CHAPTER ELEVEN

maybe there is a place in my heart for you, especially with all we have been through.

I thought over the letter for days. I had only checked the news once, the minute after I had read the letter. It was true. He had told everyone. I didn't want to read any of it though. I had to figure out how I felt first.

I woke up in the middle of the night a week after. I knew what I wanted, but I was scared. I got up, and took my aunt's keys from her coat pocket. And I drove. I cruised down the open roads. I did my best thinking when driving.

I finally stopped when I reached a familiar place. It was the place we first met, the shopping alcove. It was deserted, only a few lamps lit. I wandered around, not knowing why I ended up here. I eventually grew tired, and sat on a bench. 

The wind whipped my hair around my face. I sat, breathing in the ocean breeze, and looked at my hands fiddling in my lap. I don't know how long I sat there, staring, when a warm hand took one of my own shaking hands. I didn't have to look to know who it was.

He rubbed his thumb over my knuckles gently, making my stomach do somersaults. He smelt just like I remember. Cinnamon. I slowly melt into his side. "I'm sorry", his voice finally whispers out, "I'm so, so sorry". I lift my head to look into his dark eyes. They're glistening with tears.

I squeeze his hand. "I love you too" I whisper back. We sat there until sunrise. Together as one. His lips still tasted like chocolate. And nothing had ever tasted so sweet.

A/N
One more chapter :,)