Kylie αnd Julian

De SimplyTheAnne

When Kylie Johnson's temperamental, ominous, and overprotective older brother continuously ruins her love lif... Mai multe

Prologue
Chap. 1
Chap. 2
Chap. 3
Chap. 4
Chap. 5
Chap. 6
Chap. 7
Chap. 8
Chap. 10
Special Chapter (Julian's P.O.V)
Chap. 11
Chap. 12
Chap. 13
Chap. 14
Chap. 15
Chap. 16
Chap. 17
Chap. 18
Chap. 19
Chap. 20
Chap. 21
Chap. 22
Chap. 23
Chap. 24
Chap. 25
Chap. 26
Chap. 27
Chap. 28
Chap. 29
Chap. 30
Chap. 31
Chap. 32
Chap. 33
Chap. 34
Chap. 35
Chap. 36
Chap. 37
Chap. 38
Chap. 39
Chap. 40
Chap. 41 - Part I
Chap 41 - Part II
Epilogue (Alternate Ending)

Chap. 9

2.6K 143 50
De SimplyTheAnne

"Dad!" I melt myself in my dad's arms after running to his office.

He chuckles as he hugs me tightly, "Hey there, Pumpkin. Missed me?"

"Not really." I depart from him and smile teasingly.

He laughs and places his phone down on his desk. "Your mother told me what happened. I've already taken care of Mario." He winks at me.

"That won't make him stop."

"Trust me, it will."

I raise my eyebrows and cross my arms over my chest. "Oh yeah? How many times have you grounded him for months and he continued to be the same asshole?"

"Language, Pumpkin." He pokes my nose.

I shake my head, deciding to drop the subject. "How was dinner with mom yesterday?"

"Awful." He dramatically sighs.

I mock glare at him and then mom enters his office. "He's lying. It was lovely."

Mom places a peck on my forehead and then slaps dad's arm playfully. "You even cried when you gave me that lovely speech."

Dad forces a gasp and then covers my ears. "Selena!"

I laugh as I remove his hands from my ears. My mom giggles and dad pulls her close for a long, sloppy kiss.

I cover my eyes disgustedly. "Get a room."

"Leave the room," dad shoots back with a small smirk, his arms wrapped around mom's waist.

"With pleasure," I say before stepping out of his office. I head to the kitchen and encounter my brothers and Scarlett sitting at the counter whilst eating breakfast.

"Morning," I say, trying my best to avoid looking at Mario. I am so angry at him that I can't even stand to be in the same room as him.

"Morning," everyone except Mario replies.

Not a surprise.

I take a seat next to Scarlett and smile at her after analyzing her outfit. She's wearing one of my red sundresses. It looks nice on her, a little tight but nice. I grab my plate of pancakes and ooze honey syrup on the one on top.

"Pass me the syrup, Ky," Marvin orders.

I raise an eyebrow at him. "Manners?"

He rolls his eyes. "Pass. It."

"Only after you ask for it. Not command for it." I clench my jaw and keep the syrup to myself.

"Mark?" My twin looks at our oldest brother, looking for a defender, and Mark solely shrugs.

"Don't involve me in this," he grunts.

Marvin sighs, looking for another person to defend him. "Mario?"

Mario keeps his eyes down and ignores him, munching his food angrily.

"Matt?" Marvin calls tiredly.

"Say please," Matt smiles ironically at him. "It's not that hard or is it?"

Marvin rolls his eyes and then turns to face my friend. "Scarlett?"

"Go to hell," she responds and I laugh. Matt joins me after a second.

Marvin rolls his eyes once again and stands up to take the syrup from me abruptly.

"Bitch," he mutters as he takes a seat back on his barstool.

"Dick."

"That's enough," Mark intervenes, looking up to send a death glare at me.

I drop my jaw. "I did nothing!"

"You never do," Mario mutters which causes my eyes to snap at him. He angrily gets up, grabs his backpack and exits the kitchen.

Dad surely did something to him.

I sigh frustratedly and remain silent. It's always Kylie's fault. Kylie always does this and that. Kylie is a two-year-old. Kylie is a bitch. Kylie mustn't have a boyfriend. Kylie isn't allowed to retort.

When will that finally change?

***

"Bae, "I smile at Mia as I find her sitting at the same table that Scarlett and I usually sit at.

"You're having lunch with us today?" I sit next to her while Scarlett and Ethan sit across from us.

"Yeah," she gives us a small smile, sadness drowned in her voice.

"What did he do now?" Scarlett narrows her eyes at Mia, referring to Mario.

"Who?" Mia asks as if she has no idea what Scarlett is talking about.

"Don't give us the crap," I roll my eyes. "What did Mario do this time?"

She tucks a piece of her blonde her behind her ear, her sad eyes frowning. "He didn't do anything but apologize. That's what hurts the most."

Scarlett and I furrow our eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" Ethan asks.

"I lied to you last night, Kylie," Mia confesses, looking down at her salad with a sad face.

"Lied about what?" I have a feeling that I know what she means yet I decide to question.

"Mario didn't ask me to get back together with him," she admits, tears bubbling up in her sorrowed eyes.

My mouth slightly falls open. "He didn't?"

She shakes her head, pushing back all tears. "H-he simply apologized to me for what happened and then left. He didn't say that he wants me back or that he didn't mean what he said about breaking up."

I instantly embrace her tenderly. "Oh, Mia...I'm so sorry. Why wouldn't he want you back? That's weird."

Scarlett stands up and sits down next to Mia, placing a hand on her shoulder in a sign of comfort. "It's bullshit."

"Yeah, we all know he loves you," Ethan amends.

"He simply apologized for ruining the night and then left when I said that I forgave him," she explains, trying to control her tears. "He seemed uncomfortable, so I didn't have the guts to ask him."

"I think he guessed that after he apologized, you two would've automatically gotten back together?" I try guessing as I run my hand up and down her back.

"That's stupid," she sniffles.

"Well, Mario is stupid," Scarlett says, venom in her voice, and I send her a glare. "He doesn't understand girls."

"So what should I do?" Mia asks, the corners of her lips tilting downwards, "Maybe say 'hey, Mario, you forgot to ask me to be your girlfriend again, maybe you'd like asking right now?'"

Ethan chuckles. "Because that's the most logical thing to do."

I raise an eyebrow at him, hitting his arm. "She doesn't need your sarcasm right now. Thank you." He smiles sheepishly.

"I really hope he comes to me," Mia admits. "Because when he does, I'll give him a piece of my mind."

We all chuckle.

"Now eat before the bell rings," I say kindly. "Just ignore and avoid him."

She flashes me a small thankful smile as we all begin eating our lunches.

I spot Julian sitting at his usual table with Matt and some of his basketball teammates next to him. I can't help but stare at him.

He glances at me a few times and smiles whenever I look back. I blush and smile idiotically. It's such a shame that we can't be seen together. Suddenly, my phone vibrates and I slide it out of my jeans' pocket.

Julian Davis: meet me at the hall outside the lunchroom

I look up to meet his eyes and he flashes me a small smile from afar. I raise my eyebrows at him and he simply nods towards the door. I let out a small sigh and excuse myself from the table.

"Where are you going?" Ethan asks.

"Uh, bathroom. To poop."

"TMI," Scarlett groans, covering her mouth with her hands.

Chuckling, I exit the lunchroom and start walking towards the middle of the hall.

Julian is crazy! Someone might see us.

I let out a quiet scream as I am dragged into a small room, my eyes covered by a big, soft hand and after, a strong arm is wrapped around my waist.

"The heck— "

I remove the hand from my eyes and turn around, ready to punch whoever forced me to enter this room. The lights are turned on and my eyes find a smirking Julian standing in front of some cleaning supplies.

Oh. Janitor's closet. He actually did it.

"Hey, Bug," he smiles sweetly.

"Julian!" I exclaim smilingly before lightly slapping his chest. "What if someone saw us?"

"I waited until the hall got empty."

"If you get us in trouble, Julian Davis — "

Before I finish my sentence, he softly cups my cheeks with his hands and kisses my lips, softly at first and then hungrily.

"You have no idea how much I've been wanting to do that since this morning," he whispers in my lips and I smilingly bite my bottom lip, causing his lips to meet mine again.

I wrap my hands around his neck and pull him closer to me. I've missed his touch. I've missed his kisses. I hate the fact that we can't do anything romantic in front of others.

I pull away from him, trying to find air. "We have to go to class in a few—"

He throws his head back and lightly groans.

I insert my hands in the back pockets of my jeans and smile sheepishly. "I know..."

"You're going to my house after school, right?" He asks, a hopeful sparkle in his eyes.

"After swim practice," I rectify. "Yeah."

"Good," he cups my cheeks with his hands and kisses my nose before letting go of me. "I'll be waiting."

I nod and slowly open the closet door, sticking my head out carefully to make sure that the corridor is empty.

Luckily, it's empty.

I glance at him. "You should only come out after a few minutes, okay?"

He nods and I quickly exit the janitor's closet, shutting the door behind me.

I trail my fingers to my lips and smile, remembering his soft, tasty pink lips.

The bell rings and I calmly make my way to my next class after grabbing my things from my locker.

***

"Afternoon, coach," I greet our swim coach as I step out of the girl's locker room, tying my hair into a low, messy ponytail.

He blows his whistle at one of the girls I will be competing with at the school swimming tournament and then he turns to look at me, his hands on his hips. "You're late."

I slide my swim cap over my hair after pulling the ponytail upwards and smile apologetically. "Won't be repeated."

"Better not," he grumbles. "I don't want my best female swimmer and team captain to behave that way."

I mentally roll my eyes and then place my hands on my hips as I turn to watch my toughest competitor — Penelope Brown  — flying inside the water with ease whilst using the breaststroke.

I bite the inside of my cheek nervously. She's good. Although I'm the best swimmer at Stoneswood Private High School, I still fear that anyone else can beat my records. I am not perfect but coach Jones seems to have that idiotic idea stuck in his big head that weighs more than his own body. He demands and expects so much from me that sometimes it can get utterly frustrating.

"39.8" coach announces to Penelope, writing it down on her timesheet.

Shit. My best time for 50m is 38.2 seconds. She's close to reaching my time.

"Have you warmed up?" Coach turns to face me.

I nod, putting on my goggles.

"Then get in," he orders and I immediately get into position to dive into the water.

These last few days we have been working our butts off to beat our own records, which means that I haven't been in control of the team. Our team consists of girls and boys yet our swim races differ. Boys compete with boys. Girls compete with girls. Which is absolutely stupid, if I must admit.

"50m freestyle first and then breaststroke," he shouts before I jump into the water.

Once my whole body fights its way under the water, I keep my strokes consistent as I swim freely and rapidly until I complete the first 50 meters.

"Good," coach says as he looks down at the small timer in his hands. "Same time as always."

I nod as I support my whole body with one arm placed on the cool tile. I get into position to begin the breaststroke and then do it with ease. When done with the 50m, I pull my head up and suck for air, supporting my body with one arm placed on a tile outside the pool.

"38.9," he tells me and I let out a sigh.

This time I took longer by a few milliseconds. It's alright. As long as I do not, under any circumstance, leave the 38 to a higher number, then it's alright.

"600 meters, freestyle. 300 meters, breaststroke. I'll be counting and recording your time," the coach tells us.

We complete the exhausting order after what felt like an eternity and then rest for a few minutes before doing a couple more.

I can already feel my body getting heavier and heavier at each stroke, my arms slightly getting fatigued. Coach Jones blows his whistle and orders everyone to listen to what he has to say. I stand on my feet on the highest level of the pool and my arms play inside the water.

"As you know, the school swimming tournament is in weeks yet none of you seem to be fit," he starts pacing after placing his hands on his hips. "Each one of you can do much better and you know it."

He turns to look at me and I immediately stop flailing my arms inside the water otherwise he'd think that I am not taking any of this seriously.

But I am entirely serious. Swimming is my life. I love it more than anything.

He sighs and looks down at his watch. "Class is almost over. Boys, shortest time for freestyle today was 26.9 by Josh. Girls, shortest time for freestyle was 27.0 seconds by Kylie and Penelope."

I gulp. She's just as good as me. Maybe even better. Coach Jones gives me a slight disappointed look and I avert my eyes from his.

"Shortest time for the breaststroke was 38.4 by Kylie."

I sigh, relieved. At least I beat her on that one. I hope that this will keep the coach satisfied.

"Give me 300m and off you go," coach orders.

I hear a few groans and sighs. I contain the urge to do the same because I know that if I join them then I will be harshly scolded by coach after class.

After being the first one to finish the 300m I pull my exhausted body out of the water and start walking towards the showers, removing the swim cap from my head.

Only an hour has passed but it feels like centuries.

"Johnson," coach calls, his voice rigid.

I screw my eyes shut for a second before turning around and walking towards him with a sigh.

"Yeah, coach?"

"You know how important it is to win the tournament, right?"

I nod, mentally rolling my eyes. "Yes, coach."

"You know that if you win it then you'll participate in the interschool tournament."

"I know, coach."

"Then why didn't you try harder?"

I take a deep breath to calm my nerves. "I'm giving my best, coa—"

"38.4 and 27.0 are not your best." He nags, his somewhat big stomach wiggling a little when he flails his arms.

"I'm trying, coach."

"Well try harder," he says in a strict tone, the frowns in his forehead making their way to my sight.

I nod roughly, looking away from him. "Is that all?"

He clenches his jaw before walking away.

I mentally groan and take big, angry steps as I walk to the girls' locker room, my muscles aching intently.

He demands so much from me and it kills me whenever I disappoint him. But he requires a lot from me, not understanding that I am no fish, simply a human being.

***

"You took long," Julian comments as he opens the front door of his two-story house. He pecks my lips before allowing me in.

I sigh as I step into the modern house, memories of when we used to be here alone flashing back. "Coach Jones was being a total perfectionist."

He slowly nods, understanding what I mean.

He takes my school bag from me and walks to his bedroom while I go to his kitchen and take a seat at the counter with my phone in my hand. I text Scarlett.

I roll my eyes smilingly and place my phone on the counter before standing up and getting a bottle of water from the refrigerator. Julian steps into the kitchen a few seconds later, heading to the oven.

I didn't even realize that there was food in there.

"Starving?" He asks as he gets the cauliflower cheese out of the oven.

"Yeah," I say as I throw the empty bottle of water into the bin. "Where are your parents?"

"Dad's working. Mom's upstairs," he informs and I nod before taking a seat on the counter.

"Don't worry, they'll be here in a few," he assures as he places the bowl on the table.

"Do you need help setting the table?"

"Gladys will do that. I need to go give my mom her pills."

"Pills?"

He nods as he walks towards the medicine cabinet. "Migraine."

"Oh." I frown.

He gives me a small smile as he takes a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Gladys!" He calls the maidservant.

The middle-aged woman enters the large kitchen and smiles at me, her eyes bugging out in surprise. "Kylie!"

I smile sweetly. "Hi, Gladys. It is so nice to see you again."

"It's been a long time," she says, her hands clasped.

"Gladys, will you please set the table? I'm going upstairs to give mom the paracetamol," Julian interrupts, a pleading smile on his face.

She nods politely. "Of course."

"I'll be right back, Bug," Julian tells me. I nod and watch as he leaves the kitchen with a glass of water and a box of pills on a tray in his hands.

Gladys walks to one of the cabinets whilst giving me a sly smile. "Did I hear correctly? Did he just call you by the old nickname?"

I blush, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. "He did. We're, um, back together."

"Oh," she smiles. "So that's why he's been joyful these last few days. It took long though..."

I blush even more. Is that really the effect I give him?

Gladys places five plates on the table and then walks towards the cupboard. "When you two broke up, he'd been locked inside his bedroom for hours doing God knows what."

I frown, feeling a soft pang on my heart. I hate that I caused him so much pain. And I hate it even more that I wasn't honest with him.

But it's all in the past now. I should be able to forget about it.

"Now it's all back to normal," she continues, sighing in satisfaction. "And his eyes luster more than you can imagine whenever he thinks about you." She winks at me and I giggle.

"He truly loves you."

I freeze and process her words in my brain.

He loves me?

"How would you know it's love?" I ask, curiosity laced in my voice.

"Oh please," she chuckles, waving her hand dismissively. "I know what love is, darling. And I just know that he has a very special place in his heart solely for you."

I smile idiotically, allowing her words to sink in my heart.

"I have a very special place in my heart just for him too. I don't think he even knows how much I care for him."

"Oh, but I do," Julian says as he enters the kitchen with a smirk invading his lips.

___
__________°^•^°__________
___

Longest chapter so far, containing exactly 3357 words (including the author's note). And with a cliffhanger, hehe.

Were you expecting that from Mario and Mia? What did you think of Mario's behavior? And what about Coach Jones? He surely is fastidious.

The picture on top is of John Duhamel cast as Kylie's father, Ben Johnson. Thoughts?

Next Update: Monday

Spoiler: so we didn't get a chance to meet Julian's family in this chapter, huh? Then you know what's next.

Keep reading/voting/commenting. Especially commenting.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

69.5K 1.5K 33
After years of ups and down, Ryan William is left all alone even though he's surround by a lot of people. Choosing his love over the girl everyone th...
Thirty-One Letters De Brenna

Ficțiune adolescenți

33K 2.3K 38
*A Watty's 2021 Shortlister* Three months and twenty-five days. The last time Hadley Brown saw her brother alive. When Tanner commits suicide, the e...
Tough Love De Ray Ray

Ficțiune adolescenți

2K 103 28
Imagine having tough love? This story is about a boy name Oliver. Hills....who has something about himself he knows. but his dad doesn't support it...
265K 5.5K 49
"Tell me. Why won't you tell me?" He asks and I look towards him slowly, "You didn't even talk to me until yesterday! I'm trying to make it so nobody...