CHAPTER FIVE

( CHAPTER 5 )

" I don't really know ! "

"L-Layla, hey", he stammers, running a hand through this curls

"What are you doing here?", I ask, hurt lacing my voice. I cringe at the sound. I sound weak, and I hate it. I cross my arms and stare at the ground. We're both wearing black converse. Of course. "I'm the lead"? Of course. "Why are you here"? 

I shift a bit. "I'm writing the soundtrack for the movie", I say bluntly. He blushes, remembering our earlier conversation. He nods as he shifts a bit on his feet. Someone clears their throat and we both turn in surprise. Martin is cocking an eyebrow.

"Oh...sorry. I was just wondering where the food is", Wyatt says sheepishly. I notice one of his curls is out of place, in the middle of his forehead. I want so badly to place it back where it belongs.

"Around the corner, to the left", Martin responds, shaking me from my thoughts. Wyatt thanks him and his hazel eyes waver to mine before he leaves. I look back to Martin, trying to gauge his reaction. He just looks at me knowingly before handing me the papers from the printer. "Thanks" I mumble, before pushing out the door.

An hour later, after exploring the warehouse and making introductions and, not so subtly, avoiding a certain curly-haired boy, the crew and cast all pile into a meeting room. "Ok", Martin stands at the front beside a whiteboard, "Table read for scene 5. Start when you're ready".

He turns on a voice recorder before sitting at the head of the table. I'm sat across from a girl with brown hair and bangs named Aurora, beside a boy with excitable eyes named Rylin, and diagonal from Wyatt, who is sat by a blond girl who introduced herself as Taylor. They are all relatively unknown actors except Wyatt, who apparently lied more than I thought. I drum my fingers as I scan the people around me. We are missing a few more cast members, but they don't film today.

As the table read starts, I watch the way Wyatt acts. It's as if he transformed right into his character before our eyes. He effortlessly portrays the broken boy from the script. He's an astonishingly good actor. But, then again, I got a taste of that before. I sigh, beginning to brainstorm in my songbook.

Once the read is done, and Martin is satisfied, we all head out the door to the sets to begin takes. The actors are all headed to makeup and wardrobe, while I find a good seat to observe.

"Hey, wait" a familiar voice breaks through my thoughts, and places a hand on my arm. I look up into hazel eyes and shake his hand off, crossing my arms.

"What?", I snap. His face falls a bit.

"Please don't. Let's just start over? I'm sorry", he apologizes, his voice strained, "I just didn't want you treating me differently. I just...I really like you".

I look at the floor. I want to hold my grudge, but I can't ignore he way my heart leapt whenever I thought of him.  "Fine", I look up and meet his soft eyes, "we can start over".

His face brightens into a smile, his dimples breaking out. I give him a small smirk. "I better, um, I better go. You need to get ready". I look into his eyes again. I can feel my stomach flip. Wyatt's hazel orbs twinkle, as he excused himself, his arm brushing mine as he walks away. It leaves me tingling.

13•07•18
authors note |
hi so my friend's
cute friend wanted
my snap and now
we are talking and
she is really cute eek

status | rewritten
edited