Irreplaceable (BWWM - Book #1...

Par Cocoa47

Kamea Palu surprises her boyfriend, Reed, of three years on their anniversary only to find out he is cheatin... Plus

Chapter 1 - Caught In The Act
Chapter 2 - The Breakup
Chapter 3 - First Impressions - Part 1
Chapter 4 - First Impressions - Part 2
Chapter 5 - Who Are You?
Chapter 6 - Trouble Is Brewing
Chapter 7 - Oh My Goodness! How Could You?!
Chapter 8 - You Are A Wanted Man, Reed!
Chapter 9 - Kamea, Please Wake Up!
Chapter 10 - Big Trouble Ahead
Chapter 11 - The Road to Recovery
Chapter 12 - Trust
Chapter 13 - What Is Going On?
Chapter 15 - Welcome Back, Sweetheart
Chapter 16 - It's Official
Chapter 17 - First Date - Part 1
Chapter 18 - First Date - Part 2
Chapter 19 - The First Night
Chapter 20 - Rivals Meet
Chapter 21 - Not Again
Chapter 22 - Surprise
Chapter 23 - Long Time No See
Chapter 24 - Drama Drama Drama
Chapter 25 - Guess Who Is In Town
Chapter 26 - Trip to Italy
Chapter 27 - He's Here Too?
Chapter 28 - New Love & Trouble
Chapter 29 - The Rescue
Chapter 30 - The Bachelorette Party
Chapter 31- The Wedding is Here
Chapter 32 - Reception Time
Chapter 33 - Devastated
Chapter 34 - Goodbye, Jayde
Chapter 35 - Repast Trouble & The Gender Reveal
Chapter 36 - Miranda Is Back
Chapter 37 - Baby Shower #1
Chapter 38 - Wedding #2?
Chapter 39 - Trip to Milan
Chapter 40 - The Answer Is
Chapter 41 - He Is At It Again
Chapter 42 - What Happened To Layla
Chapter 43 - Layla's Bodyguard Arrives
Chapter 44 - It's Showtime
Chapter 45 - It's Reception Time
Chapter 46 - Back to Jamaica We Go
Chapter 47 - New York, New York
Chapter 48 - Baby Shower #2 Part 1
Chapter 49 - Baby Shower #2 Part 2
Chapter 50 - The Babies Are Coming
Chapter 51 -Isabella and Kekoa Are Here
Chapter 52 - Another One Bites The Dust
Chapter 53 -The Grand Openings
Chapter 54 - It's Our Anniversary
Chapter 55 - The Wedding Is Here
Chapter 56 - Going Back To Cali - Part One
Chapter 57 - Going Back To Cali Part Two
Chapter 58 - Going Back To Cali Part Three
Chapter 59 - Trouble In NYC
Author's Note
Chapter 60 - Terror and Surprise
Chapter 61 - Baby On The Way
Chapter 62 - Who Was Kidnapped?!
Chapter 63 - Where Are They?
Chapter 64 - Good Riddance To Chase
Chapter 65 - Back Together Again
Author's Note
Chapter 66 - What Happened To Cris?
Chapter 67 - It's A Party!
Chapter 68 - Uh-Oh Part 1
Chapter 69 - Uh Oh Part 2
Epilogue

Chapter 14 - Getting Better

7.6K 374 54
Par Cocoa47

Cris' POV

Kamea fell back to sleep in a matter of seconds. I tried to move her, so she would not wake up. I had to go see Mama Jayde fast.

I ran upstairs and knocked on her door. "Can I come in?"

"Sure, son-in-law, it is open."

"Something else terrible just happened. I just saw a breaking news story - Kamea's house was set on fire."

"Who in the heck did this to her?! I'll call my husband and have him meet us there."

"Okay. I will meet you downstairs in 10 minutes."

I threw on a shirt and a pair of jeans and told my mom what had happened. She said she would watch the twins.

After I was finished changing, I ran downstairs, grabbed my keys, and we left the house in my truck.

I drove fast so that we could get there quickly. We reached her house within 15 minutes. Kamea's father and sister pulled up at the same time as we did.

The firefighters were still fighting the blaze. It was bad - like a bomb had exploded.

"Who could have done this?!" Kamea's dad said very angrily.

"I can think of two people - Reed or Candi."

"I should have broken him in half when I had the chance," Kamea's dad seethed.

"Boy, does her father like breaking people in half," I gulped.

"I am the chief of the fire department. Two fire companies came to help us get this fire out. We may need more help. Do you know who lives here?"

"This is my daughter's house. Fortunately, she is not home. She is currently at her friends' house," Kamea's dad says.

"We will conduct a full investigation. But this looks like arson. What contact number can we use to call you about the investigation?"

"I can give you my number, and Cris will give his number as well," Mama Jayde told the chief. We both gave the chief our cell phone numbers.

"We will get back to you as soon as possible." Then, he walked back towards his truck.

"There is no way I can sleep after this. You all are welcome to come over to my house. There was still plenty of food from the welcome home party when I brought Kamea to my house."

"Let's go. I'll follow you." Mr. Palu said.

After everyone returned to their vehicles, we made our way back to my house.

*15 minutes later. *

When we got back to the house, I went into the bedroom to check on Kamea. She was still fast asleep, so I went back into the kitchen. Mom was up as well. She could not sleep either.

"Is Kamea's house completely destroyed?" She asked with a concerned look on her face.

"They were still fighting the fire. And the chief said they might need even more help to get it out," I said dejectedly.

"Whoever did it really wanted Kamea dead," Mama Jayde mentioned.

"Reed or Candi did this. I know it. They need to pay for this."

"Mom, can you take the twins' to school later? I am not leaving this house. And besides, tomorrow is Friday. I'll stay home through Sunday."

"Cris, we can take turns staying with her. I agree. I do not trust anyone with Kami. Who knows what another nurse would do? So, I'll take next week."

"Thanks, Noel."

************************

Narrator's POV

So, Cris stayed home with Kamea over the weekend. He called the secretary and club and told them he would be home. And, if they need anything, do not hesitate to call him.

************************

*Two weeks later. *

Cris's POV

Today is Kamea's doctor's appointment to see how she is doing with her broken leg, bruised ribs, and arm. Since her mom is staying at the house this week, she dressed her for the appointment.

Man, the temptations I had when I stayed with her were tremendously overwhelming. I took a cold shower after a cold shower. That woman is built from head to toe! So, after I got dressed, I made my way downstairs to make something to eat.

"We can leave early. I'll drop you off at the front door and then find a parking spot."

"You have to let me pay you back some way. It is very sweet of you to go through all of this for me. I really wish I could remember who you were."

"Sweetheart, you don't owe me anything. I would do it over and over. You are worth it. What would you like to do after your appointment?"

"Can I ask you something first? The teddy bears the twins gave me, were they special to them?"

"They wanted to give you their favorite teddy bears because they really like you." She thought about it for a moment.

"Hmm, do you mind stopping at the toy store so that I can get them another teddy bear? What are their favorite characters?"

"Día likes Dora the Explorer, and she likes Princess Tiana from Disney. Rocco likes SpongeBob."

"Then, it will be my mission to find them and replace what they gave me. That was special of them to do that."

"They will love it. Let us get ready to leave for your appointment." So, I helped her into the wheelchair, and we made our way out of the house to the hospital for her appointment.

**************************

*20 minutes later. *

I pulled up to the front of the hospital, got Kamea's wheelchair out of the back, and helped her out of the truck into the chair. Then I rolled her into the hospital towards the receptionist's desk.

"We are here for Kamea Palu's appointment with Doctor Weekly."

"Sure thing. Let me check her in, and I'll let you know which floor to take her to."

"Thanks. I will be right back. I need to find a parking space because I am double-parked."

"We do have valet service available for you."

I went back outside and had the valet park my truck for me, and I went back inside.

"Doctor Weekly is ready to see Kamea. You can take her up to the 8th floor and go to room 850. And the elevator is to the right."

"Thank you." We made our way towards the elevator to the 8th floor.

Doctor Weekly greeted us when we made our way to room 850.

"Good morning, Kamea. How are you feeling?"

"I feel okay. I have had a few headaches, but other than that, okay."

"What we are going to do is take you to get a CT scan. We are going to check to see how your arm and leg are healing, as well as check your brain. Also, we are going to see how your ribs are healing. I will have a nurse come to give you a gown to change into, and they will wheel you to the room. I will be right back. And, what is your name?"

"My name is Cris."

"Okay, Cris, the process may take about 2 hours. Feel free to have a seat in my office. I will show you where it is. Once Kamea is done with the MRI, it may take about an hour or two for the results to come back."

"That is fine. I can check up on my emails while I wait."

The nurse came into the room and gave Kamea a gown. I left the room and made my way to Doctor Weekly's office.

*3 hours later. *

We were all in Doctor Weekly's office as she was about to read the results.

"It has been six weeks since the accident. Kamea, your brain scan was excellent. Your arm has healed well enough that you no longer need the cast. Your leg is healing but not like I wanted it to. And your ribs are completely healed. What I am going to do is have the nurse place a leg brace on your leg and get you some crutches. I will have you come back in another two weeks to check on it. You are doing well, my dear. And when you are ready to come back to work, we will have someone help you get back on your feet."

"I work at the hospital? What did I do?"

"You worked as one of the hospitals' Dietitians. Do not rush yourself to come back. As your doctor, I want you to take as much time as you need."

"I will make sure she does."

"Now, the nurse will take you to get the leg brace and crutches. It's not going to take too much time."

The nurse came in and took her to get the brace and crutches. It took about an hour, and then they came back.

"Here is your appointment card for the next visit. Glad to see you getting better, and keep up the excellent work."

"Thanks."

We made our way out of Doctor Weekly's office and headed toward the hospital's front entrance. I gave the valet my name and told him the make of my truck. After 10 minutes, he pulled up in front of the hospital. I helped Kamea in the front seat and put the wheelchair and her crutches in the back.

"You look tired, sweetheart. Do you still want to go look for the bears and doll for Día and Rocco?"

"I do feel drained, but I still want to go. And I could use something to eat also."

We made our way to search for SpongeBob, Dora, and Princess Tiana. We went to several stores before we found them. And Kamea wanted to get them flowers as well. So, we stopped at a flower shop and picked out flowers for them. Then, we went to get something to eat. After eating, we went home.

*20 minutes later. *

When we pulled up to the house, the twins came running out.

"Daddy!! Ms. Kam!!" They hugged Kamea first, then came over to me.

"Guess what? Ms. Kam has a surprise for you in the back seat."

"She does?" So, I opened the back seat, and they screamed.

"Thank you, Ms. Kam!! We love you!!" they said in unison.

"You're welcome, and I love you guys, too," Kamea said with a smile on her face.

"Let us get inside to tell everyone the good news."

"Okay, daddy."

Kamea used her crutches to enter the house. Everyone was surprised to see the casts off from her arm and leg.

"Hey, baby girl, glad to see you no longer have the casts on," Mr. Palu said.

"The doctor said I have to come back in two weeks to check my leg again. And she said my brain scan was excellent."

"That's great news, baby. Are you hungry?"

"We ate something before we came here. I am tired, so I am going to lie down. Excuse me, everyone."

Kamea made her way to her room.

"We still have to tell her about her house. And we may have to tell her twice," Mama Jayde replied.

Her father said, "Well, Mr. Cris, here is another opportunity to prove yourself."

"I'm fine with that. I'll tell Kamea when she wakes up."

"Good boy."

I am dreading that conversation, but her father is right. I want their blessing when I am ready to propose to her.

After dinner, everyone headed home. Día and Rocco went to get ready for bed. I cleaned up the kitchen and went to watch a little tv in the living room. After a bit, I heard Kamea walking toward the living room.

"Did I wake you up?"

"Oh no. I just woke up. Do you mind if I join you?"

I patted the seat next to me, "I don't mind at all."

Kamea came and sat on the couch right next to me, and we watched tv together.

"It's going to take me a while to get used to these crutches."

"Here, I will lift your leg onto the coffee table."

"Thanks." Kamea then rested her head on my shoulder. And I wrapped my arm around her. I figured now was the best time to tell her about her house.

"Sweetheart, there is something I need to tell you." I paused for a minute before I told her.

"Remember the day I went over to your house to pick up some clothes for you?"

"That was two weeks ago, right?"

"Yes. Well, later that night, there was a fire that burned your house to the ground. There is nothing left."

"But, I thought I lived here. I wish I could remember everything." And I heard her starting to cry.

I turned around to face her. "Listen, love. You never have to worry about a place to stay. We would love to have you stay with us here."

"And I mean permanently," I mumbled to myself.

"But, I can't let you do that. You have already done so much for me. I do not want to overstay my welcome. I love the offer, but I can't."

"Please listen to me, Kamea. You can never overstay your welcome here. Día and Rocco would miss you terribly. I would miss you terribly. The house seems like it has more warmth and love with you here. One day I hope to be more than friends with you. Before your amnesia, I wanted us to be together. I still do."

"You would miss me terribly? And want to be more than friends?" She said while thinking deeply.

"Yes, I would. You are beautiful, Kamea. I cannot stop thinking about you and me being together. Not just now, but forever."

"How can I say no to that?" She paused for a minute, then said, "Yes. I am staying. There is one thing I have been longing to do since I saw you while I was in the hospital."

"What is it?"

Then, she puts her hands on my face and pulls me in for a passionate kiss.

************************************

Thank you all for taking the time to read chapter fourteen. 

The pictures are courtesy of Wikipedia Commons and Pixabay. 

And thank you for your votes, comment, and support! 😘😘😘😘

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

9.5M 289K 74
Heather Drake is a 22 year old who is hiding from her past and trying to start a new life in California. She is going to be starting with a new caree...
23.3K 283 11
18 year old Mariana May, all she was looking for was a summer job. What she didn't not expect was for her best friend brother to catch her in a most...
3.6K 148 35
"We agreed. If I won, you'd marry me someday." "Why'd you wanna marry me, anyhow?" I ask. "So, I can do this for the rest of our lives," he stops wal...