CHAPTER SIX

( CHAPTER 6 )

" why my heart skips a beat ! "

The first scene they are filming today is taking place in set piece C

The first scene they are filming today is taking place in set piece C. It is set up to look like the roof of a house at night. The ground is slightly slanted, covered in foam shingles. There's a single window peering out from the middle, light shining through and casting a glow. The top half of a fake tree lays it's branches across part of the roof. I take it all in, holding my songbook tightly to my chest.

An assistant scurries by with a clipboard, talking to someone on Bluetooth while pointing behind me furiously. I furrow my brows in question, before looking behind me to see a few open seats. I nod towards the busy assistant who waved me off in return before dashing away again. I take a seat in a director-style chair and cross my legs, plopping my songbook atop my lap. I flip randomly through the pages as I wait.

"What's that?", a voice asks amusingly, a shadow crossing my vision. I snap my book closed before looking up. In front of me stands Rylin, a warm smile on his face. His dark hair is swept across his forehead, framing his strong jawline. I smile at him softly, sheepishly twirling a strand of my hair.

"It's my songbook", I respond, "I'm used to not showing it to people, sorry". I open the book back up slowly. He chuckles a bit. He leans against the wall beside me, as I watch the way his shoulders move beneath his shirt, a blush crossing my cheeks. I can't deny how handsome he is.

"No worries. I do that with my drawings", he looks out at the set, before looking back at me. His dark eyes catch my blue ones, making him blush. I smile in response.

"Rylin!", a call comes from set, we both break our gaze to look towards set. Martin is waving him over, tapping a clipboard. Rylin looks back at me.

"Gotta blast, but we should talk soon. Maybe I'll show you one of my sketches", he tips his head at me before jogging off. I feel my heart swell a bit. I watch him as he jogs away, before brown curls catch my eye.

I look over and catch a glimpse of Wyatt, his arms crossed and a scowl etched across his face. He's watching Rylin too. I blink in confusion before looking back to my songbook. The scene is about to start.

The actors for the scene are Taylor, the blond, and Wyatt. They play love interests. I don't know much about the plot, per request, as I write better when I see through the eyes of the characters, not knowing what happens next. I pick up my pencil as they get into position, thumbing to an empty page.

Taylor had introduced herself earlier, when I was exploring. I had come across her in between set H and J. She had been talking on the phone, but when she saw me she hung up and bounced over. She seems a bit bubbly and ditzy, but she's an amazing actress from what I've seen. I think we'll be friends. She's also really pretty, like, supermodel pretty. It's no surprise she got the part. She was destined for it, as if it was written for her.

As Wyatt and Taylor take their places, I chew on my pencil. I do that when concentrating. I mean, it's better than when I'm nervous, I bite my nails down to the skin. The director calls Action, and I look up to watch.

"I don't know, I never really thought about it before" Wyatt recites his lines, compassion on his face as he holds Taylor's hand to his chest. "I just, I never thought anyone could love me" Taylor responds with her lines. I watch with a warm pit in my stomach, my mind captivated by the scene.

They continue on with their conversation until the director calls cut. They do the scene 12 more times. Not that I was counting. But I couldn't help but feel jealousy turn ice cold in my stomach.

"So...how'd we do"? Wyatt walks up beside me as I'm grabbing a snack at the food cart.

"Hmm"? I'm too engrossed in picking the right donut to listen. He laughs. It's like music to my ears.

"Never mind", he pauses, "so the cast is going out for lunch, wanna come"? He waits for my response tentatively, wringing his hands. I look up into his eyes. They're soft and a bit nervous. I giggle internally at his expression. It's cute. I set the donut I picked up back on the table.

"I'd love too. Now come on, let's go exploring before we go", I say grabbing his hands, leading him away from the table.

10•07•18
authors note|
I want a ukulele

status | rewritten
edited