The Stepbrother

By LovelyFeminist25

Serena LaDolce has always been used to being invisible in her rich upper east side life,while coping with her... More

prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 18
Chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
Chapter 24
chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
chapter 28
Chapter 29
chapter 30
Epilogue

chapter 17

16.8K 442 21
By LovelyFeminist25

I went over to Alexis's place the next day just to avoid Adam.I didn't want to see him because I felt angry at myself for letting me get feelings for him in the first place when I knew this could never go anywhere.I was just that girl he made out with once,and who was now his step sister.And it would Always stay that way.

Finally Tuesday arrived and we got to go home,where I would no longer have to see Hailey barging into my house,and where Adam had all his friends whom he spent most of the day with.

I decided it,this was my own fault.I got Adam into my head and heart,and now I was going to have to take him out.

If Adam noticed my sudden change in attitude,he didn't say it,although he still tried to talk to me.

On that Tuesday evening,a soccer game was on.I was hoping Adam would've gone out with his friends,but he stayed home with me while mom and Peter were out grocery shopping.

"What's the score?"He asked,joining me on the same sofa I was on.

"3-1."I answered briefly,not in any mood to start a conversation with him.Sure,Adam didn't deserve for me to be rude to him,but for my own sake,I didn't want to open up to him or be close to him,because every time I was,I just wanted to tell him how I loved him and how I didn't care about how rude he was,all I cared was about the person he was when we were alone.The sweet,funny sensitive guy who made me fall head over heels for him.

"So,I'm sure you're happy your team is winning."he continued,looking at me,waiting for me to say some sassy remark.

"Yeah."Was all I said.

He sat back into the sofa and I felt his confusion of my attitude.I felt guilty,but once again,I couldn't be too close or friendly with Adam,unless I wanted to end up being more heart broken than I already was.

He stood up and just left,which shows how interested he was in my behavior.And yes,I'm being sarcastic.

By that Friday,Adam and I hadn't exchanged more than two words since that night.He noticed that I wasn't interested in talking and he obviously wasn't interested in finding the reason why.

That night,as I was getting ready to just stay home in bed and read a book,someone knocked on my door.

"Come in."I called,hoping it wasn't Adam,since I had my hair up in a messy bun and I was wearing my pajamas with little horses on them.

It was Adam.

"Hey,"He said standing in the doorway,looking so sexy in a navy and white rugby shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows,that showed his well defined body,and jeans.

"Hi."I said,sitting up,trying to look as serious as I could although I could feel the drool starting to trickle out of the corners of my mouth.

"Um,I'm going to a party and I just wanted to see if you wanted to come."He said,looking unsurely.

I hesitated for that second,but said,"Sure.I'll be ready in 15 minutes."

He nodded,still standing in the doorway.He opened his mouth to say something,but closed it again and left,shutting the door behind him.

I sighed and searched in my closet for something casual to wear.I was definitely not going to repeat the Jake's party incident with the micro mini skirt.I'm pretty sure everyone saw my underwear when Adam carried me.So i chose a pair of white shorts with a pink pintuck cami and matching sandals.

I took my hair out of its bun and it came out wavy and under control.Well,I guess I didn't have to fix my hair!

I put on chap stick and went downstairs,where Adam was waiting patiently.He looked up and took a double take of me,but cleared his throat and said"Come on."

I followed him,confused by his behavior.Some days he was plain friendly and other days he made it seem like he was...attracted to me.

Yet again,there I go giving myself false hope.

"Who's party is this?"I asked,staring out the window.

"This guy,Liam."He answered."His parents are having their annual summer vacation to try to spark up the flame between them when everyone knows the flame's been out since 2002."

I laughed,not helping how I missed Adam's light sense of humor.But then I told myself not to open up.This is what got me in this mess in the first place.

We pulled up to a big,Victorian house at the end of a dead end street,with all these cars parked on the front lawn,loud music playing,and guy's with toilet paper,ready to tp the house.

My first party in the suburbs.Just like I've seen in the movies.

"I know these parties aren't as sophisticated as your Upper East Side ones,but they're ok."Adam said lightly,expecting me to say something,but all I did was smile politely and open the door.

I followed him inside,and he introduced me to some of his friends,people I didn't know, and they all said the same thing:

"Dude,your step sister is hot!"

"Why didn't you introduce me to her sooner?!"

"Damn,you wanna dance,babe?"

Adam looked a little tense,but I was laughing at these comments.These High school guys were so funny.

Finally,I saw Tanya,Kayla and Liz and told Adam that I was fine and that he could go.

"Are you sure?"He asked."I could stay,since you barely know anyone."

"No you can go."I repeated a little seriously.

He nodded,and walked away.

"Aww,I think you hurt his feelings!"Liz said,sipping her beer,her words slurred.

I rolled my eyes,"Trust me,I didn't."

"He did look kinda hurt."Tanya agreed.

Why would he be hurt?Didn't Adam want to be away from his dumb little step sister who was in love with him?Not that he knew that,but I'm guessing he should have an idea.

"Anyways,I can't believe he broke up with Hailey."Kayla said,changing the conversation.

"About time he did."Tanya said,"Adam's a sweet guy.He wasted 2 years of his life going off and on with her."

"He told Robbie that the sex with her was great."Kayla said,"Maybe that's why he stayed with her."

Tanya looked at me,since we both knew that there was no sex going on there.

Still,I couldn't help but laugh at Adam's attempts to keep his image.Did he care that much what people thought about him that he would make up sex stories just to sound like he got action?

I shook my head,taking a drink of the beer Tanya had brought me.It was a shame someone so great like Adam had to lie about who he really was.

"Adam is sooo hot though."Liz said,biting her lip,"I wouldn't mind letting him rock my world."

Kayla smacked her playfully,"You slut!Adam's like one of our best friends.''

She shrugged dismissively,"So?It would just be a one time thing.It's not like I want a relationship with him."She set her beer on the table,"You know what,I'm going to go up to him right now and tell him that!We can do it quickly in the bathroom floor!"

She started to stagger away,seriously drunk,but Kayla and Tanya grabbed her,"You are obviously extremely drunk."Tanya said,sitting her down in a chair,"You're just gonna go make a fool of yourself."

She rolled her eyes and pouted,but stayed seated.

We stayed there chatting for at least an hour more,until I said,"Can you guys tell me where the bathroom is?"

"There's one down the hallway."Kayla told me.

I went,pushing past the thick crowd of people and turned the knob,but it was locked,probably filled with some couple making out.

I went upstairs,trying not to trip over the people sitting down.Upstairs,there's was a group of people sitting on the floor,getting high as the guy in the center played a guitar,singing "So happy together".

I stumbled past them and crashed into this guy,standing against the wall.

"Hey there,are you OK?"He asked,pulling me up.

I nodded and looked up at the guy,who looked familiar.I knew I had seen him somewhere but I just couldn't remember."Yeah thanks."

He smiled,showing perfect white teeth.He had perfect,short highlighted blond hair,and intense hazel eyes with a height of 6 feet.

He could've been insanely hot,but to me,he could never compete with Adam.

"I'm Jason."He said,extending his hand.

I shook it,"I'm Serena."

He looked at me curiously,"Are you Adam's step sister?"

I tried not to groan,"Yeah,that's me."

He smiled,"Well,you're extremely beautiful."

I smiled politely,not even blushing like I would have if it were Adam saying that."Thank you.Your face seems so familiar but I don't know from where."

He grinned,"Oh,you've probably seen me in the Crest whitening strips commercials and ads.I model for them."

No wonder his teeth were freakishly white.He probably OD'ed on so many teeth whitening products."Oh yeah,now I remember."I lied.I really didn't.

He blinked and gave me a slow smile,obviously used to girls falling at his feet.Too bad for him since I was still standing."I know we've just met and all..."

Oh god,please don't ask me out.

"...but maybe we should go out sometime?How about tomorrow night?"

I hesitated,but then again,maybe this is what I needed to help me move the hell on.

"OK.sure."

He smiled again and took my phone away from my hand(I hated when people did that) and put his number in.Then he leaned in a little too close and said,"Gawd,you're so irresistible."And he pressed his collagen filled lips against mine.

I was actually annoyed,but hell,I was used to making out with strangers so I might as well!

I started kissing him,just to suddenly hear someone clear their throat right next to me.

I pulled away quickly and saw Adam standing there,with an annoyed look on his face,his arms crossed.

"I'm leaving."He said tensely.

"I have to go."I told Jason,feeling my face on fire as Adam stood there watching.

"Can't wait until tommorow."He said,giving me a last slow smile and I trailed after Adam,shame washing over me.

When we were in the car,he practically yelled,"Jeez,you attract guys like a f*cking magnet!"

I looked at him,confused by his sudden outburst,"What the hell is your problem?First of all,no I don't,and second,even if I do,why do you care?"

He was gripping the steering wheel tight,that his knuckles were even white.I expected an explanation,anything to explain why he looked at me the way he did,why he acted this way.But no,as always,he avoided the question,shook his head and turned the car on,driving us in silence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107 1 32
Blaire is new in town and just wants to have a normal year. She never expects to run into an old friend. When Jay runs into Blaire at school, he's sh...
22K 794 20
Vera and her new husband move to Montclair, seeking a great place to start their new chapter in life, but unfortunately for them, the overly kind and...
433 26 21
This is a story about a teenage girl called Lala. Even though she often smiles with everyone, deep down, she tends to keep herself locked away in ord...
11.2K 391 42
Lea Sarah Jones ran away from the mansion just to escape from the suffering that she had to endure since she was a child. When one of her stepbrother...