17

SATURDAY
[ ALLISON'S POV ]

"I saw the pictures of sunsets hanging on your wall." Grayson commented while flipping the pancake onto the opposite side.

I looked up him, but his back was facing me. "Yeah, I was dumb to miss them. Even if my mom was gone, that was the only way I could have still be connected with her."

"Well at least you've got them now. In a way, you didn't miss them." I saw him shrug.

"Thanks to Ethan." I looked back down to my phone and continued scrolling through Twitter.

"You're changing him, Allison." He caught me off guard. I clicked the power button on my phone and raised my eyebrow.

"I'm not changing him... he does that on his own." I got up from the bar stool and sat down onto the counter top right next to where Grayson was standing.

"Let me rephrase. You're giving him a reason to change and it's working." He continued to cook the pancakes without looking up at me.

"He's putting in so much effort to get my forgiveness." I let out a sigh, "I don't want that to change who he is."

Grayson finally looked up to me, "The Ethan that is showing right now, that's the real him. He only lets very few people see it."

"Why?" I was interested to hear the reason why Ethan is so closed off and rude.

"It's just who he is. He has a hard ass shell but on the inside, he's sensitive as hell." A small grin appears on Grayson's face from thinking about it. "I love that you're finally able to see that."

I let out a huff of air and ran my fingers through my hair. "It's about time."

"Allison." Grayson started but then looked down being unsure of what he wanted to say.

"What's wrong?" I put my hand onto his shoulder and rubbed it a couple times before letting go.

"Do you ever... still get scared of him?" His eyebrows raised while looking into my eyes.

I nodded, "I do. Sometimes so badly that I have trouble breathing. It's the weirdest thing, he could just be sitting in class and a giant amount of fear comes over me. It's like an inner fear." I looked down to my hands.

"If there's one thing I'm sure about, it's that he won't hurt you again. I can see it in him." Grayson assured me.

See what in him?

I nodded hoping that he was right. "I hope so."

_______
[ ETHAN'S POV ]

I woke up seeing that it was broad daylight outside. My alarm clock read '3:13pm.'

How did I fall asleep at 6pm and sleep till 3pm? Guess I'm just really fucking tired.

I got out of bed and trotted down the stairs seeing Grayson and Ally sitting on the couch watching some TV. Well, Ally was sleeping.

Grayson's eyes caught mine and he put his pointer finger to his mouth making sure I stayed quiet.

Once I got close enough to him, I whispered. "Is she okay?"

"Yeah she just doesn't feel too well. Her stomach has been killing her so I've been watching over her Incase she needs anything." Grayson explained in a low toned voice.

I nodded, "okay." I started to walk to the kitchen when Gray stopped me. "Now that you're up, I'm gonna go get a bite to eat with Jeff."

"Where at?" I asked since I was hungry.