Bad Taste (book 1)

By lacedangel

in which a boy gets into an accident at a party and ends up falling in love with the girl he used to bully. h... More

CHARACTERS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42 [ THE FINAL CHAPTER ]

20

80.9K 3.2K 7.3K
By lacedangel

FRIDAY
[ GRAYSON'S POV ]

I picked up the cooler; bringing it onto the boat and putting it onto the floor.

"You guys ready?" Ethan asked us while gripping is hand onto the wheel that steers the boat.

"Yes hurry up I'm trying to get a tan." Allison complained from the front of the boat where her, Taylor and Peytan were laying out with their sunglasses on.

"I thought we already talked about this? You're just gonna burn." Ethan smirked while holding onto the handle above him and leaning his body forward.

Allison rolled onto her stomach so she could talk to him. "I'm pretty sure we both know that it's gonna be you that burns."

"Alright, lets make a deal." He bent down so his face could be even with hers. "Whoever is most burnt by tomorrow has to get left in the water for 10 minutes alone while the boat drives away." Ethan smirked down to her.

She laughed, "You're on." She held out her hand and they shook it.

It still confuses me on how fast they gave in to each other. I'm not complaining though. It's peaceful.

If only he could have gotten hit on the head way earlier, things could have been like this along time ago.

I've never seen Ethan act this way towards a girl.

He claims that he doesn't like her like that, and that he's just nice because they are friends but anyone could see it. Anyone except them.

The way that he flirts with her, touches her like she's his most prized possession, comforts her like she was gonna die tomorrow. It's so obvious he's into her.

In my opinion, it's more than that, but I don't know. It's only been a little over three weeks.

I wouldn't be surprised though, I knew he would fall for her if he took the time to get to know her, and now he knows her.

I guess the real question would be that if he is into her, is she even willing to look at him like that after the horror he put her though?

"Oh my god can we just go already? I'm ready to swim." Jeff sat down onto one of the seats.

"Okay okay, lets go." Ethan walked back to the steering wheel and reversed out of the marina and took off towards the ocean.

"Drive slow Ethan, we don't want the girls falling off the front." I told him.

He narrowed his eyebrows letting out a chuckle, "obviously. I'm not stupid."

I shrugged, "Sorry I forgot you're not reckless anymore." I grinned.
He sent me a stern look, "Shut up."

I laughed and sat back down onto one of the couches.

_______

"Alright, the anchors down." Ethan wiped his hands off onto his shorts while taking his sunglasses off.

"Yes!" Taylor yelled while coming down from the front of the boat.

We all removed our shirts leaving us in our bathing suits.

Allison came down and removed her jean shorts then her shirt. I looked to Ethan seeing him watch her. He licked his lips really fast then looked away from her and out to the ocean.

That horny fucker.

"Turn up the music!" Jeff told Peytan before jumping into the deep blue ocean water.

I pulled out a sprite from the cooler and sat down onto the bench.

"I'm coming!" Taylor screamed jumping into the water after Jeff.
"Count me in!" Peytan sprinted off the boat and jumped into the water.

Allison laughed while standing on the deck where Peytan had just jumped off. "Is it cold?" She tucked a hair behind her ear then dipping her toe in.

"Guess you'll have to find out." Ethan yelled before tackling Allison into the water.

"Ooo!" Everyone laughed.

Ethan came back up with a huge smile on his face while flipping his hair out of his face.
Allison came back up looking like she was gonna kill him. "I hate you!" She splashed him.

"I'm sorry!" He stretches out his words while swimming closer to her.

She wiped off the water from her face with her hands while his hands gripped onto her waist. She looked up to him and his eyebrows raised, "are you mad?"

She crossed her arms pretending to be pissed but a small smirk appeared onto her face. "No." Her hands grabbed onto his shoulders and pushed him underwater.

He came back from the water and ran his hand through his hair; slicking it back. "Loser." He splashed her.

"Me? Heck no, you're the loser! I won." She splashed him back.

"No you didn't." He grinned while he started to tickle her underwater.

"Oh my gosh!" She giggled. "Stop! Stop! Stop!" She tried to swim away from him but he grabbed her ankle and pulled her back closer; his arms wrapping around her from the back.

"Say I won, or I'm pulling you under." He threatened.

"Okay. Okay." She paused. "You didn't win." She giggled.
"That's it!" He pulled her underwater with him.

They came back up laughing and wiping off their faces.

They are so oblivious.

_____
6:10pm
[ ALLISON'S POV ]

"Pass me the strawberries!" I pointed to the orange fruit bowl next to Jeff.

"Yes ma'am." He grabbed to bowl and handed it to me.

Ethan, Grayson and Taylor all got out of the water and grabbed their towels. They all dried off; Taylor put on her shirt while Ethan and Grayson both put on tank tops.

My body lightly swayed to the calming music that reminded me of summer. I stuck a strawberry into my mouth while watching the water hit the side of the boat calmly.

"Here, want a blanket?" Ethan handed me a navy blue blanket while sitting on the cushioned bench-next to me.

"Thank you." I grabbed it from him and wrapped it around my body.

I looked down to my body and felt proud for once in a long time. I wasn't ashamed of the body I had.

"So who is looking tanner as of right now?" Ethans eyebrow perked up while looking at the everybody.

They all scanned each of our bodies, "hate to say it, but ethans looking a little dark." Peytan shrugged while sticking a grape into her mouth.

"I think he's got you on this one, Allison." Grayson's eyebrows raised while he looked away.

"Fuck." I mumbled.
"Awh, don't be butt hurt. Maybe the sharks will decide to be nice to you and not eat you." He joked causing everyone to laugh.

"Not funny." I gave him a stern side eye.

"Don't worry, you'll survive." He unexpectedly places a kiss onto my cheek while getting up from the bench and holding out his hand, "Come on."

Grayson and Taylor looked back and forth to Peytan and Jeff while they all looked shocked with grins on their faces.

"Where are we going?" I took his hand along with the blanket that was wrapped around me.

"Up to the front of the boat." He led me to where I was sitting this morning when we first left the marina.

I could feel my cheek buzzing with heat in the exact spot that he kissed me. My body was tingling from the thought of the sensation from his lips connecting with me physically

I sat down with my knees to my chest while he let his legs loosely lay out.

"Why did we come up here?" I asked him.
"To watch the sunset." He smiled pointing to the orange sky. The sun was slowly disappearing over the ocean line.

"Is this a thing now? Watching sunrises and sunsets?" I asked him.

"It can be our thing." He shrugged while smiling at me.

Bam. Just like that my body melted. He knows how important the beauty of the sky is to me.

I rested my head onto his arm and we sat in silence. Only the sound of the music playing in the background while the sun slowly disappeared.

______

"You guys all wanna go get ready for bed?" Jeff yawned while Ethan and I climbed back down to where they were all standing up and grabbing their things.

"Yeah, we were just about to ask." I answered him. Being in the sun for ten hours is extremely exhausting.

We all walked down the stairs into the under cabin that had two couches and we brought two air mattresses.

"I'll blow these up." Jeff grabbed the air pump and mattresses-blowing them up.

"I call couch!" Taylor and I said in sync while running onto the couch. We giggled pulling the covers over us and putting our backs against the couch.

"Make room bitches." Peytan laughed while sitting down next to us and getting under the blanket.

"I've got couch." Grayson laughed hitting Ethans arm.

Ethan shrugged, "I've got air mattress." He seemed to not really care where he slept.

"Okay here's one." Jeff removed the electrical pump from the mattress and set in down onto the floor.

"This looks so comfy holy shit." Ethan plopped down onto the mattress, grabbing a pillow from the couch and putting it behind his head.

Peytan turned on a movie while Jeff finished up his mattress.

Everyone got comfortable while we watched a movie I've never seen before. It was surprisingly interesting.

We all stayed quiet throughout the entire movie until it was the end.

I looked around and everyone was dead asleep. Both Taylor and Peytans heads were rested on my shoulder; making my position uncomfortable.

I looked down to Ethans mattress and bit my lip debating on whether I should just sleep on the couch with the girls or go lay down and get comfy.

I let out a sigh and slowly got up, being sure to put their heads down onto the couch carefully.
My hands latched onto an extra blanket.

I tip toed around Jeff's mattress and bent down onto Ethans without saying anything.

I could see his lips departed slightly as he was peacefully asleep. The light from the sky leaked through the window helping me to see what I was doing.

I wrapped myself in my blanket; separate from his and adjusted myself to be comfortable. I laid facing away from Ethan. I let out a breath through my nose and I closed my eyes.

"You just couldn't stay away could you?" Ethans voice whispered which startled me.

I felt my cheeks getting red as my head turned to the ceiling. "Oh shut up." I whispered back.

He chuckled twice then it grew quiet as I turned my head back to my normal position.

I felt him move, then my blanket moved. I felt his hand slide over my waist which pulled my closer to him.

A huge feeling of safety came over me as I laid there peacefully.

Looking back at everything, it's crazy to think that not even a month ago, we had the worst possible relationship two humans could have.

And now here we are. Friends who learned how to actually care about each other.

______
500 votes + 500 comments for next chapter!
comment your thoughts!
I love y'all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 81 53
where a cliche bully turns into a lover. "fuck you" "Yes, and I know that I don't know what love is but I have such strong feelings for you Amelia. I...
121K 4.8K 30
In which a young woman goes on a voyage across the Atlantic Ocean, only to fall in love with the captain's son and befriend two passengers. ...
311K 8.9K 46
[ COMPLETED ] in which a girl loses someone dear to her life and falls into depression, shutting her best friend, ethan, out in the process. ethan tr...
18.6K 264 56
A story where two brothers fall for the same girl. Highest ranking: #5 graysondolan Started: July 8, 2018 Ended: December 11, 2018