregnant is to see how the baby is doing and the sex. We are all perfectly healthy so we don't need doctors."

Amelia released, and I brought her out from under my shirt. I burped her on my shoulder. 

"But you aren't a werewolf, Myra! Rick told me," Aspen laughed. "You're a shifter, right?"

My stomach dropped. "Y- yeah."

"Oh! I've never met a shifter!" Sophia beamed. "What can you shift into? Can you control it? Is it fun?"

My eyes widened as Sophia came up with a whole list of questions. "Uh."

"Sophia!"Aspen snapped. "Leave my sister alone! Or at least give her a little time to answer each question."

Sophia smiled apologetically. She gathered all of her platinum hair in her hands and pulled it over her shoulder. "Sorry! Sometimes I just get a little carried away." She combed her fingers through her hair. "So can you control your shifting?" She took in a deep breath.

"Kinda. I have to concentrate really hard, though."

Evan sat down crisscross in front of me. "I saw mommy shift. She said I do that too one day!" His green eyes were filled with excitement. "She has beautiful wolf! But you have more than wolf, right?"

I smiled. "I can do a lion!"

Evan's eyes widened, "Wow! Will you show me? Please!" Sophia reached out and picked Evan up from under his armpits. She set him on her lap.

"She will show you soon!" Sophia tapped his nose, her brown eyes looking into his green ones.

Rick cleared his throat. "Well, I hate to burst your bubbles, but I need to get out of here, so-"

"Let's get my stuff!" I interuppted.

---------

Damen's P.O.V.

Four days had passed since Myra had left. We had completely rid the land of the intruders and assess our losses. From the looks of it, they had lost more hunters than we lost in werewolves. Six guards had died, five mateless women, and two children as well. Several pack members had minor injuries and four were admitted to the hospital with extensive injuries. Two had been captured.

We had captured twelve hunters and they had been interogated and executed. I did not agree with this but I knew that it had to be done and until I am officially Alpha, there is nothing that I can do to stop this. We had found nine corpses on the land. I recognized them from my clan but didn't know any of them personally. 

---------

"Did you do a head count, Damen?" 

"Yeah, sixty-four."

"Including those admitted to the hospital and the children?"

"Yes, sir."

Sam sighed. "Well we had seventy-seven before," He pondered. "Eleven are dead and two missing." He tapped his pen on the desk. "That seem about right." He scribbled something on a notepad. "How many casualties, not including the deaths?"

I thought for a moment. "I believe that there were forty-nine, maybe a little less."

He grunted softly. "Okay. Grab that laptop over there and log in under your ID," He said gesturing to a small table to his right. We made me a computer ID at one of our meetings.

I grabbed the laptop and logged in. "What now?"

Sam handed me a paper with names on it. "I need you to go into the shared database and mark thos people as deceased."

"You never gave me clearance to use the shared database."

"I changed it yesterday."

"Oh okay." I clicked on the link to our private website which had a stronger firewall than the government database did. I clicked on a tab that led to a list of everyone that has ever been in the pack. It was organized by last name. In ten minutes, I had our eleven dead people marked as deceased and two marked as missing. "Done," I announced.

"Okay, I need you to look at strength ranking of living members of the pack and write down the top twenty. We are going to have to do vigorous training with them and then we have to pick twelve of them." 

I nodded and typed in a search box: Alive & Power Top 20, Highest to Lowest. This specified the order and criteria of the people I was searching. It took a full week for me to get the hang of searching up names by criteria. The page loaded quickly. The list composed mostly of high ranking, male members of the pack, which wasn's surprising for a pack composed of seventy-five percent males. Sam and Maria were first on the list. Maria was given a rank of 97.2 and Sam had a rank of 94.7. The ranks were given after specific tests of strength given after they come of age and they were on a scale of one hundren. They test was conducted every five years after that.

I wrote them down and wrote their score next to their names. To my disbelief, Myra was listed next. Evans, Myra: 94.6. My jaw dropped. "Myra is on this list."

"Really? What's her score?"

"Ninety-four point six."

He laughed. "Well, I'll be damned! That's higher than I was at her age! She can't fight though, so I need you to get number twenty-one as well."

"Okay." The next eighteen people consisted of people I have never met before. Their rankings were all under ninety and dipped just below eighty. The oldest person on the list was Sam and the youngest was Myra. Most of the people were under thirty. "I'm finished with the list," I said as I wrote down the last name and score.

"Can you go get the pack to start dinner? It needs to be able to feed everyone because we are having a pack meeting in the dining hall."

I nodded and ran down the hallway. I hope Myra is doing okay.

Myra? What's going on over there? I said.

They are amazing Damen! I wish you were here! I miss you. What about you?

I sighed. Eleven wolves died and two are missing. Your father is having me help with Alpha work and we are having a pack meeting tonight. How are the babies?

Oh! They are wonderful! They have been so good and Harper has even started to make noises like she's talking to herself!

I turned a bend. "Kayla! Get a feast started! Pack meeting in the dining hall tonight!" One second, I have to talk to Kayla for a minute.

She smoothed down her skirt as she stood up. "Yes, sir," She said, giving a mock salute. "Do you mind getting the girls to come help? Emile, Saphire, and Amber are in the garden."

"Okay," I said. I tried to mind link one of them but they all held up a strong mind block. I ran out towards the garden where all of the girls were sitting and giggling about something. "Girls! Kayla needs you to help prepare a pack dinner. She's waiting for you."

Emile stood up. "Alright! Come on guys, duty awaits."

They started to follow and nodded a hello to me. I sat on the bench they were at when they walked out of sight. 

Okay, Myra. Guess where I am?

I don't know.

Our place, duh! I laughed to myself.

Oh? On the bench by the pond?

Yes. 

Uh. Well, I gotta go! Evan wants me to shift for him.

Who's Evan? I asked, a pang of jealousy running through me.

He's my nephew, Evan Evans. But I gotta go! I love you bunches! She beamed.

I love you, too.

I stood from the bench and walked over to the pond. A flurry of colorful fish greeted me. Goodnight, I said to Myra.

---------

Shorter chapter sorry! Next will be longer!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 3.5K 39
Lexi is 11 when she goes rouge. She runs away from her alpha who abuses and takes advantage of her. Her father is the beta to the blood stone pack. S...
1M 48.8K 29
*Sequel to The Unnoticed Mate* *Can be read as a stand alone* ©MadnessReverie Highest Ranking #31 in Werewolf Hailey is a daughter of an Alpha and...
Markie By RuHu

Werewolf

1.6K 92 9
All werewolves have mates. So what happens when you fall for someone before you're 18... "Hopefully hes my mate" is all Markie can think as she waits...
115K 3.6K 23
Annaleigh is 16 years old. Supposed to shift into a werewolf and find her mate. But that doesn't go as planned. Horrified at the transformation her A...