CHAPTER NINE

( CHAPTER 9 )

" you give everything ! "

It had been two weeks since that day

It had been two weeks since that day. And it had probably been the best two weeks of my life.

During the day, I would be at set, writing. I just had so much inspiration now. Set was my favorite place to be, I was always either writing, talking to Rylin, or sneaking away with Wyatt. Did I mention he asked me to be his girlfriend? It was really cute. He was so flustered, and he accidentally tripped into me while trying to ask. Now everytime there was an intimate scene, I would smirk at Taylor while it happened. I had a feeling she didn't enjoy it much, knowing Wyatt would always come back to me when the day was done.

Every night, Wyatt and I would either FaceTime or hang out. Most nights, we ended up at his house, watching movies and playing video games. Well, more like watching him play video games. I didn't have any hand-eye coordination. I couldn't even stay on the roads in Mario Kart to save my life. But I didn't mind. Anything with him was an adventure.

It was the night before the film would be taking a month break. Wyatt would be staying here while I flew back home to New York. I missed my family and friends.

We wanted to spend the last night together, so I was at his house. We were on his bed, watching a horror movie. He picked it out with a little too much enthusiasm for my taste. He knew I liked slasher horror but anything paranormal, I was not here for. I was sat against his chest, my designated spot for movies.

"Oh, nope. No thanks!", I cry out when the ghost pops up on the screen. I flip my torso, burying myself in his chest. I can feel it vibrate with laughter. His hands wrapped around my back in comfort.

"Layla, love, you can't spend the whole movie like this. It's only five minutes in", he says fondly, running his hand through my hair comfortably.

"Watch me" I grumble, snuggling closer. He just hums with a laugh, and gives my head a quick kiss. I feel his mood shift, his shoulders drooping a bit.

"I wish you didn't leave tomorrow", he says quietly. I can feel his heart beating through his chest. I sign and just hug him tighter.

A few movies later, and an incident of popcorn eruption, I sigh and pat his cheek. "Hey, I should get home. It's really late". More like three-hours-past-curfew late. "Mmm...no" Wyatt mumbles, his eyes closed. He pulls me closer and buries his head in my hair. He fell asleep with his head on mine during the last movie, his little snores making me giggle.