The Stepbrother

By LovelyFeminist25

Serena LaDolce has always been used to being invisible in her rich upper east side life,while coping with her... More

prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
Chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
Chapter 24
chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
chapter 28
Chapter 29
chapter 30
Epilogue

chapter 10

20.7K 521 75
By LovelyFeminist25

It was hot the next day,probably almost 100 degrees,which meant we had to go to the beach or we'd die of a heat stroke.

I was sorta hoping it would only be Adam and me.And nooo,not because I wanted to be alone with him,but because I didn't want to be annoyed by Hailey or the 3 pervs.

But of course,I have horrible luck.

"Baby!",Hailey burst through the front door yelling.She was wearing a transparent white beach dress that showed the bright pink bikini she was wearing underneath.

I looked at her annoyed that she thought she could just barge in here like she was in her own house.I went back to reading my magazine on the sofa as she ran up stairs.

I was wearing a short denim skirt and a torquoise tank top with flip flops.I was a little self conscience to wear a swim suit in front of  half strangers and in front of the guy who I made out with in a closet.

Hailey came back downstairs alone and when she saw me she scrunched her face up,"Ew your going?And you're wearing that?"

I shrugged,"What's wrong with my outfit?!"

She smirked,"Aww,are you sef conscience about your body?Because from what I've heard of,New Yorkers are unfit."

I gaped at her.Not in the Upper East Side!!Where everyone had personal trainers and nutritionist watching every single thing they put in their mouths!And plus,I've played soccer and tennis since I was 8.I was far from being unfit.

"Shut up,that's not true."I said,walking past her.I ran upstairs past Adam who was coming downstairs.

I shuffled through my drawers until I found the brand new Chanel bathing my mom brought me From Paris.It was a deep navy blue 2-peice that would be considered riske,but it was the only extremely  nice one I had.

I put it on,then threw my clothes on top and ran downstairs where Adam was waiting,in a white v-neck shirt and navy beach shorts,that were almost the same color of his eyes."You ready?"

I nodded and followed him outside,where I saw a van parked in the driveway,with the 3 pervs,Tanya,and 2 other girls I didn't know.

"Hey serena!"Tanya said to me.She was wearing a pink dress with white polka dots that was definetly 1960s style and it looked cute on her.

"Hey,I love your dress,"I told her and she beamed.

"Hey hottie,"Will said,putting an arm around my shoulders.

I shrugged his arm off,"don't touch me.''

He grinned,"Playing hard to get I see."

I rolled my eyes and walked towards Adam who said to me,"We don't have enough room in the van,so we're gonna have to go in my car."

I nodded,happy.I dont think I could stand riding in the car with 3 guys who constantly hit on me.

I got into the passenger seat and Hailey came at that moment,"Get out."

I scowled at her,"What,no!"

Adam came at that second,"Hailey,just sit in the back."

She glared at him,"Are you serious?"

"Yes."

She groaned but got in the car.From the rearview mirror I could see her with her arms crossed and pouting,which made me smile.

It was only about a 20 minute car ride,which I was grateful for since Adam and Hailey were arguing about something dumb that happend last year.I wasn't even paying attention to what the fight was about but I remember hearing Hailey's high pitch voice and Adam trying to stay calm

Why did he go out with her,jeez,the girl was a total bitch.

As soon as I stepped out of the car,I could smell the salty air and hear the sea gulls and the waves crashing at the shore.I got a little home sick,since this was literally the first time I was at a beach without Alexis.

"Are you going to wear a bikini?",Michael asked me.We were in the beach less than 2 seconds and I  was already being harassed.

I took my flip flops off,feeling the warm sand under my feet,"leave me aloneeee MIchael."

He grinned,"Oh baby,I can't wait!",and he ran off to the water.

I felt someone jog up from behind me,then Adam appeared at my side,"hey."he said."Ignore the guys.They're stupid."

"Yeah,I kinda figured."
"Babe,"Hailey came to interrupt,"Let's go to the boardwalk.We need to talk."

"Um,I told Serena I would keep her company."

What?When did he say that?

"Who cares about her?I'm more important",she flipped.

"It's ok,really,I'll go with Tanya."I said dully.I liked Tanya but being with Tanya meant the guys were gonna tag along.

Adam looked a little hesitant,but said,"Ok."and walked off with Hailey.

I went over to where Tanya was setting the beach chair.She took her dress off to reveal..yup you guessed it,a 1960's style bathing suit.It looked great on her though."You gonna get it?"she asked me.

"Yeah,come with us!".Robbie said.

I shrugged and walked over to the shore,putting my feet in the cold water.I was hesitant to get it,but i felt the hot sun burning on my back,and beads of sweat forming around my forehead.I was definetly getting in.

The one girl wh's name I didn't know said to me,"Hey,you're Adam's stepsister,right?"

I nodded,"Yeah,that's me."

"Serena,right?"the other girl asked.I nodded and she said,"I'm Kayla."

"And I'm Liz,"the other girl said.

"I love how you dress,"Kayla said smiling as she pulled her beach dress over her head,"its very New York-ish."

"Obviously,"Liz said,"She's from New York,you noob."

I started laughing and I said,"thanks."

I suddenly felt a pair of hands at my side and I spun around,only to see Robbie grinning like the moron he was.

How stupid of me to suddenly hope it would be Adam.

"Hey,aren't you going to take off your clothes and show us your hot body?"

"Get away from me you creep!"I exclaimed,but I pulled my shirt over my head anyways,and then pulled down my skirt,and handed him my clothes,"now be a sweetheart and take my clothes and put in on the beach chair."

He grinned,"Your wish is my command!"and he ran off.

I rolled my eyes and laughed a little,as I got in deeper into the freezing water.Not even in this burning heat could this water warm up.

"Hey guys,"Tanya said joining us.Then to me,"Serena,did you meet Kayla and Liz already?"

I nodded,"yeah."

"They're nothing like Hailey so you don't have to worry about them."

"You're on Hailey's bad side already?"Liz asked me as a small wave crashed against us.

"Since day 1",I responded.

"Oh,well she's all talk anyways,"Kayla said,"We're just friends with her because we've known her since like,forever.Otherwise,we really don't like her."

"Yup,just ignore her."Liz said,giving me an encouraging smile,"we all do."

I laughed and smiled happily.Maybe New Jersey wasn't going to be so bad after all.

After spending a long time in the water,I got out and walked back to where they had set the beach chairs at.I sat down and closed my eyes for a second,feeling the burning sun.

And then out of no where,I felt darkness over my face.

I opened my eyes and saw Adam standing over me,smiling.

"May I help you?"I asked smiling.

"I just like annoying you."he replied and I threw Tanya's flip flop at him.

Hailey set the towel on the sand and said,"I'm going to tan for a while."She looked at me that instance and flipped her long blonde hair to the other side of her neck,revealing a bright red hickey.

Adam's eyes narrowed to what I was looking at and he clamped his mouth shut,as if he didn't know how to explain what he had done.

Why should he have to explain anything though?Hailey was his girlfriend and he was allowed to do whatever the hell he wanted to.

"I'll stay here too."and he sat on the beach chair next to me.

I went back to texting Alexis(who was also sunbathing but in Tahiti!NOT FAIR!!) and we stayed in silence for atleast 10 minutes.

Then Adam asked,"So,you got in?"

"Yes."I answered flatly,not wanting to make conversation with him.I didn't want to admit it,but knowing where Adam's beautiful lips had been on Hailey's body hurt me.

"Isn't the water cold?"

"Yes."I said again.I shut my eyes,wanting to relax,but I felt his eyes on me.

My eyes flew open and annoyed I asked "What?!"

"Can you guys shut the eff up."Hailey said from below.

Ignoring her,Adam said,"What do you think of this beach?I bet you think this beach is crap compared to the Hamptons."

I chuckled,"The beach here is exactly how it is at the Hamptons."

"Except without the glamourous beach houses!"He laughed to himself,"I'm sure you would do anything to be there."

I sighed,remembering my beach house in Tahiti,where Alexis was staying at(when we went to Fiji,we used hers).I could've been sunbathing with her under the warm,Tahitian sun,laying on the pure white sand,getting a massage by a masseuse named Fabio,while listening to the sweet llulaby of the ocean,that was so crystal clear,you could see the fish swimming underneath.

 "But instead you're here with me!"Adam said,laughing to himself again as he pulled me away from my beautiful daydream.He smiled at me and lighly put his hand on my bare thigh.

Why did I have to get an electric current through my body when he did that?!And why did he keep looking at my body?Did I look that bad in a bikini?

"Well it's not too bad here,"I said,my cheeks burning since he still hadn't moved his hand from my leg,"it's...relaxing."

He smiled at me again,and I turned away because I felt that at any second,my cheeks might catch on fire(which is actually kinda funny if you think about it).

"Better than Tahiti,or whatever tropical place you go?"He asked with a smirk.

I chuckled,"I wouldn't take it that far."And he chuckled.

"Well no one wants you here so you can just leave,"we heard Hailey say.

"Don't be mean Hailey."Adam scolded lightly.Then to me he said,"trust me,you'd be surprised at how many people want you here."

"Are you one of them?"I asked jokingly,hoping I didn't sound flirtatious,since Adam and I were starting to move past what happend.

He looked away,but had a little smile on his face,"I wouldn't take it that far."

After talking to me,Adam went with the guys and Hailey,and I stayed back with Tanya,Kayla and Liz.

"Ok,"Kayla began,"If you guys could make out with any famous dude,who would it be?"

"Taylor Laughter!",Tanya and Liz exclaimed at the same time.

"I'm more of a Robert Pattinson girl myself."Kayla said.

"That's easy,Cristiano Ronaldo."I said.

They all looked confused."Who is that?"Tanya asked.

I grabbed my Iphone and googled Cristiano Ronaldo.When I showed them his picture they gasped and nodded approvingly.

"Mmm,I could kiss him all night!"Kayla said,causing us to giggle.

"Oh,the things I would do to him..."I sang out.

"Do to who?"Adam asked laughing as he came and joined us on the large beach towel.He got in between me and Tanya and pressed his cool skin against me.He had just come out of the water,his brown hair dark and wet,his skin smelling like fresh salt.He had put his white t-shirt back on,but it was sticking to his damp body,showing his hard,lean stomach,his strong arms.

I turned away,once again,my cheeks burning insanely hot.

"Cristiano Ronaldo."Tanya answered for me when I didn't because I was too busy fantasizing about Adam's body.

"Ha!I knew you had the hots for him!"he teased me.

I blushed,"He's handsome.You can't deny it."

He snorted,"Pleaaassse,he is not."

"I gotta agree with Serena,"Kayla said,"the guy is hot"

Adam rolled his eyes,"You guys don't know what good taste is."

"Well,someone wishes he looked like Cristiano Ronaldo."Liz said and we laughed.

"I'm waaayy better looking than that guy."Adam argued.

For a second,I could actually believe that.

Everyone started preparing to leave at around 8,since some people,not saying any names..(Will,Robbie and Michael)had summer school to go to tommorow.

I had stayed back with the girls,while Adam and Hailey went off again to talk.

I assumed Adam was marking her skin again.

And I admit,it bothered me.

When they came back though,Hailey had an angry look on her face and she looked like she wanted to punch somebody,while Adam was non chalant and cool as always.

"I'm riding with you guys,"Hailey practically yelled as she headed into the van.

"Bye,"Adam said,waving off at them as they drove off.

When they were gone,I opened my mouth to ask what happed to Barbie over there but he said first,"let's go to the boardwalk..unless you wanna go home already."

"No,it's fine."I said,surprised.I thought he would want to leave too,and not stay along with his "creepy"stepsister.

We began walking in silence,enjoying the warm summer breeze that smelled of fresh salt.As I opened my mouth to say something,Adam interrupted me and said,"We need to talk about that night."

I stopped to stare if he was serious,my heart beginning to accelerate.He was."Oh,ok.."

We stood there,not knowing what to say.None of us knew exactly where to start,I guess.

Finally,Adam looked into my eyes,with pure sincerity and said,"I shouldn't have treated you so bad afterwards like I did.I just thought...the whole situation with us being complete strangers,to suddenly having to live in the same house,was just akward,and I didn't know how to handle the situation so...I just went and treated you really bad."

I looked down,glad it was night so that he couldn't really see my red cheeks under the dim lights,"I wasn't that nice either.And it was pretty akward so I understand.Sorry."

He smiled a little,"I'm sorry too."

I leaned against the railing and asked something that was bothering me,"So,where you dating Hailey at that time when we-"

"No,"he answered quickly,"I was mad at Hailey at the time,so you could say we were taking a break."

I couldn't help but get a little defensive,"So you went and used me because you were mad at Hailey?"

"No,no,no,"He said loudly,as he tried to convince me that I wasn't some rebound,"I just wanted something different to happen that night,Serena."He looked hard into my eyes and I could feel my knees turning into water as the butterflies in my stomach fluttered like crazy,"I'm the type of guy who always worries about consequences and who is never spontaneous,and for one night,I just wanted to live in the moment.And when I saw you standing in front of me,so shy,so beautiful,I wanted to have that care free expirience with you."

I tried not to let my jaw drop.Did he just call me beautiful?"Oh,I see."Was all I could say.I was still in La La Land.

"Are you still mad?"He asked with concern.

I shook my head.I was more like in a daze.I tried to smile reassuringly,"It was nice,but it's no big deal."

He smiled,"I know,it was really nice,and I'm glad you understand.I was kinda scared that you would be difficult about it."

I laughed softly,"I'm not hard headed like Hailey."

Suddenly,he looked at me in a way that made it seem like he was looking at me for the first time.It was a way that made my knees dissolve and made my body feel like I might float away at any second,"It was really no big deal for you?"

I shrugged,"Like I said,it was nice,but I wasn't expecting us to get married or anything."False.I expected us to get married.

He laughed,"Well I can say that I don't regret it.But I should have handled the situation more maturely."

I gave him a little smile,"I don't regret it either."

On the walk back,I asked Adam,"So,what happend with Hailey?"
"Um,she got mad about the....you know...sex situation."He said a little embarrassed.

I stayed quiet.What could I say to that?

"She just doesn't see things from my point of view."he continued.

"And what would that be?"I asked,curiousity getting the best of me.

He didn't answer right away.When he did though,he said,"I think that if you have sex for the first time,it should be with someone you love,not just to get it over with.I believe that sex should have a meaning.You should do it to show your love towards that person who holds your heart.Not just to have a good time with a person you don't have feelings towards."He looked down and the ground and sighed."God,you probably think I'm pathetic."

"Of course not."I said truthfully,"I think that's beautiful what you said.Not many people think that way."

He looked up,still looking a little embarrassed,but smiled a little,"Really?"

I nodded,"I agree with you completly.It's calling"making love"for a reason.Because love should be involved when you do it."

His smile grew bigger as he looked at me in that way that suddenly made my heart jump,"So what about you?Are you  a virgin?"

I practically choked on my saliva,"What?"

He laughed,"Jeez,you don't have to answer me if you don't want to."

I chuckled,"Sorry you just caught me off guard.And yeah I'm a virgin too."

He smiled as he looked down at the ground,"Well,you better not tell anyone what I told you today because I will deny it all and you will like like a creep."

I laughed,"Your secret is safe with me."

"Whoo,"he said,"I'm glad I got that off my chest."

I chuckled,"Your dumb"

"And your a creep."

We both began laughing now.Adam and I were no longer enemies.Now,we were actually becoming friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.6K 1.1K 32
Julia thought senior year was gonna be the best year in her life. After ending a two year relationship and dealing with her mothers new marriage, it...
7.9K 129 35
June's senior year in high school starts probably the worst way possible - her first boyfriend and supposedly love of her life cheats on her and dump...
1 0 1
Two high school seniors, he is an intelligent young black straight-A student who loves to play basketball and cook named Teddy and she is a bright yo...
118K 1.9K 32
Serena had a rough life and after going to college she meets her best friend Elaine, with only a couple months left of college she meets her best fri...