CHAPTER ONE

( CHAPTER ONE )

" i can't really tell ! "

I ended up being twenty minutes late to my terminal

I ended up being twenty minutes late to my terminal. My converse squeaked as I ran through the airport, my hair flopping in the messy bun on top of my head.

"Oh god, oh god," I yelp, dodging people as best as I can. I can't be late. Curse my teenage tendencies and procrastination skills. I narrowly miss a small child and bump into a display stand. Have I mentioned i'm kind of clumsy? I finally reach the gate, bumping into the reception desk, heaving. I'm short and definitely not a runner.

"Am I late?" I manage to get out, gasping for air. The receptionist raised an eyebrow disapprovingly and her mouth sneered at my disheveled state.

"Am. I. Late?" I try again, putting emphasis on each word and my hands tap a nervous rhythm on the table in front of me. Her face takes on an aggravated persona and she rolls her eyes.

"For?" she drags the word out. My hands drop to my sides and I blow a piece of hair out of my face. I can feel my temper growing.

"For my flight! Unless you do other things at an airport?" I snap at her, my hands are now in fists. I am in no state to deal with her attitude this early in the morning. She rolls her eyes.

"Which flight?" she asks rudely, her meticulous fingernails tapping at the keyboard of her computer. My fists loosen and my arms relax. I sigh.

"Flight 246. JFK to LAX". She nods, the tapping growing in intensity. After a few moments she turns back to me, a tight smile on her face.

"It's been delayed," she says sweetly, causing me to smile. I'm not late, thank god.

"...for ten hours".

My eyes pop open. I'm suddenly not very tired anymore.

"Its what now?" I squeak out. She just smiles with her hand flicking towards me, motioning that it's time to go. I glare at her before grabbing my suitcase handle and turning on my heel heatedly. Time to find a seat for the next ten hours.

A loud announcement jolts me awake from my nap. I shift in my seat, my body slowly awakening. I wipe my eyes, blinking away the sleepiness from them. I stretch a bit and  my sore neck as I stand. The announcement blares again.

"Flight 246, JFK to LAX, now boarding at Gate 12". I leap up, wide awake now. I grab my suitcase and smile at the elderly woman who takes my now open seat in the terminal. My nerves are tingling, my eyes open wide. The next part of my life was about to begin. I take a deep breath to steel my nerves and begin towards my gate with sure steps. I board my flight and make my way to my seat. Thankfully it's a window seat with an open spot beside it. I settle down with a smile and I rub my cheeks. They hurt from how much I had smiled in the past few hours. This was really happening. I was flying to California and writing an album for a movie. It's a long way from my youtube channel in the basement. I settle down and get ready for take off.