-8 months later-

you are the most amazing thing I've ever had the pleasure of calling mine

{lil fluff}

It was another late night. I checked the time on my phone for the second time in the past two minutes. I sigh in defeat at the little digital numbers and run my tired fingers through my hair. I rub my tired eyes and reach for my coffee.

Not in my right state of mind, I end up grasping the lid, and dumped the contents all over my lap. And my college essay I had been writing for the past five hours. I gasped harshly. "Shit, shit, SHIT" I cry out, not caring what hour of the night, well, morning, it was.

I can already tell, as I stand up from my desk chair, that the paper is a goner. Tears prick the corners of my eyes and I throw the paper in the trash can beside my desk in frustration.

Tears of disappointment and frustration stream down my cheeks as I walk the bathroom to grab cleaning supplies. I start scrubbing the desk ferociously, when my phone chimes. I take a deep breath, and wipe my cheeks, before grabbing the phone.

wy💛
I'm outside

I shake my head, smiling a bit. How did he know? I finish my crap cleaning job and run outside, not caring how I looked with coffee stained clothes.

His red truck is parked in the driveway, and he leans against it, hands shoved into his jeans. He's not looking as I jump down the porch steps and launch myself at him, wrapping my arms around his neck and into his hair.

His soft curls tickle my cheek as I break down in tears. He's tense for a second before melting into my hug, his arms protectively wrapping my waist. "Oh, gorgeous, what's wrong" he whispers into my hair, as my crying slows.

I pull back as much as I can in his embrace and stare into his eyes. They're soft, reflecting the moonlight. I take a shaky breath before launching into the details of my night. I finished with spilling my coffee at two am.

"Lala, take a deep breath", he strokes my hair, pulling me close again, "you're just tired now. Come on let's sleep and we can fix this in the morning". He gently leads me, arm wrapped around my waist, to my room. My long night is finally kicking in as I stumble towards my bed. My legs give out and I sit with shaking hands.

Wyatt rummages through my bureau, pulling out one of my, well his, shirts and pajama shorts. "Come here, doll" he gently helps me get into my pajamas, and gets a washcloth to wipe the rest of the coffee from my arms.

He kisses my nose before pulling the covers down on my bed, guiding me in. I snuggle down, leaving his side open. He slips in beside me, an arm under my head, our legs tangling together. His eyes peer into my tired and half open ones. He gives a little chuckle, which I quiet by pressing my lips to his. They're soft and warm, like always.

"Why'd you come"? I whisper, as he strokes my hair. Shrugging, he snuggles closer, head tucked underneath my own. "I dunno, just felt like I should"? I smile into his curls. He sighs deeply, breathing me in. "I love, love, love you very much" he says softly in a singing tone.

I laugh a bit and hug him tight. "I adore you more than anything" I respond. We fall asleep, smiles gracing our featured, with warm hearts.

one more chapter :,)

also I'm sorry