Call It Love

By lucyB48478

Lucy Wills a stockbroker as her past job under Mark Walker of the Walker Enterprises is entangled between the... More

A New Tomorrow..
Anna's Cafè
Behind The Reality
Siblings..
Knowing Mr Ugly..
The Challenging Miss Willis.
A Guardian Angel for A friend
In the Eyes of Your Man
Misplaced..
Other Side Of The Story.
Meeting The Patterson's.
A Beautiful Angel Alive.
Little Miss Willis
Feeling At Home.
The Nightmares.
My Jealous Boss
Someone To Call my Own
Reality Never Feels Real.
A Life Time Ride
Breaking Walls

The Mystery Hire..

60 2 0
By lucyB48478

I woke up early in the morning with puffy eyes, ugh.. maybe I cried more than I had to. In me there is this void whenever I think of Mark. We never had anything serious apart from kissing, cuddles, and spooning during our nights on every trip. I try to tell myself that I was hurt by him cause he pushed me away without an explanation but the answer never satisfies me no matter how many times I convince my heart. This emptiness frustrates me day to day. I smile but it never feels like real because deep down I'm lifeless and lonely. He took a whole half of me with him.
It's a Friday a day of my interview at Patterson Enterprises one of the companies I snooped my nose in it's business luckily Mark Walker asked me to stop looking into Patterson's lives. I never tried to know anything about the company or any of its family members. There is one thing about Mark that I loved he knew when to stop and he would never do it again. He might have turned out a jerk but he was a gentleman.
Today I'm kind of nervous like something wrong is going to happen like always yet a small voice in me says I should hope for the best because there had been no phone call to cancel my interview. Mark would do anything to make sure I don't get a new job and his last words are always my reminder.

"Lucy... I have a promise to keep a promise to live... I can't let danger come to you any closer", it was a night in Plague Mark and I had to be there buying a company that will be profitable in the coming future for the Walker Cooperate. I had worked so hard to make it possible for Mark to lay his hand on it cause almost everyone was after the company. It was a joyful night and I had to relax and be stress-free for the next ten hours or more and yet he spoiled the mood with his mood swings. In my pink robe and a glass of champagne beside me outside a swimming pool I stare at him looking tall as always his long hair rough like he has been passing his hands through for a couple of minutes and his black shorts fitting him perfectly without a shirt on.

"I'm not in any danger and why would I be in danger when I'm with you? Explain and maybe I will try to understand". I pull my champagne glass as I stand and head inside the suite room we shared for a week now. With Mark I felt comfortable sleeping next to him knowing he wouldn't dare lay his fingers on me and try to strip me off without my will. I was like a flame that warms him yet too hot to touch . I hear footsteps as he gets in and shuts the door. He was weird since last night and now he was being weirder than ever.

"That's it... that's what I'm talking about, you being with me", he yells as he gets closer. "Lucy love I don't have time to explain a thing about how close you're into danger. The only thing I know I can't let anything happen to you", he talks pulling me closer. His hold tightens as his eyes search mine. He was being cruel, something I have never experienced from him before.

"Mark.. don't push me away. We always figure things out together, can't we figure out this together, just this once...Please?" I was begging like crazy, my body trembling in fear like I saw what the future had for me.

"I wanna hold you like this, spoil you with every penny I earn, travel the world with you as we conquer cities and their companies, running a fine business together but it can't be now or maybe it can never be", his grasp on my both hands was firm but his eyes were searching for a missing me I didn't know was lost.

"Mark please...", I said with a half cry. I have never seen him lose his cool before, he was holding back blows and yells and his anger was towards himself and all I wanted was to kiss all that away. Would a kiss fix everything? Right there I decide to do what was I'm my mind....I kiss him and kiss him over and over. As far as we have been together a kiss is something Mark prefers from me than a fuck and the reason behind this is a mystery I will never solve. After a couple of minutes of us kissing he pushes me away slowly with a a sigh that gave me the answer to it all that he was helpless and unsure of this decision but he had to make sure I get going far as possible from his life and everything. I cry to all the pain I was feeling I cry to the goodbye unsaid between us. This was it and right here was it's end.

"Lucy I'm sorry but here is my word I will ground you for good and don't try to do anything stupid like leaving the city or roaming around my company, home or Clara's villa. I will keep an eye on everything move you make and make it hard for you to find a fine job and lastly all your accounts will be frozen for a couple of years. This I promise you love and I will keep pushing hard when needed.", every word coming from his perfect mouth was a promise to the end. The Mark I know was a man of his words so I had no objections on all he said cause nothing in this world will change his mind to make his take back all he said.

"Ground me, that's fine by me. Keep an eye on me that too is okay but please tell me what's going on, you're scaring me to death. Mark I know I'm not in a place to question your decision, please just....", I was caressing his arm while his hands on my arms. I was soothing his anger, letting him know I was his to fight what was coming alongside with him.

"A day will come and you will fall in love, get a man to protect you, a man to love you maybe more than I do and he will give you a family you dream of. For a second I wanted to be that man Lucy, I can't explain how badly I want to be in your life but I can't cause the more I wanna keep you the more I put you in danger. I love you enough to give you up", my eyes were running tears. People used to tell me he loved me and that he has always loved me like crazy, mom too said this a million times but I knew nothing about love so I kept denying it over and over and now he was saying it with his lips. How could he say it knowing he wasn't going to be in my life anymore? This wasn't fair at all, how could he say it knowing he won't come any closer to me, hold me like he is right now so I jerk his grasp and hit his chest over and over wishing it was all in my dreams, that I was hallucinating but the pain in my chest proved me wrong, it was all true and it was happening.

I splash my morning face with water in the bathroom as I'm about to take a shower, ignoring the pain I feel every passing day. Was Jessy right? Do I miss him? Did I ever love him? That memory, the pain last memory of us together in Plague repeat itself every time I wake up, I see his last glance and sadness as he fake to be strong bidding me goodbyes I didn't want to accept.

"Jessy"?, I call out on her as I hear footsteps approaching the bathroom door

"Do you need help? Having trouble washing your face again?"

"Cut the crap and help me pick an interview outfit. I don't know what to...", she interrupts me before I'm done talking.

"Just take a shower I will do the rest", she yells as her faint steps disappear.

Jessica has a long face with a pointed nose like mine. We took it from our father, he had one perfect pointed nose. Her cheeks are soft and prominent and her thin boyish body like that of the model gives her a fine look but her tongue is sharp and harsh like that of a spoiled wrench.

I put my clothes on a tailored suit trousers pant, a buttoned-down white long sleeve with a pair of high heels shoes, and grey colored shades on. Heading out of the room I find mom and Jessy cleaning the place and arranging chairs. The sitting place is wide, if you cut it into two it can give two more rooms. So it serves well for people who come and grab some bites and coffee or tea in the morning before work. The fact that we are in the middle of the city near different companies helps a lot.
But that isn't the only reason people stopover to this place, my mother makes the best coffee and best bites so due to her magical recipes her coffee shop gets many customers and orders from different companies nearby.

It was still 7 am and the Patterson Enterprises isn't far from our coffee shop, its five to ten minutes walk on foot so I walk in the morning busy crowd of people crossing the road heading to work, some heading home, students heading to where their destination ends. I take a few steps saying a little pray within hoping things to turn outright. It's been two years now since Mark's threats or should I call it his promise. Whatever that is it walks with me like a curse, with one phone call from an unknown number all the employers always decline me without reconsidering my experience and work in the past years.
Clouded with despair walking like I'm in an amusement park all alone a sports car not just a sports car black Ferrari runs into almost hitting me. I yell 'what the fuck' a man in his well-tailored greyish suit in his twenties in the car curses under his breath. He ignored my presence and pass by like I was a piece of trash to trample on.

I was so mad that I couldn't keep my cool for so long do I hoop on one leg as intake of the other shoe, I throw it towards the leaving car breaking it's left sight mirror. The car stood and the man got out, he picked up the shoe and left without giving me a last glance. That bastard left with my shoe.
"How I'm I going to an interview in one shoe?", I mumble to myself, despair taking over the last hope I had woken up with me this morning. An idea came in mind, I take out my phone from my handbag and call Jessy.

"Jessy can you bring me my black pumps please"? I say without even bothering to ask whether she is home or not.

"What with the shoes you wore just now? Is everything okay? I hope you aren't in trouble", She sounded worried and for that I owe her an explanation.

After some minutes she reaches me with my pumps in her handbag as she gives me my shoes without a word, her morning scowls marrying her face tells it all that she needed a reasonable explanation. I give her the shoe and ask her to heads back home. She wouldn't want me being late for the interview, her of the people knows how much I have suffered so far She does a lot for me so I'm lucky to have her indeed.
Before heading inside the skyscraper in front of me a black Aston Martin car pulls over. A woman in black trouser pants, red sleeveless top, a black blazer matching her pumps and handbag, with red lipstick matching her top gets out of a car. Her hair straightened, her face in light makes up. She seems to be in her mids 40's. And she was damn rich too just from a far glance. Calling her rich will be underestimating her, she is wealthy. One among the owner of the private jet.

"Hi darling. You look, beautiful young lady. And presentable too. Are you my son's girlfriend? She asks giving me a warm smile walking towards where I was freezing while staring at her graceful moves.

"Um... hi... I mean I'm Lucy Willis. I came here for an interview ma'am. I reply with a shaky voice not sure if I was giving out the right answer. Her son's girlfriend? Me? God not a chance.

"Ooh the interview, we postponed it till Monday dear. Didn't you receive the email"? She said looking at her ringing phone. She was all covered in filthy money, from her clothes, bags, shoe, phone, and her car. At that very moment I knew my hope was shattered, a phone call is always my dead end. It's always Mark ahead of time. He lives his promise, that damned bastard. Only if I had the courage to walk back in his office and face him, beg him to stop his nonsense I wouldn't be suffering this much.

"Ooh I didn't check my mailbox, it's so irresponsible of me. Thanks anyway ma'am. I will come back on Monday", I say with a warm smile on my face humbling myself while dying from the inside.

"You look presentable Miss Willis, I like you and you're hired. There is no need for an interview. I need someone to help me out-organize things right away and I don't have time to wait for interviews so you will be of help. Call me Mrs. Pamela Patterson, the wife of Melvin Patterson", she says stretching her hand to shake mine.

Without delay I give my hand out and shake with hers, "Thanks Mrs. Paterson. I will forever be grateful to you".

"My heart tells me you deserve it. So let's go we have a lot do", she says while heading inside. I walk behind her like a fool with excitement. Finally Mark was letting me go? Or was I hallucinating myself with a fake hope?
Behind her as we took every step people stood to greet her. Her phone kept ringing until she had no option but to pick it up. While she was on a phone call I tried to figure out her outfits brands but I didn't catch a thing all I had to conclude is that they were all customized and expensive. The only thing I got to figure out the brand name was her handbag purse, it was a Jimmy Choo tan Ramona leather tote with double handles with gold rings. I turned and gave a look at my leather hobo handbag purse and said to myself that we are two different people. We took the elevator heading the 40th floor. On the floor, there were two opposite huge offices, one which was a bit small than the other and a lounge with a reception with a restroom and washrooms in it making the floor more beautiful. A girl in his early twenties smiles and welcomes us handling a key card to Mrs. Patterson, I stare and warmly smile back at her.
©©©

My office has a chocolate brown contemporary bow front desk with a mesh back chair, one fabric made seat. It is huge with a coffee table and coffee machine on the right side. A black compass sofa on the left side. It's beautiful in general. A wide glass window giving a clear view of the busy city out of the company. My entrance door has tinted glass, no one sees the inside when outside. Wonder why they designed it in this manner.

Mrs. Patterson's office was colorful. It has an executive office set with an L-desk with an open hutch and a bookcase. The bookcase has file shelves. It was all in white with a white high back leather executive chair. It has a room and washroom I guess. I couldn't go inside. It was locked. Its glass walls made me wish it was my home you could see the night lights and the stars clearly each passing night. Enjoying a peaceful evening and mornings every day. It was designed for workaholics who have no time getting home for a rest.

"It's my son's room. He works all day long and nights. He has no time to go to his place and get a rest. Sometimes I scold him for being too occupied but he never changes. That's typical Houston", She state lost in guiltiness after I was caught staring at the closed door of the room in her amazing office. It felt like she was blaming herself for what he does to himself. Her mind tells her its all her fault, I knew that feeling and that look on her gold glowing face. It said it all. She wished she had made it better before it was too late, for her son.

"He will change some days. Only when he gets the right person to change him", I state to easy her guiltiness.
Houston. I whisper and smile to the sound of the name in my ears. What a beautiful but strange name. I sought again.

I wonderhere and there did all paper works and took some files with me home when it was time to leave. They needed some clarifications on profit rise and drop, the company has been encountering a drop of price in stock market, this wasn't my issue to deal with but I had to snoop my nose into this no matter what the cost.
It was a long day and I was tired. The only fear I wasn't able to get ride of was Mark. I felt like he was somewhere smiling waiting for my failure on this too. I have to hope that this weekend will be

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 19.8K 18
18 years old Amelia has always found life to be extremely tough, ever since she was conceived and left at the door step of an orphanage called Madiso...
3.7K 247 41
All is fair in love, war and Business. Is it though? Grace never had it easy when it came to life. First she had to deal with her parents trying rip...
4.4M 154K 50
*BEING RE-WRITTEN* "I never once told you I broke the engagement," his words were harsh and spoken in a cold voice but his hand that was running up a...
101 0 8
[ON HOLD] Amelia Claire, an independent soul, left her parent's home in Florida for New York, driven by the singular goal of securing a well-paying j...