CHAPTER SEVEN

( CHAPTER 7 )

" when you get too close ! "

He stumbled behind me with the cutest smile on his face, it lit up his eyes and made my heart skip a beat

He stumbled behind me with the cutest smile on his face, it lit up his eyes and made my heart skip a beat. His dimples were showing again, the right one digging so deep into his cheek, I thought it might disappear. I turned to look where we were going and dropped one of his hands in the process. I was about to let go of the other, when I feel his fingers intertwine with mine. I immediately feel warm inside and I grin to myself as I lead him through the sets.

We finally reach the set I was looking for. It's set up to look like a small rose garden, with a porch swing. Wyatt seems to sense what I'm doing, as he takes charge and leads us to the swing. He sits and pulls me down beside him.

He pushes the swing with his one foot and I sit cross legged beside him, one leg stretched over his lap. We sit in silence for a bit, taking in our surroundings. I'm having trouble concentrating though, as Wyatt rubs his thumb over my knuckle, our hands still latched together. I smile down at them before looking up to see Wyatt doing the same.

"So", he starts, looking up into my eyes, "what are you thinking"?

I look at my lap, where my songbook lies. I feel warmth near my face, as Wyatt tucks a stray strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Sorry, I just don't like it when I can't see your face" he says sheepishly. I blush a bit.

"It's fine", I giggle, "but I was just thinking about how amazing this is". He cocks his head in question. "Just...how amazing it is being here, having this opportunity. I mean, I started my career in my basement. Recording covers for YouTube. It's just...magical. Seeing all this hard work finally paying off". I stop my rambling, and look to him, trying to judge his reaction. His face is warm. And happy. His eyes twinkling. I smirk at him being soft. He shakes his head of curls.

"I'm just happy for you, stop it" he chuckles.

"Well, now it's your turn. How did you start your career? Because I'm pretty sure you haven't told me yet. At least not truthfully" I smirk at him. He blushes before starting his story. I barely register what he says. I'm too deep in his eyes to notice.

As we walk back to Set C, our hands still locked as one, it hits me.

"Wy"? I ask, turning to look at him as we slowed our pace.

"Hmm"? He hums in response, looking at the sets we are passing.

"You know, we've only known each other a little bit. But...I have a feeling we're going to know each other a lot more". He turns to look at me, eyes twinkling.

"You know", he says imitating me, "I was thinking the exact same thing". As I looked back into his eyes, a smile gracing my features, I could feel it deep inside. I was falling. And fast.

10•07•18
authors note |
I see clairo next
week !
status | edited