CHAPTER EIGHT

( CHAPTER 8 )

" just like first love ! "

Our break was over and it was time for lunch

Our break was over and it was time for lunch. We gathered all of the teenage cast and piled into different cars. Wyatt drove those in his car, including me, into a more urban area. We finally pulled into a space outside of a Buffalo Wild Wings. I'm about to open the car door when it swings open to reveal Wyatt grinning like an idiot. "What a gentleman" I giggle, taking his hand to step out.

He keeps my hand in his as we all head inside to get a table. He continues to hold on to it as we sit, and as we order. We all make small talk about our lives as we wait, Wyatt squeezing my hand whenever I said something he liked. He doesn't let go of my hand until we receive our food, needing both hands to eat. We are halfway through dessert when Taylor looks over at me and Wyatt.

We are stealing glances at each other and I guess she got jealous, because the next thing out of her mouth was "So Wyatt, ready for that intimate scene tomorrow?" with a huge smirk on her face. I immediately stop what I'm doing and glare at her. Wyatt quickly glances at me before answering. "Uh yeah, sure". I feel my heart drop.

I want to be mad, but all I feel is hurt. "I need some air, excuse me" I blurt, scooting my chair back and throwing my napkin down. I head to the front. I can hear harsh voices at the table, but I don't look back. I need to get outside before the tears come.

I pushed the door open roughly and stood in the middle of the sidewalk. I crossed my arms as I clenched my teeth, trying to stop the tears brewing. I'm so invested in my own thoughts, it takes me a minute to realize it's raining. It takes me another minute to realize my tears are mixing with the rivers of rain falling down my cheeks. I snort a bit through the tears. Why is it always raining, isn't California supposed to be hot?

I think back to another rainy day. When I was hurt, just like this. A tiny sob escapes my lips as I tremble. I don't know if I'm cold. Or just crying. Everything is blurring together. I wrap my arms tighter around myself and look up into the clouds. They're gray, as gray as I feel.

Subtly, I feel a warm presence on the small of my back. "Feels like deja vu, huh"? his voice rings out, mixing with the sounds of rain falling. I look to him. His eyes aren't glowing, they're dark in sadness. "Why does this keep happening?", my voice breaks, "just when I feel like we could be something"? I look back to the skies. It's easier than looking at him. It's not fair to him for me to be this upset, we don't know eachother that well. But, man, I feel as if I've known him all my life.

I feel him gently take my hand from my crossed set of arms, intertwining our fingers. I look to our hands, then to his face. He slowly takes his other hand to wipe the tears and rain from beneath my eye. "I don't want it to be this way" he whispers softly.

I look into the deep hazel pools of his eyes as his hand moves to my cheek. He slowly guides me towards him. He leans in and touches his lips softly to mine. They taste like chocolate. I melt into his touch and my arms wrap around his neck. He pulls me closer by the small of my back, deepening the kiss. I twist my fingers in his curls, feeling him smile against my lips. His lips on mine feel like a million supernovas, a million shooting stars. It feels like first love all over again.

We finally pull back, both dripping from the rain. He looks into my eyes and I smile. His eyes are alive with light. He kisses me on the nose, before leaning back in. I can feel his smile grow against mine as we sway in the rain, connected as one. And chocolate had never tasted better.

10•07•18
authors note |
         feeling really inspired
         to write this other book
         but I need to finish this
         one first so here's a million
         updates of one day lmao

status | rewritten
edited