Discovering the Disguised

Galing kay Definately_maybe

Kelly Street is a stereotypical nerd. She acts like ones, talks like one and even looks like one. At school... Higit pa

Discovering the Disguised
Peaceful Walk
That Person In The Shadows
Self Portraits
Those Pesky Birds
Just A Week Away
The Pop Tart Incident
Ash And Ash
Feeling The Fame
The Pranks Continue...
Guess Who
The 12 Commandments
Awkward Bus Ride
The One And Only
Today Is The Day
The Results

Late Arrival

774 35 17
Galing kay Definately_maybe

This chapter is dedicated to 'emester' thanks for being a great reader and commenter! It means a lot to me.

Sorry for the long wait but here it is.

------------------

Jumping back into the car, I turned to Seb, "well drive!" I screeched. I know that was very impatient of me but we're already late as it is. There's no need to become even more late! The pageant is in an hour and there is so much to do before we go on. I have to do my make-up, do my hair, get my outfit on and then show people what I've got. That I am not a nobody and kick some ass.

We settle into an uncomfortable silence so I switch on the radio, eventually it blurts out the news of yesterday which means that there is no particularly good music to play on so I switch the station, until Seb growls at me. Which is when I decide, that it is probably best that I stop and turn it back to yesterday's news. He growls agains so I huff, slam the off button and sit back.

After ten minutes of this agonising silence, we finally pull up at school where I quickly thank him and dash into the building, searching for a while until I spot the girls waiting impatiently for me to arrive.

They drag me into the changing rooms and start immediately on getting me ready.

It seems that Clare has taken charge of the group and is assigning everyone to their positions. Amy on make-up, Shay on hair and herself to get the next outfit ready for when I've done a category.

First it will be swimwear, then winter, summer, casual and finally formal.

"Five minutes until start girls" some announcer called. Goodness I really was late!

I quickly changed into my swimwear, a sky blue bikini with the fringing down the front of the top and hoops round on the side of the bottoms. Along with white sunglasses, which were perched on top of my golden hair, curled into ringlets. My makeup was natural, so it looked as if I was ready to swim. With flip flops on my feet that were the same colour as my sunnies, it completed the look.

I was getting a little nervous because I knew almost every person sitting in that audience. That had never happened before. It's more scary when you know everyone.

As there was a little time to spare I glanced around at all the other girls. Most of them looked pretty hot but I'm afraid some of them looked too slutty in their itsy bitsy bikinis. Some girls were even wearing one pieces.

Then I saw Amber. She was in the tightest little hot pink bikini imaginable with her boobs spilling out and her butt on full display. She looked like a total slut who was desperate for attention. Not only that but she had an awful amount of make-up on, her face was caked in foundation and concealer, blusher and mascara along with eyeliner, eyeshadow and lipstick that were all in bold colours that didn't really go together and didn't suit her skin tone. She looked pretty bad, but I'm sure the boys will love it which means that she will get votes. No one really bothered to look around because we would get a look later on.

"Ladies please come to the gymnasium where there has been a catwalk set up for you to walk down. The show will be starting in one minute."

As all the contestants put on robes to cover their outfits and wandered out, there were a lot of 'good lucks' and 'get back quick so we can start in your next outfit' and 'you look great', we were all out.

"Right, girls you will be going out in alphabetical order, you must not change order and you must not go with anyone else down the catwalk."

We were all too nervous to reply so we all just nodded.

"Alright, Sarah Alek"

She took off her robe and waited by the wings. After a nod from the organiser, she walked on where there was a loud roar coming from the crowd. I peeped through a small gap in the boarding and watched her stride down the walk. She looked good but when she got to the end she looked a little lost of what to do so she struck a hand on hip and walked away.

This went on and on for about five girls before it was me.

"Kelly Street"

I nodded nervously and took off my robe. All the girls gasped as they saw my gorgeous bikini. I heard muttering.

I heard the announcer speak, "Now it's time for Kelly Street!"

With the nod of approval I strode on with my breath held. I saw everyone there, waiting for my arrival. Everyone applauded loudly, I exhaled when I realised that they weren't going to go silent, I was glad that everyone was clapping for me, there were a lot of gasps and cheers as I reached the end of the walk and did a hip swish and turn and everyone roared, loving my confidence. As I strolled back up everyone gave one final scream before I was off the walk and back stage where everyone was gawking at me. I just shrugged at them and walked back to the changing rooms after putting my robe back on.

I bustled back into the changing room and engulfed by my team, with chorus' of "how did it go?" "was it scary?" "what was the audience like?" but then Clare cried "Quiet! She needs to get ready for the next category!"

It was now the winter category so as I changed into my outfit of a dark green t-shirt and a dark hooded jacket with a furry hood and skinny jeans, with UGG boots and warm eye make-up, Shay straightened my hair and Amy put red blush on my cheeks to make me look cold. They finished and practically shoved me out the changing room to get backstage.

Getting back to the catwalk I realised that I was just in time because it was only a couple of people before me. As I quickly adjusted my hair and straightened my jacket, leaving it unzipped. I placed my hands in the pockets of the jacket and got ready. It was me next and I was ready to go.

"Now, welcome back Kelly!" followed by the biggest roar.

I stepped on and everyone cheered. All I could heard was the cheering and chanting along with the announcer saying "Well I think we know who the favourite is!" this completely boosted my confidence and I smiled brightly at everyone and did a small tug of my jacket at the end of the walk and flicked my hair whilst turning around ready to go back. As I was about to step off stage I turned round and have them all one last grin which drove the audience to shout and scream.

Backstage I heard whispers of "she really knows what she's doing" and "she looks so comfortable out there".

When I arrived back in the changing rooms, everyone turned to me, I gave them all a large smile and returned to my team. They all ginned at me.

Summer category went by very fast. I was wearing a simple white lace top that was cropped just above my belly button and was tight paired with denim jean shorts and plimsoles. Light make-up and we just tied my hair into a simple ponytail. All the girls said that this was their favourite yet and that I looked super cute. The girls wanted to come and see this one but Clare said that maybe they should just watch the last one, which was going to be the finale.

When I returned backstage, I was literally being called so there was no time to prepare myself. I was told to just go straight on.

Walking on, everyone sighed at my outfit, looking at the beauty of the lace and the pretty white floral shoes. Hearing murmurs of "she's a natural, who knew the nerd would turn out to be so hot! She does look familiar though, almost as if it were déjà vu. Have we had a pageant before?" getting a little nervous about my similarity to my normal self and my nerd self, I think some people were starting to think that I was a model, maybe not know who I was but maybe just a catalogue model. I hope they don't find out who I am!

Feeling distracted, I kept a serious face on for this one.

Then walked straight to the changing rooms for my next category.

So as I quickly changed into my casual outfit, a pair of navy short dungarees that hugged my figure and showed my legs, with a navy and white striped t-shirt underneath, with some sneakers. I came out and everyone was looking a little tired by now. They did my make-up which was just eyeliner and mascara. They did my hair into low bunches and put a straw hat on my head, completing the farmers girl look.

I don't remember that one as it just went by so quick but I still had the same roaring crowd cheering me on.

For the final category it was formal, which was my golden dress. It looked perfect and even the girls seemed to wake up a little at the sight of me. They did smokey eye shadow and put golden flaked lip gloss on my lips that were a little sore from all the gnawing I'd done. We all went down the hall together and then went our separate ways as they head to the audience and I went backstage. They looked excited and glad that their stylist career was over for the day.

There was a little wait this time before my turn but when it was the crowd cheered me on yet again. I strode on and they all gasped. They gown flowed as I walked and it felt like silk on my skin and I did a small pirouette at the end and then carried on back up the isle. Just before I walked off, I turned my head back over my shoulder, did the Victoria Secret wink.The crowd whooped and cried with my award winning finale, then I headed offstage. With my ears ringing I waited for what to do next.

Glad that the show was over for me I settled into a chair and waited until the results were in.

This may take a while.

------------------------------

Authors Note

Thank you all so much for waiting so long to read this! I'm so sorry it took me so long to update, I've just been super busy!

Another update will be coming soon and enjoy this one!

I'm following everyone back until I get to 100 followers!

Please remember to vote and comment your thoughts on this chapter.

I thought it was quite long and it took me forever but I did it!

I'm also writing a new book called 'One Little Piggy Turned Skinny' I hope you enjoy it but I haven't really started it yet. So if you want you can check that out.

Thank you again,

Emma xxxx

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

1.3M 38.2K 51
Reign Miller doesn't believe in love, she thinks all romcoms are cringe and so are high school relationships, even she doesn't know why. Her goal dur...
152K 3.8K 33
Who could ever think that because of a football game you could find true love? Well Jason Parker wouldn't. He is the schools hottie, captain of the s...
226K 5.4K 21
Avery Hunter was a normal popular girl. She is loved by all of her friends and she is really pretty. But one day she has to drop everything and move...
9.7K 286 45
Most books are from the point of view of the good, nerdy girl and the queen b is paints in a very bad light. This story is from the perspective of th...