The Parting Glass

By Avalon_Prime

Follow Dawn Avalon Summers on her journey of love, pain, loss, and hardship. As well as some sparkling cutene... More

Meet Dawn
Cade Causes Trouble
Optimus and the Creator Bitch?
Loose Cannons
Choices
The Pod
New Recruit
Holoforms
Legacy
Birthday Surprise
Just a Kiss
Omega Lock
Reinforcements
Rebellion
Little Surprise
Project Predacon
Chain of Command
Unexpected News
One Fucked Up Halloween
Minus Three and a Half
Persuasion
Deadlock
Predacon's Rise
The Parting Glass
Epilogue...
Arreis and Orion Growing Up
Announcement

The State Fair Talent Show

184 4 0
By Avalon_Prime

"So, is everyone ready?" I asked tying the red blouse of my outfit. Thanks to my holocover, I was able to go out in public.

"I'm so excited!" Miko cheered as she stood next to Bulkhead.

"Do we all have to go?" Ratchet complained.

"Would you shut up? You, Ironhide, and Ultra Magnes are staying here to monitor for Decepticon activity." I rolled my eyes. Ratchet was able to modify my holocover to give me pupils and irises.

"Dawn, it is time to go." Optimus transformed into a Western Star 3900. Just like the Optimus from back home used too.

"Yeah." I nodded.

     Raf hopped in Bee, Jack got on Arcee, June was with Smokescreen, Sunstreaker and Sideswipe were alone, and Miko was with Bulkhead. Ratchet activated the groundbridge on the Temenos and we all left. We were let out in a clearing in the woods. The bots activated their holoforms and drove out into the field to park. Though the Twins and Arcee had to park on the blacktop. Once we all met up and I paid for the tickets, everyone scattered in their assigned groups. Though at eleven-thirty, we were meeting at the stage for the talent competition. I already had a song picked and perfected. Growing up in Kentucky, and bringing the Team to the Kentucky State Fair, was a good change of scenery and familiarity.

"What should we do first?" Optimus offered me his arm after we got our hands stamped for the rides.

"Lets go on the Ferris wheel first. It's relaxing." I led him to the giant wheel and we got into one of the buckets after barely waiting in line.

"This is normally something that I do not partake in." Optimus admitted.

"Because Primes don't party." I sighed looking out over the area.

"Yes. But this is something else." Optimus slipped his arm around my waist. I rested my head on his shoulder and smiled at the faint smell of his holoform's flannel. It had the slight hint if diesel fuel, musk, and chocolate. When the ride was over, Optimus and I headed to the animal barns upon my begging him.

"I think there is one animal here you will adore." I smiled leading him over to a pen of baby goats. As soon as Optimus laid sight on them, a smile formed on his face.

"They are quite cute." Optimus reached his hand in and a baby goat came up to him and nuzzled the offered appendage.

"Told you so." I crossed my arms triumphantly. We spent the rest of the time riding rides till our alarms went off to meet at the stage for the talent show. "I'll be right back. I have to go change for the show."

"Alright." Optimus gave me a quick kiss as I scampered off to one of the nearby bathrooms.

     Once there I changed into a red dress that had gold accents to it. I also brushed my hair till it was silky. Nodding in approval of my appearance, I forced my way through the crowd to the back part of the stage. By then half the acts had gone. It was a big crowd. As soon as I had checked in, it was time for me to go on. I took a deep breath and walked onto the stage. Team Prime cheered the loudest when they saw me. It was difficult to keep the blue blush from my face. Calming my nerves, I began to sing The Sky and the Dawn and the Sun by Celtic woman. Cheers erupted from the crowd as I walked off stage to await the next round should I move on. Sure enough I did. The first round had fifty participants, the next round had twenty-five. Again, I was singing. When I came on again, the crowd fell silent as I sang A Spaceman Came Traveling by Celtic Woman. If I managed to make it to the final round, I was going to shake things up.

"Things are heating up. Especially if that flaming hot angel voiced woman keeps up her hard work!" the host winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Keep dreaming. I already have someone." I scoffed heading outside the back part of the stage where Miko waited with her guitar. "Thank you, kiddo."

"Knock 'em dead." She did the rock symbol with her hands and ran off to the others. I was called to the stage for the final round and I stepped out in a third outfit. Cheers from the men in the crowd made me roll my eyes as I took my place on stage. Thanks to Raf, I had a light show put together for this before hand, and the boy was taking care of it for me.

"Are you ready to rock this final round?" I shouted into the crowd. More cheers. Optimus stood right in front of the stage now with a small smile of encouragement. "Let us begin."

Music began to play and I played the guitar parts.

Out in the darkness, someone is rending the silence

Awakening this planet from its sleep

Who is it?

Look, evil spirits are right before you

There's nowhere to run, so take 'em straight on!

Someone tells me to erase my "worries" and "fear"

We reconstruct our minds

Clench your fists strongly

Believe in the bonds between us

And fight!

So all I can do

And all you can do

Is spread your wings and transform

Take the anger piercing your heart and turn it into strength

Now all I can do

And all you can do

Is shine and transform

To the stage of evolution

Touch and go!

Listen closely! It's a new "beginning"

Why do you think this age is testing us?

Power is awakened in an unknown area

Unleash the light, aim for the ultimate level!

We will all clear a series of trials

And overcome what we are now

Forward down the path of distress!

Believe in infinite evolution

And fight!

So all I can do

And all you can do

Is take off and transform

Turn all the scars left on your body into marks of pride

Now all I can do

And all you can do

Is battle on and transform

Down the road of evolution

Get and go!

Clench your fists strongly

Believe in the bonds between us

And fight!

So all I can do

And all you can do

Is spread your wings and transform

Take the anger piercing your heart and turn it into strength

Now all I can do

And all you can do

Is shine and transform

To the stage of evolution

Touch and go!

I panted heavily as I stood in the middle of the stage. My opponent came out and we awaited the final judgement.

"Alright, the votes are by the audience's applause and cheers." The host came out and stood between us performers and the crowd. "And... the winner is... DAWN SUMMERS!"

"Go Dawn!" Team Prime cheered over the roaring crowd.

"I won. I've finally won a talent competition." I smiled taking the large trophy and holding it up. My friends and Optimus came onto the stage and Optimus held me in his arms while the rest of the team ogled over the trophy.

"Kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss!" the audience chanted. I tried to pull away from the embrace to save him the embarrassment but before I could register anything, I felt a pair of lips on mine. My eyes fluttered shut as I wrapped my arms around Optimus' neck. Though his holoform's lips were soft, they didn't beat his real ones.

"Optimus, what about your regal, stoic image?" I asked when we broke the kiss.

"Just this one night." the elder Prime replied.

"Black mail!" Miko cheered waving her phone in the air.

"I'm gonna get her for that." I groaned as Optimus scooped me up bridal style and carried me to his waiting alt-mode.

"It is late, and we should head back to base. You can take her phone tomorrow." Optimus quietly chuckled.

"It's weird when you're not serious all the time." I poked his cheek as I was placed in his passenger seat. Bulkhead gave me my trophy and he and Miko hopped into his alt-mode.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.4K 1.7K 23
A group of hackers and long term friends who had always caused mayhem in their school life as well as life on the internet, stumble on one of the mos...
616 7 16
a retelling of sorts that been on my mind for a while. It won't make sense and a lot of information will probably be wrong and I may know it's wrong...
99.3K 3.4K 27
Transformers|| Revenge Of The Fallen. || Story 2 || Two years has passed since the battle between Autobots and Decepticons. After the saving the univ...
2.1K 160 22
Laura-Lee Lennox, not someone you want to pick a fight with or get on her bad side in general. She's daring, adventurous, and doesn't take jack sh*t...