dimples (wyatt oleff)

By andverson

" but no matter what, I knew i'd always remember those dimples when he smiled " or in which two people lear... More

DIMPLES !
THEM !
PART ONE
PROLOUGE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
PART TWO
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
PART THREE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
-8 months later-
last chapter
bonus 01. memories
bonus 02. memories continued
bonus 03. once again,,,memories

CHAPTER NINE

100 4 5
By andverson

( CHAPTER 9 )

" you give everything ! "

It had been two weeks since that day. And it had probably been the best two weeks of my life.

During the day, I would be at set, writing. I just had so much inspiration now. Set was my favorite place to be, I was always either writing, talking to Rylin, or sneaking away with Wyatt. Did I mention he asked me to be his girlfriend? It was really cute. He was so flustered, and he accidentally tripped into me while trying to ask. Now everytime there was an intimate scene, I would smirk at Taylor while it happened. I had a feeling she didn't enjoy it much, knowing Wyatt would always come back to me when the day was done.

Every night, Wyatt and I would either FaceTime or hang out. Most nights, we ended up at his house, watching movies and playing video games. Well, more like watching him play video games. I didn't have any hand-eye coordination. I couldn't even stay on the roads in Mario Kart to save my life. But I didn't mind. Anything with him was an adventure.

It was the night before the film would be taking a month break. Wyatt would be staying here while I flew back home to New York. I missed my family and friends.

We wanted to spend the last night together, so I was at his house. We were on his bed, watching a horror movie. He picked it out with a little too much enthusiasm for my taste. He knew I liked slasher horror but anything paranormal, I was not here for. I was sat against his chest, my designated spot for movies.

"Oh, nope. No thanks!", I cry out when the ghost pops up on the screen. I flip my torso, burying myself in his chest. I can feel it vibrate with laughter. His hands wrapped around my back in comfort.

"Layla, love, you can't spend the whole movie like this. It's only five minutes in", he says fondly, running his hand through my hair comfortably.

"Watch me" I grumble, snuggling closer. He just hums with a laugh, and gives my head a quick kiss. I feel his mood shift, his shoulders drooping a bit.

"I wish you didn't leave tomorrow", he says quietly. I can feel his heart beating through his chest. I sign and just hug him tighter.

A few movies later, and an incident of popcorn eruption, I sigh and pat his cheek. "Hey, I should get home. It's really late". More like three-hours-past-curfew late. "Mmm...no" Wyatt mumbles, his eyes closed. He pulls me closer and buries his head in my hair. He fell asleep with his head on mine during the last movie, his little snores making me giggle.

"Afraid so" I say, attempting to get up.

"Stay" he says. I look up into his eyes, they're wide awake now. I glare at him. "Stay", he says again. I think a moment before sighing in defeat. "Fine. Anything for you" I say with a small smile. His face lights up like a Christmas tree. "Let me just let Aunt Jean know". I say rolling over to reach the bedside table, where my phone lies. I feel the bed shift as he gets up. I look up as he goes to leave. "Bathroom" he says whipping his thumb towards the hall. I nod. I change into one of his shirts and a pair of shorts before pulling my hair into a bun.

Once I'm satisfied with my hair, I snuggle down under his covers on my side and wait for him to come back. He eventually pads back in, smiling when he sees me. He slips in beside me and pulls my back against his chest. I sigh at the sudden comfort of warmth his body brings.

"Hmm, that shirt looks familiar", he teases. I just laugh and give him a quick peck on the lips. I shift so I'm facing him. I want his face to be the last thing I see before I fall asleep. He smiles at me, then pecks my nose before cuddling into me. I lay my head on his arm, which is underneath me, and play with his curls with the other. He sighs sweetly, making my heart flutter. Just as I'm about to drift off, I hear him mumble something beneath his breath, a finger tracing my cheekbone. "Hmm?", I hum.

"I love you", he mumbled again. My heart stops. I'm suddenly wide awake. I can feel my face become flushed in response. It's the first time he's ever told me that. "I love you too, dimples", I smirk at him. He playfully grumbles at me before laying his head closer to my chest. We both fall asleep, tangled together as one.

The next morning, after breakfast at his house, he drives me to my Aunt's to grab my suitcase. I pat Oliver the cat, and give Aunt Jean a long hug. "I'll miss you, dear. You've made these two months so amazing", she says sadly.

"I'll see you soon", I pull back from the hug, pecking her cheek. I wave goodbye before hopping into Wyatt's car with my suitcase. He starts the drive to the airport, his hand holding mine the whole way, his thumb tapping my knuckle. We arrive at the airport in somber silence. He grabs my suitcase and I stop him from wheeling it inside.

"I don't want to say goodbye in there. It'll be too hard" I sigh, tears brimming. He nods. He pulls me into a big hug, breathing me in. "I love you Layla", he pulls back and wipes a tear from my cheek, "I'll see you soon".

I smile. "I love you too". I take a deep breath and give him one quick peck. He follows my lips, wanting more. I detach myself from his cage of arms and turn away. I wave once I am inside the front doors of the airport. He blows me a kiss. I cheekily pretend to catch it. Then I turn and head towards the plane that would take me away from him.

I was sitting in the plane when I heard the patter of rain on the window beside me. I give a small smile. The rain reminds me of heartbreak, but also new beginnings. Little did I know mine was about to start.

A few days later, I was at Emma's apartment with Sophia and Amybeth for the first time since I left. I was in a sour mood already as Wyatt hadn't been answering my texts and calls for the past few hours. It was there that I found out.

We had all grown up friends and I missed seeing them everyday. We were lined up on Emma's red leather couch while watching our favorite movies back to back that day as it was rainy and cold. Typical for New York.

Amybeth's eyes squinted and her freckles rippled as she leaned into Emma, who looked at Amybeth's outstretched phone. I noticed when Emma's warm head had left my shoulder.

"What's wrong"? I ask, pausing the movie, which is currently The Heathers.

"Nothing, Lala", Emma replies shrilly, using my nickname. I know she's lying, she goes shrill when she does.
Sophia looks up from her position on the floor.

"Guys..." she says, a warning tone in her voice.

"What"? I ask, desperate to know. I have a horrible feeling in my gut. Emma looks at Sophia who nods at Amybeth.

"Fine. We were waiting till a better time to tell you" Amybeth attests as she hands me her phone. My heart sinks as I look at the screen. I stand up abruptly, dropping the phone.

"Did you know"? I turn to Sophia, my eyes flashing angrily.

"I didn't until last night. I swear. He's my friend too. I was conflicted". Her eyes wide with hurt and pity. I shake my head.

"But I've been your friend since preschool", I choke out with clenched fists. Tears are forming and my chin wobbles. I hate being weak, I hate it. Love had softened me.

"Layla", Emma murmurs, "she didn't mean anything by it. We were trying to protect you".

"No!", I push her condolences away, my arms crossed as my breath heaves. She stands up, embracing me in a hug. That's when I completely lost it.

I crumple to the floor, my sobs muffled by Emma's shoulder. I feel Amybeth and Sophia wrap themselves around me from behind. We sit there, in each others presence for a long time after. But I still can't get that photo of Wyatt in Taylor's bed out of my mind.

011•07•18
authors note |
I got sent home from work
early today bc they didn't
need me yay !

status | edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 2 22
"I will never forget that indescibable feeling." A/n ( if there any typos or spelling errors I'm sorry ) (Editing in process)
14K 313 18
☆ .✧ .☾ .✰ 'I think the kiss wasn't an accident for me y/n' 'Oh' 'Was it for you?' 'Well no' She answered finally meeting his eyes. 'So if we both...
77.5K 820 55
jackdgrazer: Wow you really are my sunshine ☀️☀️☀️ + this story is a train wreck so read at ur own risk
51.9K 740 48
⚠️trigger warning ⚠️ please do not read if you are sensitive to strong language, self harm, depression, anxiety, or r*pe !!! in which y/n had been r...