37

FRIDAY
[ ALLISON'S POV ]

"Did you text Peytan yet?" Taylor asked me while adjusting the straps to her tight maroon velvet crop top.

"Yeah, she hasn't answered me since Tuesday when she said that she can't get her nails done with us." I sighed while put my phone down onto the bed.

"I hope she decides to come to Garrett's. It could really be good for her if we help her have fun." Alyssa brushed through her perfect blonde hair.

"She might be scared. Whatever happened to her, happened at Garretts." I bit my bottom lip nervous while locking my phone.

"All we can do is hope for the best." Taylor shrugged.

"I just hope she's okay. Come on, Let's get going." I got up from the bed while grabbing my phone and car keys.

_______

The immediate smell of strawberry hit my nose as we walked through the front door of Garrett's house.

Strawberry vodka.

There was a lot more people here than I expected. I would have thought that Garrett would want a break from all these people since he just threw a party.

"Girls! You made it!" Garrett slung his arms around all three of us.

We all laughed at his sloppy drunk self, "we wouldn't miss you're iconic bonfires." Taylor patted his chest while he let go of us.

"Come on, let's go to the kitchen! I have a couple of people I want you guys to meet." His rough hands latched onto each of our wrists while pulling us further into the house.

We pushed past the nasty sweaty bodies that danced around the house. We reached the kitchen and my heart practically dropped out of my chest.

"These are a couple of new friends I made, Drew and Duke!" Garrett pointed to each of them.

Drew's eyes caught onto me while his eyebrows raised in shock; shock that I was actually at a party with people.

I could see Taylor in my peripheral vision looking at me but I just kept looking at them. I knew she was cautious of me.

"What's up, Allison?" Drew tried to pull me into a hug but I leaned back; completely dodging it.

I shot him a stern look that read 'don't fucking touch me' all over it. His eyes widened, "Damn, you did change. Confident."

"They used to be friends with Ethan and Grayson did you know that? Small fucking world." Garrett laughed while pouring himself another drink.

"Do you girls want a drink?" Duke asked all three of us.
"I could use one." Alyssa raised her hand up.
Taylor shrugged, "I guess I will take one."

The usual warm pit of nervousness swarmed through my stomach.

"Do you want one?" Drew asked while grabbing beers out of the cooler.

I bit my bottom lip, being cautious. "No, I'm not drinking I have to drive." I used an excuse but I mean, it made sense.

"Ah okay. Designated driver I see." Drew smiled handing Taylor and Alyssa beers.

Wait? No rude comment? Did Drew just agree with me on something?
I raised my eyebrow at him, confused on how he wasn't doing anything to embarrass me.

"What?" He chuckled; his eyes landing onto me.

"You're being normal with me. Why?" I gave him a bit of a sassy tone.

"Look, I never really gave you a chance okay? You're actually pretty chill." He shrugged while putting the tin can of beer up to his lips.

"We started hearing about how everyone loved you and Ethan, you stared rising up and it kind of made us feel like shit for being dicks to you 24/7. We never gave you a chance." Duke shrugged.